The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
So please explain to me, if God does not hate gay people then what exactly are these "rebellious acts" that he hates so much?

Do not bring murder or rape into this, this is a topic about homosexuality, not morals...

I want to know what rebellious acts do gay people do that God hates so much?

Why not read God's words and get it straight from the horse's mouth?
Any way I explain it to you won't be good enough.

Just explain it...ok. Enlight this poster's curiousity, pls.

Oh I'm sorry, I do believe the Bible was written by MAN and it's MAN's words...

History is only as accurate as the people who document it... Including the Bible.

Oh I'm sorry, I do believe the Bible was written by MAN and it's MAN's words...

History is only as accurate as the people who document it... Including the Bible.

This is something a lot of people are unable to get a grasp on. Not to mention that at least a few authors in the Bible were not direct eyewitnesses as well.

This is something a lot of people are unable to get a grasp on. Not to mention that at least a few authors in the Bible were not direct eyewitnesses as well.

For all we know, The Bible could be the first Cosmopolitan - mostly Chinese Whispers and hearsay...

"My cousin's best friend's mother's sister's friend's son heard this guy was being crucified today and spoke these words..."

(I mean no disrespect to any religious people here...)

Just explain it...ok. Enlight this poster's curiousity, pls.

As you can see by post #1084, what Rolling said in post 1082 was true. His explaination would not have been good enough for the poster. Why waste time.

As you can see by post #1084, what Rolling said in post 1082 was true. His explaination would not have been good enough for the poster. Why waste time.

And why should I read the Bible, which was written by MAN, to "supposably" get the words "straight from the horse's mouth?"

He didn't even try to explain so how would you know if his explaination would be satisfactory to myself and possibly others in this topic?

I don't think anyone explaining themselves is a waste of time.

Oh, I know. But I figured there is someone in this thread that doesn't recognize sarcasm.:P

Oh there more one person not recognise sarcasm! Lol. Sarcasm usually need smack me over head before I notice it. :giggle:

So please explain to me, if God does not hate gay people then what exactly are these "rebellious acts" that he hates so much?

Do not bring murder or rape into this, this is a topic about homosexuality, not morals...

I want to know what rebellious acts do gay people do that God hates so much?

God is love. When I tell Hannah I love her, He is there. When Nancy makes love with Karen, He is there. When I have made love with Stef, He was there. How you can compare lovemaking with murder and rape is beyond me.
Making love with a person is telling them you love them wordlessly and intimatly. Rape, and murder is about harming and hating someone.

And why should I read the Bible, which was written by MAN, to "supposably" get the words "straight from the horse's mouth?"

He didn't even try to explain so how would you know if his explaination would be satisfactory to myself and possibly others in this topic?

R7 already explained in #1082. Try reading this if you are still curious:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Dummies-Jeffrey-C-Geoghegan/dp/0764552961[/ame]

God is love. When I tell Hannah I love her, He is there. When Nancy makes love with Karen, He is there. When I have made love with Stef, He was there. How you can compare lovemaking with murder and rape is beyond me.
Making love with a person is telling them you love them wordlessly and intimatly. Rape, and murder is about harming and hating someone.

Amen

Murder and Rape are about hate and violence, not about Love, even if murder is committed as a "crime of passion" - it's still hate

You just reminded me of a thought I had last night. If the bible is so open to interpretation and it spawns so many different sects from catholics to protestants to presbytarian to baptist to ...the list goes on indefinitely , then how can we say that wasn't the case at the time the texts were translated?

We can't.

Oh there more one person not recognise sarcasm! Lol. Sarcasm usually need smack me over head before I notice it. :giggle:

I sure wouldn't put you in the category of the one I was referring to.:giggle:

That is your choice. :)

And it was Rolling's choice to refer you to the information he had used to make his decision. If you are going to discount his source it is really a waste of his time to explain. Just happily agree to disagree.

Because "God's words" came from man, and have been interpreted many times over. So even the Bible is not "directly from the horse's mouth.

R7 already explained in #1082. Try reading this if you are still curious:

Amazon.com: The Bible for Dummies (9780764552960): Jeffrey C. Geoghegan, Michael M. Homan: Books

FFS no need to insult those who don't spend their time reading the Bible.

Yes I admit, I have never read the Bible and I don't intend to anytime soon. Including a "Bible for Dummies".

If I or anyone else wish for clarification from another poster, then that is our business... Why should we be insulted because we want someone's opinion or their point of view how they interpret texts etc?

One does not choose who's comments and questions are more valid than others.

And you know what they say about the reliability of eye witnesses.:cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back