The real conservative scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I've read their b.s. (as usual, you are wrong, a disorgainized mob can't have a platform) but action speaks louder than words.

Nope. I'm not wrong. You are uninformed.

lol omg.. that is SO BAD... and at such an iconic place, too!!! Cafe Versailles... ahh good old times...

I don't expect him (or any other candidate) to know everything, but I'm actually really surprised that he didn't know about the wet foot, dry foot policy. Perhaps I'm just biased because I am from Miami, but I just assumed that it's something most people knew about.

Especially a presidential hopeful who has recommended electified fencing as a solution to immigration issues.:laugh2:

lol omg.. that is SO BAD... and at such an iconic place, too!!! Cafe Versailles... ahh good old times...

I don't expect him (or any other candidate) to know everything, but I'm actually really surprised that he didn't know about the wet foot, dry foot policy. Perhaps I'm just biased because I am from Miami, but I just assumed that it's something most people knew about.

In all fairness to Hermam. I didn't really know about wet foot, dry foot either.. but I would not be asking what's the Cuban word [facepalm) word is for delicious. I'd be asking for the Spanish word.. or I'd say Muy bueno.

In all fairness to Hermam. I didn't really know about wet foot, dry foot either.. but I would not be asking what's the Cuban word [facepalm) word is for delicious. I'd be asking for the Spanish word.. or I'd say Muy bueno.

Oh I looked up the wet foot and dry foot thing right after your post.

Especially a presidential hopeful who has recommended electified fencing as a solution to immigration issues.:laugh2:

I don't think I'd trust Herman Cain with a branding iron.

I asked my co-workers if they knew what it was. One knew of the policy but didn't even know it was called "Wet foot, dry foot", the rest of them had no idea what it was.

Conclusion: I am just biased because I am of Cuban descent and was born and raised in Miami. ;)

However, the "How do you say in Cuban?" thing.. yea...... that's pretty bad.....

Some people should not have cameras and microphones following them around all day. It makes them look really bad.

I asked my co-workers if they knew what it was. One knew of the policy but didn't even know it was called "Wet foot, dry foot", the rest of them had no idea what it was.

Conclusion: I am just biased because I am of Cuban descent and was born and raised in Miami. ;)

However, the "How do you say in Cuban?" thing.. yea...... that's pretty bad.....

I just asked my nephew...he knew what it was. But, he is a social studies teacher.

But he isn't running for political office, either. My point, is, he was in an area where Cuban immigration was probably going to come up. Think he might of thought of that before the appearance?:giggle: I men, knowing just a little about our immigration policies would be nice. Other than thinking an electrified fence will solve the problem.

I just asked my nephew...he knew what it was. But, he is a social studies teacher.

But he isn't running for political office, either. My point, is, he was in an area where Cuban immigration was probably going to come up. Think he might of thought of that before the appearance?:giggle: I men, knowing just a little about our immigration policies would be nice. Other than thinking an electrified fence will solve the problem.
The electricity would work most excellently in the waters off the Florida coast.

I also did not know about the feet thing. Guess that makes me a white Irish midwestern boy. "Ocean? What is that?"

If I were Herman i would have done research first.

I guess you're not really an Independent after all. Come out of closet. Tell me the truth.

Ok, I will. Name me one person elected and/or ran under the Independent Party. Note: it says "party". Sure many have ran and/or been elected as an independent but that is an individual not a party. Why don't you start thinking for yourself, why don't everyone.

Ok, I will. Name me one person elected and/or ran under the Independent Party. Note: it says "party". Sure many have ran and/or been elected as an independent but that is an individual not a party. Why don't you start thinking for yourself, why don't everyone.

Jesse Ventura. Governor of MN from 1999 - 2003. Reform Party. He won. I might have voted for him. It's a secret. If he ran for President, I might vote for him. I could do worse.

If I were Herman i would have done research first.

Supposedly he pays other people to do that kind of stuff. He said he doesn't need to know everything because the leader needs to know how to put the right people in to the right positions. If he cannot put the right people on his presidential candidate team, how is he going to do this as president. :roll:

Supposedly he pays other people to do that kind of stuff. He said he doesn't need to know everything because the leader needs to know how to put the right people in to the right positions. If he cannot put the right people on his presidential candidate team, how is he going to do this as president. :roll:

he needs to know about the issue first in order to choose right people who also share his belief.

Herman Cain now has Secret Service protection, but what’s going to keep him safe from the backlash that his “unorthodox” campaign is provoking from New Hampshire to Florida?

Perhaps even more politically significant than his new security detail was Cain’s refusal yesterday to participate in a staple of primary politics — an editorial board meeting with the New Hampshire Union Leader, the state’s most important newspaper.

The former Godfather’s Pizza CEO backed out of the previously-scheduled session just days after a similar newspaper interview in Wisconsin led to an embarrassing video of Cain stumbling through an answer on his stance on Libya.

The Union Leader’s publisher Joe McQuaid all but dismissed Cain as a viable candidate in the pages of his own paper this morning: “I don’t think he’s going anywhere from here at this point,” he said. The interview with Howard Cain that wasn't makes headlines | New Hampshire NEWS0605

Cain was able to make it to a taping of “The Late Show” with David Letterman on Thursday night. It was the first venue where Cain was protected by the Secret Service. http://abcn.ws/uBbHMB

Meanwhile, the scrutiny on Newt Gingrich over his work with the mortgage giant Freddie Mac has intensified all week. In an interview last night with Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren, Gingrich said he was “not sure the exact amount” he was paid by the company but insisted: “I do no lobbying of any kind. I never have.”

At a campaign stop in Jacksonville, Fla., yesterday, Gingrich told his audience that he would “cheerfully answer every single question” reporters had. As ABC’s Russell Goldman notes, however, following the event he refused to answer any questions about the work he did for mortgage company. http://abcn.ws/sMgtil

On Fox News last night, Gingrich said that he had asked associates to look into the payments he received and hinted that he might release more documentation as early as today.

And amid all of the sound and fury of the Republican primary race, the mostly likely eventual GOP nominee, Mitt Romney, has been waging a relatively quiet campaign. But Democrats have seized on a series of Boston Globe stories detailing how, at the end of his term as governor, Romney’s aides wiped e-mail records and purchased computer hard drives.

As the Globe’s Matt Viser and Michael Levenson report, “The Romney campaign yesterday declined requests to explain why the hard drives were purchased, leaving it unclear whether they were trying to keep information confidential. Nor did the campaign respond to questions about whether Romney had used a computer that contained one of the purchased hard drives. … The Romney campaign yesterday responded to the disclosure by filing a request under the state’s public records law for information about contacts between the office of Patrick, a Democrat, and the campaign of President Obama.” Past staffs recall no computer buybacks - Nation - The Boston Globe

DEMOCRATIC COUNTERPROGRAMMING. “The Democratic National Committee is now requesting records sent during Gov. Mitt Romney’s tenure in office in Massachusetts, filing a Freedom of Information Act request just hours after Romney’s campaign used the same means to request records of correspondence between President Obama’s re-election staff and current Massachusetts’ Gov. Deval Patrick,” ABC’s Emily Friedman notes. “According to the DNC, the formal paperwork was filed because, ‘Americans deserve to know whether the Romney administration deliberately sought to delete public records in anticipation of requests regarding Gov. Romney’s record on a range of issues – from abortion to health care – and how he reached policy decisions when in office.’” Democrats Request Records from Romney’s Governorship - ABC News

ROMNEY ON THE TRAIL: Today Romney is in New Hampshire. He will attend a Santa Fund Luncheon – co-hosted by the New Hampshire Union Leader and the Salvation Army followed by a town hall later in the afternoon in Manchester.

UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS: ABC’s Matthew Jaffe explores presidential candidate security, noting that “life on the campaign trail can be intense, unforgiving and even confrontational — but one thing it is never supposed to be is physical, a fact that appears to have been forgotten by some campaigns this year as they struggle to cope with the media spotlight.” http://abcn.ws/sC84EU

ON TODAY’S “TOP LINE”: AN ILLINOIS CONGRESSIONAL DUO. ABC’s Rick Klein and Zach Wolf sit down with Rep. Peter Roskam, R-Illinois, and his Republican counterpart from the Land of Lincoln, Rep. Adam Kinzinger. Watch “Top Line” LIVE at 12:00 p.m. Eastern. TopLine: Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., and economist Steve Bell | Video - ABC News

CONSERVATIVE GROUP PUTS PRESSURE ON KAGAN. The advocacy group, ForAmerica, has released a new web video to more than 300,000 supporters and 1.5 million-plus Facebook fans calling on Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan to recuse herself from hearings on President Obama’s health care law. http://bit.ly/tjqikm

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/the-week-of-living-dangerously-the-note/

"In 2006, Senator Lieberman was elected to a fourth term as an Independent, because of the strength of his record and his accomplishments for the state. He won the general election by more than 100,000 votes. He remains committed to caucusing with Senate Democrats, but is identified as an Independent Democrat (ID-CT)."
Senator Joseph Lieberman (CT) - Biography

For the record, I'm an independent voter, not an Independent Party member. I belong to no party.

The only national candidate mailings I've gotten so far are from Ron Paul. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back