The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
IS THE BIBLE AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY?

There is no word that means 'homosexual' in Aramaic...

Yes this is a biased source- it is still used in a scholastic way, much like the 'egg council' researching egg nutrition. The work still has to be correct, repeatable.

I'm going to memorize parts of this.
Thanks for posting! :thumb:

You should also memorize Leviticus 20:13

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Hmmm. What if a man has sexual relations with a man as one does to a man?
Also, does that mean lesbian sex is okay?

It is so open to interpretation. The Bible today is not like the original.

it is not they choose be homosexually, they born attracting to other of same gender. they not choice lust same sex person

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

You have to take translations and mistranslations into account. Also if the dead sea scrolls are any example, there may be different versions that are lost to us.

The idea is you love the person but hate the act. You hate murder don't you?
You hate rape don't you? You hate fraud don't you?
How is my making love....LOVE with a woman sinful? It is the most amazing most beatiful act in the world. I am telling someone that I love them. How is love a sin?

The idea is you love the person but hate the act. You hate murder don't you?
You hate rape don't you? You hate fraud don't you?

How is my making love....LOVE with a woman sinful? It is the most amazing most beatiful act in the world. I am telling someone that I love them. How is love a sin?

Why don't both of you just agree to disagree. :) I don't see either of you changing your minds.

Out of respect..............ATD........(agree to disagree)

It has nothing with agreement or disagreement so it is fact about sex orientstion isn't choice. It is caused by born.

If God hates gay people, then God should be abolished.

It has nothing with agreement or disagreement so it is fact about sex orientstion isn't choice. It is caused by born.

Right. One wants to say that it is perfectly okay to deprive people of rights and to exclude them based on their sexual orientation. It is an opinion borne of ignorance. None of us is obligated to agree to ignorance and bigotry. I, for one, will always speak out against it. To agree to let it go is to be just as guilty as the bigot.

Ths is a very interesting question and it was the point of a film I watched last year about a lesbian relationship between two jewish women in Israel.

One of them said to the other that god only condemned men for sleeping together, not women. that's how they justified their love affair.

the bible is very much open to interpretation, i think if anyone wants to know what the original texts said, they need to start studying ancient languages.

If God hates gay people, then God should be abolished.

I don't think God hates gay people. I think one person posting here right now hates gay people, and is just trying to project his homophobia onto God.

Ths is a very interesting question and it was the point of a film I watched last year about a lesbian relationship between two jewish women in Israel.

One of them said to the other that god only condemned men for sleeping together, not women. that's how they justified their love affair.

the bible is very much open to interpretation, i think if anyone wants to know what the original texts said, they need to start studying ancient languages.

I agree, but that requires a lifetime of study and I am getting to be a bit long in the tooth. :giggle:

I agree, but that requires a lifetime of study and I am getting to be a bit long in the tooth. :giggle:

haha...me too. but fortunately there are scholars who do know the ancient languages and have published translations.

I don't think God hates gay people. I think one person posting here right now hates gay people, and is just trying to project his homophobia onto God.

I know but I was being sarcastic, ya know?

I don't have time for it. I'll leave it to the biblical scholars to figure this one out. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back