The road to be smoke-free.

yes I have roommate really cannot smoke, guy is very tried some smoke, serious chemical on brain really! I have one guy problem smoke risk chemial.. operate group handle on prevent. It is scary... Addiction show up not good for health, I notice few them.. that is not good health for you relax not easy.... affect. I believe addiction. lots of high risk smoke . guy cannot control of mind and thinking obsessive, because cannot feeling addiction, buy smoking, It is really expesnive spending costly, I told you can do it quit can do you, guy cannot tried, up to choice respect to own, as well I have successfully own manage cope smoke great successfully happy I am pretty lots of wise to things :) I quit myself. long times.. . people have can do it quit change happy best I have issues on hard breath problem on. It conflict. I have hard breath reason! I understood panic, interesting sound look likes, rid smoke!

Same. It was always a *throws hands up in air in frustration!!!!* type of thing when I was stressed and frustrated and out of control.. I guess this was my way of getting control of something... only thing is.. it made it way harder to stop lol.

It's tough but you can do it!

I have another little motivational trick to share. My daughter found an app Quitter, it keeps track of how long it has been since you quit and how much money you've saved since. You put select the day and time you quit, how many packs a day you were smoking and how much they cost. I just took a screen shot of the app on my phone, it has a share feature but it doesn't work very well, and posted it on face book getting lots of likes and support from friends on facebook helps too I think . It's like having a big team of cheer leaders. Anyway I posted there and downloaded it so I could share it here.

ambrosia-albums-grumpy-cat-picture5972-525198-10200124351929388-1664080552-n.jpg

And I'm still bribing myself with my quit jar, so far it has $20 in it, $8 from when I started quitting a couple weeks ago (left the money in there even after I started back up again), and $12 from this week. I will be depositing another $4 in it tonight before I go to bed because I am NOT going to break down and go buy a back today.

if had my life over again i NEVER EVER TOUCH A faggie..soon as i see advert pop up on tv someone dying due to smokes i flick tv over or walk out...britain brought some crap back from states tobaco must be the worse.
it cost me fortune over the years i one week in no fags,but fair play smokers pays lot of tax over the years so i think i should have respirator first.
keep strong all those craving,changed me patch got lozenge under tonge had me nasal spray,do i fancy a fag ,you bet your life i do i feeling weak and pathetic oldman gone out i cant trust myself not buy a packet OHHHHHHHHHH HELP

if had my life over again i NEVER EVER TOUCH A faggie..soon as i see advert pop up on tv someone dying due to smokes i flick tv over or walk out...britain brought some crap back from states tobaco must be the worse.
it cost me fortune over the years i one week in no fags,but fair play smokers pays lot of tax over the years so i think i should have respirator first.
keep strong all those craving,changed me patch got lozenge under tonge had me nasal spray,do i fancy a fag ,you bet your life i do i feeling weak and pathetic oldman gone out i cant trust myself not buy a packet OHHHHHHHHHH HELP

you can dooooo it caz!!!!!

ploding away...this week felt like gone on for years if someone offered me one think i crumble...so going have double scotch.. only way gonna give up is pi88ed...the theary faggies and hangovers not good.
good luck fellow quitters we can do this,lets root for each other.

if had american or russian fags give it up in shot bloody awful

WE GOT TO....KEEP EACH OTHER UP WATS WE DONE IN DAY WE GOT BE HONEST AND NOT LIKE ME SNEAKY...this good thread keep each other going

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck. You can do it! And don't give up just because you tried and failed. I think I quit smoking 40 times before I did it for good. Pack a day for 15 years and now I've been quit for going on 4. It's amazing how great it feels. Plus I used to get sick any time someone sneezed in a hundred mile radius of me and I don't think I've had anything since I quit.

Thanks. At this point, I really have difficulty thinking of any benefits from smoking. It always helped me with anger control, but given my passive personality, and rejection of any anger, aahh-- all it did was give others a chance to walk all over me. :hmm:

I'm on day 7!! yesterday one of the other massage therapists was on break the same time as me and she went outside for a smoke. I know because she came back in to the breakroom reeking of it. That is a good motivator right there!! The smell. On Monday I unzipped the all the sofa cushions and pillow covers off and washed them, I <3 microfiber!! I didn't smoke much in the house but my sofa smells awesome now and I want to keep it that way :D

Offering my support to those that need it. I was a pack and a half a day smoker and I quit cold turkey. Wasn't easy, but I did it. Did it the same time I quit drinking too. I have been smoke free and alcohol free for 20 years now. Actually a little longer as I quit before the wedding in Feb 1993.

hard day today husband out all day,i nearly sucumbed to getting packet but 6.45 and shops are shut plus no money on me,long walk to atm i go bed early sleep off the cravings...you notice it when someone walk pass you and they smoke i must smelt like that eeeew

i sooooooooooo desperate go to bed sleep off desperation of patheticness but husband got lost somewhere between london and me, my phone just broke and he 4hrs late...i rooting around for nic replacements no find any...gonna be long night

Caz:

Maybe tomorrow you can go out and get inhaler, gum patches, ecig, and get yourself a good supply for tough times. Are you making it more difficult for yourself?

husband home so off to bed soon,i found a patch it must be about 5yrs old i give that ago.courage eveyone of us quitters i 2weeks into it now..we can do lets stand firm

hard day today husband out all day,i nearly sucumbed to getting packet but 6.45 and shops are shut plus no money on me,long walk to atm i go bed early sleep off the cravings...you notice it when someone walk pass you and they smoke i must smelt like that eeeew

Nearly's and almost don't count! You didn't succumb and that's what matter :)

When you're tempted, do what I did (and I had an RN for a mother for inspiration): imagine your teeth yellow from smoking. I had a Spanish teacher once that was a heavy smoker and his white facial hair was yellow around his nose and mouth. It deprives your skin of Oxygen so compared with two people the same age, the smoker looks the older of the two and it's more noticable as they age. Sophia Loren once commented that when she stopped smoking, it improved her looks and she had no idea how it was hurting her skin. People that smoke will have problems with vision since the yellow stuff around the nose and mouth? Well, it goes everywhere: on the teeth, ruins your vocal cords (can anyone say Bea Arthur?) When people have deep, deep voices - you can bet they're also heavy smokers - and unless you wear nail polish everyday, they become yellow as well. This is all the visual damage, to say nothing about what it does internally to your organs and raising your shot at all kinds of different Cancers....to start. Why would anyone with all the medical journals out there detailing the dangers of smoking, want to pay for that kind of damage to their looks and health?

Here's another bit of inspiration: the longer you stop, the better you feel and, the easier quitting becomes,and the greater you reduce your risk of Cancer....

Laura

My teeth are pretty white, I've noticed when I take pics with my sisters my teeth are white than theirs. They have never smoked ever, but I use whitening toothpaste, and have for years and years.

I still might get them whitened though with the money from my quit jar. I'd rather get my tattoo finished with that money though ;) But I am a lot wrinklier than my sister that's 16 months younger than me. That could be sun too, I'm a big sunbather in the summer and go to the beach whenever I can, plus I've had jobs where I've spent a lot of time outside. Both my sisters stay out of it for the most part, so that's no help with the wrinkles either :(

I started getting sunspots on the left side of my face a few years ago. I remember the day I noticed my status on facebook was "I have sunspots!! On. My. Face!!!" I was a room inspector at the time and spent all day in my car, with the left side of my face facing the drivers side window :( damn you sun

Back