The road to be smoke-free.

the road to be smoke -free??
Ken Block wont be very happy lol

thats really good ... wish i had your willpower to do the same:shock:

I have crutches to help, I don't have to rely on my will power alone. I've been using nicorette lozonges. But I have an e cig too, I use that when I'm drinking my coffee, driving, at night before I go to bed and if I go out to a bar. I'll probably switch the patch after 6-8 weeks, or whenever I run out of all the lozenges I have now. I have a lot though because I buy it at Costco. I'll have to think about it though, Not sure if I wasnt to be wearing the patch during the summer, when I go out to the pool and the beach. Plus I think I'm allergic to the adhesive. I've used the patch before, where I put it on gets soooo itchy and get a hive where it is.

Still doing fine. There are temptations, like when someone else is smoking. However, I was talking to a friend last night, and I found the smell oppressive.

Still doing fine. There are temptations, like when someone else is smoking. However, I was talking to a friend last night, and I found the smell oppressive.

That is when I have found the ecig to be the most useful!! I'm in SC and in most bars you can still smoke inside. Drinks and ciggies go hand in hand AND I can't use a Nicorette lozenge and have a beer at the same time, so those ecigs have saved my arse a few times!!!

Just found out that today makes 4 months my nephew is smoke free!!! HE's a DJ and mixes music living in Central Missouri.

I have crutches to help, I don't have to rely on my will power alone. I've been using nicorette lozonges. But I have an e cig too, I use that when I'm drinking my coffee, driving, at night before I go to bed and if I go out to a bar. I'll probably switch the patch after 6-8 weeks, or whenever I run out of all the lozenges I have now. I have a lot though because I buy it at Costco. I'll have to think about it though, Not sure if I wasnt to be wearing the patch during the summer, when I go out to the pool and the beach. Plus I think I'm allergic to the adhesive. I've used the patch before, where I put it on gets soooo itchy and get a hive where it is.

Never heard of nicorette lozenges ... but have the e cig and patches ... know a couple people that have tried those 2 and it didnt help ... dont like coffee so wont have to worry bout that lol only tried to cut back on my own and almost quit a couple times then get stressed and say screw it and light up again lol

I'm proud to say that I have been smoke-free for 8 years now. I quit smoking cold turkey because I got pregnant during that time. Without having second thoughts, I immediately quit smoking.

Oh..'the road' as in life, well as for me, i was a smoker too, been smokeless for about 16 years now

I cant believe how cheap cigarettes are in the US, we pay about $18 a packet here or about $140 a carton

Weird, when I went to St Marteens a couple years ago the food at the grocery stores was soooooo expensive, I imagine because everything has to be imported. But the cigarettes were cheaper than in the states, they were like 2 something a pack for Marlboros :shock:

Oh but please, taxes on cigarettes might have started as a way to cover health care costs, but for a long long time now it's just been every politicians cash cow. They need more money for this that and the other thing. Where we going to get it? Ahhh let's just raise the taxes on cigarettes again. grrrrrrrrrr

What is the cost per pack here in the US now? When I was smoking it was $1.15 per pack and &$17.95 per carton.

It depends on where you are in the US the prices vary ... and yep taxes are alot of it ... but I'm in North Carolina and Marlboro is $5.10 per pack or $46 per carton ... pall mall is $33 per carton ... BUT when I was in Arkansas a few years back cigarette prices there were $15 more per carton no matter what you get ... so I can get a carton of Marlboro here for the price they pay for a carton of Pall Mall there ... sometimes I get Marlboro coupons in the mail ... I got 2 of those recently for $1.50 off per pack ... so I got 2 packs for $5.45 total which isnt bad now days ... the government taxes anything they can as much as they can ... same as gasoline ... and not trying to open a can of worms here but in my opinion thats part of the reason some places are trying to legalize marijuana ... its always gonna be around illegal or not and the government wants their cut of the profit and call it "taxes" and theyd be able to "regulate" it like they try to do with everything else now ...

Also I guess i should have mentioned since I dont know how it is in other countries, but there is 20 cigarettes per pack and 10 packs per carton here in the US ...

What is the cost per pack here in the US now? When I was smoking it was $1.15 per pack and &$17.95 per carton.

It varies in each state. Here in Kentucky, it is like $3.50 to $6 per pack. $42-$50 per carton. Kentucky is BIG on tobacco which is why it is cheap to get it.

:bump:
Just curious how this was going now days :hmm:

I still smoke, I always hit super stressful moments right when I try to quit... I heard of this Lizzard Juice thing they sell here in Florida, I might try that. A few people I work with swear by it. :) I smoke Camels and they're running around $5 a pack here which I suppose is a lot better than most places. :(

Back