The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but that requires a lifetime of study and I am getting to be a bit long in the tooth. :giggle:

Keeping your mind active will keep you young. Otherwise you might end up like rolling. LOL

haha...me too. but fortunately there are scholars who do know the ancient languages and have published translations.

And have explained the misinterpretations of so many that use the Bible to support their own brand of hatred and bigotry.

Ths is a very interesting question and it was the point of a film I watched last year about a lesbian relationship between two jewish women in Israel.

One of them said to the other that god only condemned men for sleeping together, not women. that's how they justified their love affair.

the bible is very much open to interpretation, i think if anyone wants to know what the original texts said, they need to start studying ancient languages.

You also have to look at the context of the time the things were said. If I recall, most of the references to homosexuality in the Bible were about temple sex slaves. Not nessarily a healthy loving realtionship between two women or two men.

And have explained the misinterpretations of so many that use the Bible to support their own brand of hatred and bigotry.

You just reminded me of a thought I had last night. If the bible is so open to interpretation and it spawns so many different sects from catholics to protestants to presbytarian to baptist to ...the list goes on indefinitely , then how can we say that wasn't the case at the time the texts were translated?

You just reminded me of a thought I had last night. If the bible is so open to interpretation and it spawns so many different sects from catholics to protestants to presbytarian to baptist to ...the list goes on indefinitely , then how can we say that wasn't the case at the time the texts were translated?

I know and that is why I dont believe in religion.

I know and that is why I dont believe in religion.

Me either. I had an out-of-body experience a few years ago and it was MIND BLOWING. I told a Christian friend of mine about it, and all he asked was "Did you see Jesus?" I told him No, and tried to describe it, but in the end, he was adamant that because I didn't see Jesus, I was merely given a warning to shape up and accept him or else. :lol:
He is still my friend. I have to make allowances, you know?

God does not hate PEOPLE God loves all people. God hates the acts and so should you. You hate murder don't you? You hate rape don't you?

I accept that they happen. It is just a part of the dance of the cosmos.

God does not hate gay people, just the rebellious acts.

So please explain to me, if God does not hate gay people then what exactly are these "rebellious acts" that he hates so much?

Do not bring murder or rape into this, this is a topic about homosexuality, not morals...

I want to know what rebellious acts do gay people do that God hates so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back