tinnitus?

pollin

No, thank God, but I notice I have the problem bad when the pollen count is high....

Laura
do you think the weather can do this.it is dry where I love and have noticed that I have really dry ears that hurt.. the static is loud.. can't believe I can hear this in my deaf ear.but no other sound..

do you think the weather can do this.it is dry where I love and have noticed that I have really dry ears that hurt.. the static is loud.. can't believe I can hear this in my deaf ear.but no other sound..

My ears REALLY hurt the first really cold day we had here this year. I don't know if it was coincidence or what but I believe weather can impact it just as much as caffeine, alcohol, or a stuffy nose can.

Tinnitus is super crazy tonight. I tried wearing ear plugs at the Super Bowl party but it didn't help.

My head feels like it is going to burst with all this noise. I am so, so tired and only wish for a little peace so I can get some sleep.

Of course if my team would have won this all might be worth it:):)

I'm usually up late but tonight I was sleeping and woke up. I'm starting to get sick (sore throat, aches/chills) so I really do need to get sleeping again but I'm too uncomfortable to. :(

Well I am glad your back. I am going crazy with my tinnitus. I am totally deaf, both ears. It is never, ever quiet for me. At first I was getting songs or sayings from TV shows like Bewitched, Flintstones and Barney the purple dinosaur. The worst is when I get a car alarm noise that sounds like it is right next to my head. But these sports games that go on for hours in my head are just too much. I don't even watch basketball.

This is why I love this site, especially when you find out your not alone.

I never knew tinnitus was sounds other than the constant ringing sound that drives me insane.
Hmmm...

Sometimes mine gets really loud and my hearing drops significantly. It does this for about a half minute then the tinnitus drops back to normal levels and my hearing returns to how it usually is. Anyone else have this issue with theirs? I'm trying to figure out what is going on.

Yes. Loud ringing, I hear nothing else for a moment or two, and then back to its normal maddening level.

Hi;
I been a long time sufferer of severe tinnitus, it seems to get louder every year. I am profoundly HOH from injuries suffered during Active Duty Army years ago and as I lose more hearing the tinnitus takes its place. Its louder than my inner voice now and it occurs 24x7 all year round. Loud ringing, clicks, wurrs, pinging, banging and incoherent voices in the dark.

Voices can be tinnitus?! Does it sound like whispers?

I never knew tinnitus was sounds other than the constant ringing sound that drives me insane.
Hmmm...

Oh believe me I have the constant loud ROAR all day long. The others I described happen ALL night long. My doctors and audiologist call me "unique" but I think I am just plain old crazy now!!!!!!:roll:

Now 1am and the tinnitus is so bad I can't even think about sleeping. I really wanted to avoid going back to my brain doc but there is something wrong. My head feels like it is going to bust and my ears are roaring like crazy. These night drive me crazy!!

So sorry. I hate days like that. You'd think after you deal with something so long, it wouldn't bother you, but it always seems to find a way.

Voices can be tinnitus?! Does it sound like whispers?

Exactly like whispers, it is tinnitus for sure. Tinnitus can be many noises from many levels of ringing and or buzzing from subtle to deafening loud. It can be a periodic loud bang like someone banging on your door. It can be a pinging noise like the one you hear from a submarine sonar. It can be loud roaring like a jet and voices in the dark that don't make no sense. Tinnitus can also be accompanied with pain and pressure in the head. There are many other side effects of tinnitus including jaw pain.

I have had CAT scans and MRIs done to rule out things like tumors and diseases of the middle ear. There are NO cures, and the only relief you get is by trying to get your brain power to think about something else-much like stomping on your own foot to take the pain away from a resetting a broken finger. It causes insomnia because you cant fall asleep, it can drive you crazy if you let it overwhelm you and van even cause death by suicide. Its there 24 hours a day 7 days a week with NO relief for the rest of your life.

I am trying many things of my own creation because there isn't much out there in the way of help. Things like aroma therapy or sound therapy. I even asked my doctors to look into going completely deaf but that was tried before and those poor folks who did attempt this only became deaf with the loud ringing. (It comes from within the brain).

Exactly like whispers, it is tinnitus for sure.

Anyone who knows me enough to be called my friend knows I have tinnitus. Those who know me well know it's why I don't sleep.
I've never told anyone about the incoherent whispers.
i didn't know that was part of the tinnitus. :cry:
I haven't told my parents, best friend, doctor, not anybody.
I thought I was loosing my mind, hearing voices. I'd wake up in the middle of the night hearing whispers I couldn't understand, and just sit there, sobbing because I thought I was loosing my mind - which is my biggest fear in life.
It's the same shit that causes that incessant tone?! That's it?! I never saw a connection between the two.
I wish I knew this many years ago.

...wow

I'm fairly certain I know why I have the tinnitus.
I had no idea back when I was a child that one act of stupidity would have an impact on my whole life.
I was lucky I didn't also injure my eyes as well.

Last edited:
Anyone who knows me enough to be called my friend knows I have tinnitus. Those who know me well know it's why I don't sleep.
I thought I was loosing my mind, hearing voices. I'd wake up in the middle of the night hearing whispers I couldn't understand, and just sit there, sobbing because I thought I was loosing my mind - which is my biggest fear in life.
It's the same shit that causes that incessant tone?! That's it?! I never saw a connection between the two.

...wow

I had no idea back when I was a child that one act of stupidity would have an impact on my whole life.

:hug: Hang in there. I know tinnitus seriously blows but at least you know you aren't alone, right? It definitely helps me to know I'm not the only one dealing with it. I'm sorry you're so upset. :(

:hug: Hang in there. I know tinnitus seriously blows but at least you know you aren't alone, right? It definitely helps me to know I'm not the only one dealing with it. I'm sorry you're so upset. :(

I WAS so upset...
Now that I know the whispers aren't insanity, it's just from the tinnitus... I'm beyond relieved. I really thought I was going insane. There is nothing I can think of that would be worse than loosing my mind.

I WAS so upset...
Now that I know the whispers aren't insanity, it's just from the tinnitus... I'm beyond relieved. I really thought I was going insane. There is nothing I can think of that would be worse than loosing my mind.

I hear you! I mean, I'm nuts but at least they can't lock me up for my type of nuts. :laugh2:

Exactly like whispers, it is tinnitus for sure. Tinnitus can be many noises from many levels of ringing and or buzzing from subtle to deafening loud. It can be a periodic loud bang like someone banging on your door. It can be a pinging noise like the one you hear from a submarine sonar. It can be loud roaring like a jet and voices in the dark that don't make no sense. Tinnitus can also be accompanied with pain and pressure in the head. There are many other side effects of tinnitus including jaw pain.

I have had CAT scans and MRIs done to rule out things like tumors and diseases of the middle ear. There are NO cures, and the only relief you get is by trying to get your brain power to think about something else-much like stomping on your own foot to take the pain away from a resetting a broken finger. It causes insomnia because you cant fall asleep, it can drive you crazy if you let it overwhelm you and van even cause death by suicide. Its there 24 hours a day 7 days a week with NO relief for the rest of your life.

I am trying many things of my own creation because there isn't much out there in the way of help. Things like aroma therapy or sound therapy. I even asked my doctors to look into going completely deaf but that was tried before and those poor folks who did attempt this only became deaf with the loud ringing. (It comes from within the brain).

From your post about tinnitus causing insomnia that is me every single night. I had the brutal roar, a car alarm and a radio station all night long. I was still awake at 5:30am when hubby got up for work. I am totally deaf and have accepted that but this tinnitus is making me very depressed. I like to be happy so I am fighting it the best I can but I am failing.:dunno2

From your post about tinnitus causing insomnia that is me every single night. I had the brutal roar, a car alarm and a radio station all night long. I was still awake at 5:30am when hubby got up for work. I am totally deaf and have accepted that but this tinnitus is making me very depressed. I like to be happy so I am fighting it the best I can but I am failing.:dunno2

Have you tried aroma therapy, like a fresh spring air freshener(works for me), maybe try a soft lamp that slowly changes colors from red to yellow (except for blue)?

I am going to try the lamp myself as soon as I get the extra funds-even if I have to make it myself. The other think i would like to look into is a bed vibrator with a very soft vibration that gets generated from music. The main thing is to try and tunr your attention away from the tinnitus using creative ways. A non intrusive fragant smell can not only help take your attention away but may enhance your dreams. One thing we do not do well with is silence or being idle too long. Makes bed time difficult for us.

Another think I am looking into is keeping the TV on with CC but I need to get a screen filter that filters out blue. I need something that will emitt a low red, green and white light.

The best thing to do is to distract your mind from the noises, avoid stress-stress will definatly make the roaring and tinnitus worse-somtimes it worsens two days after the stressfull event happened.

...wow

Sorry to hear that,
Yes our brains do funny things. whispers, bangs and pings and such are alot like when a person loses a limb and still feels pain-called ghost pains. Our brain starts to make up sounds because its losing or has lost the input from the outside world-it just makes stuff up. Tinnitus is considered a symptom of something else not the problem or the disease.

Back