The Walking Dead

Missed it last Sunday...dog-gone-it!

I'm not reading this thread, no oh no. I don't want to spoil it. I just started watching this last night on netfliks. Stayed up waaaay too late last night watching 3 episodes of the first season. Loving it so far!!! I think I'm already hooked.

I'm not reading this thread, no oh no. I don't want to spoil it. I just started watching this last night on netfliks. Stayed up waaaay too late last night watching 3 episodes of the first season. Loving it so far!!! I think I'm already hooked.

It's a shame that Netflix doesn't carry "The Talking Dead." That's the program that airs after the show to talk with the actors or the writers and discuss where the story is going. Last week they had the make up artists talk about what's involved with creating the zombie look (using a lot of gray make up) and the type of "blood" they use throughout the story. Bear in mind, these extras really make peanuts and they sit in that make up chair for hours for what may be only seconds for air time. The worst part, is how can you brag about your "role" when you're not recognizable by your own family....:eek3:

What amazes me is that this series is based off a graphic novel that has no ending and is still in publication. It's unheard of to make a movie or series off of a work in progress. I loved the graphic novel "Death Note," but I admit I don't care for graphic novels much, but I was hooked when I saw Japanese films which used actors and had the monster in the graphic novel appear as itself in the film. For someone that doesn't ever watch or read these types of stories, I was hooked.

Death Note (JAPAN 2006)

The Walking Dead was a nice surprise too because I'm the last person to watch zombie flicks - I've never understood the appeal, but I do love the great acting and writing in this program.

Laura

twdamc.jpg

You know, that scene was the coolest of any show or movie I watched. Wouldn't it be great if you had a last chance to connect with someone you love and lost and say goodbye? On the Talking Dead, they asked the audience who would you call during the zombie apocalypse and the final vote was "order pizza." :D

Laura

I'm not going to read any of the posts on here in fear of catching spoilers but anyway... I just finished watch season two and I love it!

In the beginning, it gave me goosebumps when a horde of zombies just wander on a highway without anyone knowing until they were nearby. When Andrea was in a mobile home cleaning her gun, I was like, "Look out the window!" over and over. I can't imagine how painful T-Dog must going through with that awful cut. When a zombie discovered that Sophia is under a car, I was rooting for her to survive because of Carl. Later she got lost and went missing. While searching for Sophoa, Carl got shot accidentally and Otis took them to a farm own by a doctor (thankfully).

After a few episodes of searching for Sophia, I gave up and was hoping they would move on because I was thinking just like Shane. It's just impossible for her to be still alive after a while and it turned out Shane was right. She was dead and was in the barn the whole time and at first I was like, "Why the f**k didn't anyone bring up that a little girl is in the barn?" after the farm people was informed that a group were looking for her. And then I went "Ohhhh now I understand." after Hershel explained that it was Otis who put them in there and he died before he find out what they're looking for.

Now with Otis, I can't decide whether if Shane did a wrong thing by shooting Otis and used him for bait. I mean if it wasn't for Otis being a bait, Carl probably won't survive. But still I hated Shane for that. Shane went nuts when he found out that there are zombies in the barn which is understandable. When Hershel, Jimmy and Rick brought back two more walkers, Shane went even more ballistic and start killing them. I'm thinking that is not his farm and he shouldn't have done that. But then Shane is the one who opened Hershel's eyes that those people are dead and not sick. He still did the wrong thing but the outcome is positive though and the truth about Sophia finally came out.

When Lori apologize to Shane for what is happening, just the look in Shane's eyes gave me heartache. He truly loved her and there's nothing he could do to get her back. I feel so bad for him. He loved her so much that he's willing to kill his best friend. I was not expecting that at all, I thought he was going to deal with it his own way but not killing Rick. I was surprised when Shane turned into a zombie after being killed by a gunshot and Rick learned that they're all infected anyway, alive or not.

Right after Carl killed Zombie Shane, the camera move up and holy shit so many zombies walking toward to Rick and Carl. Whoaaaa! O.O

Later Andrea was left behind at the farm (Noooooo!!!!) I actually like Andrea which many people think she's an annoying character. I can't imagine how tiring Andrea must've felt after being constantly chased by walkers and I prayed, "Please don't kill her!" When a mysterious woman saved Andrea in the forest and this woman had chained 2 strange armless zombies like dogs with her. WTF is that!? They weren't attacking or anything. They must have somehow trained not to eat people. I can't wait to find what that is in the next season.

One thing I'm upset with Andrea - she should have listen when she was being told not to shoot when Daryl came out and acted like a zombie. I understand her thrill for finally learn how to use a gun but be patience, woman! I was relieved that Daryl is okay and is not badly injured. (He is my favorite character so is Glenn)

There is one thing that I don't really understand - why is Lori so upset with Rick after he explained that he killed Shane and why he did it? I don't know, I can't seem to think of possibles... I'm just so confused with her attitude.

I probably got more to say but nothing come to mind at the moment. Anyway I can't wait to watch season three! My cousin told me that it's better than previous seasons and that it's nonstop action. I'm very much looking forward to it but ugh I have to wait a long time for it to come out on DVD. =[

This show is straying so far from the source material. I'm on the fence about it honestly.
I'm thrilled they brought in Tyrese though.

This show is straying so far from the source material. I'm on the fence about it honestly.
I'm thrilled they brought in Tyrese though.

It's straying from the source material because the writers behind the graphic novel don't have an ending yet themselves so anything goes.....

Laura

Later Andrea was left behind at the farm (Noooooo!!!!) I actually like Andrea which many people think she's an annoying character. I can't imagine how tiring Andrea must've felt after being constantly chased by walkers and I prayed, "Please don't kill her!

The actress behind that character spoke on "The Talking Dead," which recaps the episodes after it's played. She said she literally ran an entire day for that scene. All she did was run....amazing shape she must be in. :D

Laura

I got so excited when I saw "The Walking Dead" post! Like H.o.H_Angel said, they aren't really following the comics.

I like they're adding their own ingredients to the mix but I feel like theyre not doing some characters justice. The Governor especially. Dude is straight pussy on the TV show.

Of course seeing as how this show airs on TMC, they can only go so far in terms of violence and graphic content. This show would perform better on Starz or HBO.

The show is some of the best stuff Ive ever seen. Realistic zombies, realistic acting, realistic situations if such a thing were to happen to civilization. It shows human nature to its raw core. You can download eztv episodes from www.kat.ph using a bit torrent program like transmission for mac or arctic torrent for windows. and head over to subscene.com to download subtitle files. Use VLC to play the episodes and drag and drop the subtitle while the episode plays. Simple.

Zombies are awesome :)

It's a shame that Netflix doesn't carry "The Talking Dead." That's the program that airs after the show to talk with the actors or the writers and discuss where the story is going. Last week they had the make up artists talk about what's involved with creating the zombie look (using a lot of gray make up) and the type of "blood" they use throughout the story. Bear in mind, these extras really make peanuts and they sit in that make up chair for hours for what may be only seconds for air time. The worst part, is how can you brag about your "role" when you're not recognizable by your own family....:eek3:

What amazes me is that this series is based off a graphic novel that has no ending and is still in publication. It's unheard of to make a movie or series off of a work in progress. I loved the graphic novel "Death Note," but I admit I don't care for graphic novels much, but I was hooked when I saw Japanese films which used actors and had the monster in the graphic novel appear as itself in the film. For someone that doesn't ever watch or read these types of stories, I was hooked.

Death Note (JAPAN 2006)

The Walking Dead was a nice surprise too because I'm the last person to watch zombie flicks - I've never understood the appeal, but I do love the great acting and writing in this program.

Laura

It wasn't Netflix fault because all contents are controlled by TV shows companies like AMC, so you have to ask AMC.

We watched the Walking dead for 3 days straight on netflix, with captions...

Gotta say, I've never seen a zombie, much less a realistic looking one...however, the show does make them God awful to watch during a meal......

Laura

I meant makeup and costume wise. Theyre higher quality than others Ive seen.

For anyone who lives near Cinci, OH

HorrorHound Weekend - Cincinnati - March 22-24th, 2013

I'll be there. My niece wants to meet Chandler (who plays Carl) on TWD.

That's rad! I'm going to a horror convention here in Texas in May because of you. You brought up about going to one in last movie you purchased thread and that makes me want to go. Obviously it's going to be my first time so I'm very excited! Y'all have fun!

Back