thoughs on deaf/hearing relationships?

I have strange experience... in short, My deaf cousin, Who do love with me but i don't have feelings for her until her death..I never thought much about it myself until I was faced with the shock and undeniable truth of my cousin's death..there were also some more reasons which make me not to feel the same as she, coz i dont know any sign language etc..but it was happen..
I dont know what to say..May be i am wrong but now my friends and my heart always say to me Never marry or marry to a deaf Girl.
Let me clear u its not for sympathy You can say it some kind of spiritual feelings, or pure and honest feelings from deepest of my heart.

I have strange experience... in short, My deaf cousin, Who do love with me but i don't have feelings for her until her death..I never thought much about it myself until I was faced with the shock and undeniable truth of my cousin's death..there were also some more reasons which make me not to feel the same as she, coz i dont know any sign language etc..but it was happen..
I dont know what to say..May be i am wrong but now my friends and my heart always say to me Never marry or marry to a deaf Girl.
Let me clear u its not for sympathy You can say it some kind of spiritual feelings, or pure and honest feelings from deepest of my heart.

Ummmm what...

Why not get a car with turbocharged engine? Once you do that, you'll be overwhelmed about all those hot women who would pay to ride in your car. They want the feeling of riding in a car with turbocharged engine. Once those turbos go out or you get bored of turbos, ask the women how they feel about you. Trust me, there are a lot of women interested simply because you have a car or car(s) with turbocharged engine. Think, what about you? Will they be interested in you if your turbo went dead? You should see what that lead to later in life.

Try telling deaf/Deaf women that you would like to date someone who is deaf and see where that leads you.

Why not get a car with turbocharged engine? Once you do that, you'll be overwhelmed about all those hot women who would pay to ride in your car. They want the feeling of riding in a car with turbocharged engine. Once those turbos go out or you get bored of turbos, ask the women how they feel about you. Trust me, there are a lot of women interested simply because you have a car or car(s) with turbocharged engine. Think, what about you? Will they be interested in you if your turbo went dead? You should see what that lead to later in life.

Try telling deaf/Deaf women that you would like to date someone who is deaf and see where that leads you.

:lol:

Ummmm Yes

If you said to me "will you go on a date with me because I really wanna date a deaf girl" I'd slap you in the face and then tell you to get a life. Your pre req for a gf shouldn't be deaf. No matter who your family member you miss was...

If you said to me "will you go on a date with me because I really wanna date a deaf girl" I'd slap you in the face and then tell you to get a life. Your pre req for a gf shouldn't be deaf. No matter who your family member you miss was...

I think you have a problem with your brain..Its not good thing that u are saying to me..so u should go to a Mental Doctor i mean "psychiatrist" i would say "psychologist"

Last i would say for you " Spalt and Mental Midget "

I think you have a problem with your brain..Its not good thing that u are saying to me..so u should go to a Mental Doctor i mean "psychiatrist" i would say "psychologist"

You don't even know me. What you wrote a few posts earlier would be said by most deaf girls. What you are saying is rude. Also I'm nowhere near a midget...but the fact that you'd throw around that word to someone you don't know just because I'm short makes you a jerk.

Why do you get a kick out of bullying other people! Act an adult!

Well, I've dated two deaf gals, and four hearing women. *counting*

They're not really that different, deaf and hearing relationships. Usually I would find a girl at bar here in Prague, "the prostitute capital of Europe".

It's tough, I won't lie, but not impossible.
My boyfriend is Deaf and so is his entire family. My whole family is hearing. Most of my friends are hearing and very few of them sign. All of his friends are Deaf.
For me it is a respect thing. I am hearing, and I can sign. Therefore I have a choice. He doesn't have a choice which language to use between English and ASL. So I have pretty much given up my hearing life. I don't listen to music when I'm with him, and we mostly go out with his friends (or with my friends who can sign). Now I haven't written off my friends and family or anything, I still see them pretty often, but I am actively involved in his culture and I think that makes all the difference.
Not that it isn't hard sometimes, because it is! I think the biggest test will be when we have kids. I have seen so many deaf/hearing couples where the hearing person uses their voice with the kids, and the kids can hardly communicate with the spouse who is deaf. This is really sad to me, because in that relationship, where is the respect for the deaf spouse?
I am a firm believer that it can work if you, as a hearing person, are willing to change your life. The key is willingly and not begrudgingly.

ISo I have pretty much given up my hearing life. I don't listen to music when I'm with him, and we mostly go out with his friends (or with my friends who can sign). Now I haven't written off my friends and family or anything, I still see them pretty often, but I am actively involved in his culture and I think that makes all the difference.

I'm glad this is working for you now, but I don't think it is the best course. A relationship does not mean one person changes their whole life. It means you both change for each other. Your partner needs to understand your needs as well.

It sounds like you have a balance now, but issues have a way of adding up and eventually people take it out on the other person.

I see what you mean. :)
But I don't see it in a negative light. I don't see it as "ugh I had to give up my whole life, whine whine whine" I see it as "this is the man of my dreams who I have been waiting my entire life for, I would do anything to make this relationship successful."
I still have my solid family and friends, I am active with these people, but I am more active within the community that uses ASL, that's all! :)

I see what you mean. :)
But I don't see it in a negative light. I don't see it as "ugh I had to give up my whole life, whine whine whine" I see it as "this is the man of my dreams who I have been waiting my entire life for, I would do anything to make this relationship successful."
I still have my solid family and friends, I am active with these people, but I am more active within the community that uses ASL, that's all! :)

Not today, but that day may come. Nobody see's anything in a negative light when they are in love(that's what love does). Just be aware that many people have stood were you stand today and try not to fall into what other people have fallen into.

"Try to strike a balance", is the best advice anyone can give you.

You're right. I appreciate your thoughts.
I can only pray to be selfless and not let resentment build up. If the roles were reversed he would do the same for me.

You're right. I appreciate your thoughts.
I can only pray to be selfless and not let resentment build up. If the roles were reversed he would do the same for me.

The roles are reversed and he should be doing the same for you...

Good luck with it.

Yeah, I would want to be turbocharged if there was a way to make a human one.

If you want a role model I suggest early Elvis Presley. Whoa. There is a reason they called him "Elvis the Pelvis". I saw an old film of him in concert. Whoa. That guy had a turbocharger on his ass that defied human possibility. He had every younger woman in the world lusting for him with desire so strong that even all these years later bad Elvis imitators get fantasy fucked.

I have been meaning to remark about that cat. Don't see many like that one. :wave:

Back