The road to be smoke-free.

But I am a lot wrinklier than my sister that's 16 months younger than me. That could be sun too, I'm a big sunbather in the summer and go to the beach whenever I can, plus I've had jobs where I've spent a lot of time outside. Both my sisters stay out of it for the most part, so that's no help with the wrinkles either :(

I started getting sunspots on the left side of my face a few years ago. I remember the day I noticed my status on facebook was "I have sunspots!! On. My. Face!!!" I was a room inspector at the time and spent all day in my car, with the left side of my face facing the drivers side window :( damn you sun

That could be a combination of the sun and smoking and not using sun block. When I was back at the house, I use to bike ride all the time and in the worst of the summer heat. I have an age spot on my hand from where I never put sun block over. Working outside in the sun, not using sun block, sun bathing...it's all bad...but here in New England it's rainy, damp and in the 40's...I could use a little heat here......

I tried it once and hated it! It did nothing for me.

uh yeah. I don't think it does anything for anybody when they first try it. But I think it's safe to say most people start when they're kids, and are fairly stooopid and do it to be "cool", but then it sinks it's claws in and that's all she wrote.

Can you imagine anybody starting now?? When they're how much in some places. Here in SC they're not too bad compared to the rest of the country, I was smoking Pall Malls, and they were 3.96 across the street from my house. Not sure how much marlboros are now, haven't gotten them in forever, but I think almost $5 or a little more than $5. No fahkin way would I start now, that's crazy. They were like $1.40 or 1.60 when I started.

uh yeah. I don't think it does anything for anybody when they first try it. But I think it's safe to say most people start when they're kids, and are fairly stooopid and do it to be "cool", but then it sinks it's claws in and that's all she wrote.

Can you imagine anybody starting now?? When they're how much in some places. Here in SC they're not too bad compared to the rest of the country, I was smoking Pall Malls, and they were 3.96 across the street from my house. Not sure how much marlboros are now, haven't gotten them in forever, but I think almost $5 or a little more than $5. No fahkin way would I start now, that's crazy. They were like $1.40 or 1.60 when I started.

When I was in high school it was under a dollar. I remember when it went to $1.25 or so for a pack, man did we make a big deal out that....and that's nothing today.....:D

I seem to remember a time when I swore that once they reached a dollar a pack I would quit. :giggle: My cigs lately have been less expensive than today's price per pack because of loose tobacco, tubes, and cig machines. Of course, the tobacco used is harsher.

I am looking younger than I am, never got into tanning, have some Native ancestry, late menopause. I think the left side of everyone's face looks more wrinkly because of driving.

Who else is either currently chewing tobacco or quitting it, I can stop but I have no reason to, the army never taught me how to quit this attractive habit..

Whenever I'm working or just idling around I just pack a lip, I can't even say money is an issue because its 2.99 a tin

My dad smoked so much his fingers where stained , and he tried to stop and after over 50 years of smoking he couldn't . This made a huge impression on me on why I did not want to try it again. It was a nasty habit to me and I am glad I never picked it up, I know it is very hard to break . I could not believe want a carton of cigarettes cost today and this was in NH where they're cheaper than Ma. I saw some person buying a carton and was almost $30.00! What a waste of good money.

i still clean...just discovered that staff were smoking in the residential home my daughter was in i so furiuos.
i still having pangs if i had found one today i may have faltered,but i staying indoors deliberatly got no money...hang in everyone

Still vaping 0 nicotine. I have some with nicotine available for emotional crises, when I might otherwise have a cigarette (but if I did, it would only be a few puffs before I would start feeling sick, so why light one?). Yesterday was like a soap opera with everyone around me, starting at 5:00 in the morning, and I did not smoke.

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck. You can do it! And don't give up just because you tried and failed. I think I quit smoking 40 times before I did it for good. Pack a day for 15 years and now I've been quit for going on 4. It's amazing how great it feels. Plus I used to get sick any time someone sneezed in a hundred mile radius of me and I don't think I've had anything since I quit.

how long before you felt good

My dad smoked so much his fingers where stained , and he tried to stop and after over 50 years of smoking he couldn't . This made a huge impression on me on why I did not want to try it again. It was a nasty habit to me and I am glad I never picked it up, I know it is very hard to break . I could not believe want a carton of cigarettes cost today and this was in NH where they're cheaper than Ma. I saw some person buying a carton and was almost $30.00! What a waste of good money.
The last carton I bought was $100 up in the arctic at a little store for us oilfield workers in 1999. I was really good at quitting smoking by then having succeeded at starting again so many times. For some reason that last time worked. I was feeling lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut by that time on the whole subject so am sure glad to be free of that one. Life has found other hurdles to keep me busy... smiles..

Hopefully me smoking has turned my kids off to it too! They're very excited about me quitting, and they haven't touched any of the money in my quit jar :) got $40 something in there right now so far and it's only been a little over a week. yay

I m on day 18, no cigarettes and I have $78 in my quit jar :D w00t w00t go me go me

Still doing fine. Have gone through some emotional crises that would have gotten me back smoking other times.

I wonder if some of those crises were intentionally generated????? Son seems to have more respect for me. And I am being more assertive with him.

Still doing fine. Have gone through some emotional crises that would have gotten me back smoking other times.

I wonder if some of those crises were intentionally generated????? Son seems to have more respect for me. And I am being more assertive with him.

Me too, have had some very trying days this past week, have not caved!!!
I think if my first week of quitting had been THIS week, it would have gone more like my other attempts lol

I have been smoke free ever since the Eagles loss to the Bucs in the NFC championship game in 2004, I think. I threw away the half pack and quit cold turkey.

Back