The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw: These post go back to deafdyke #983 about god "demonize" love and how is that possible. My responds go to that question.

Shrimp do not have fins or scales, they have an exoskeleton, as do lobsters, crabs, clams, oysters and sea urchins. Octopus and squid have neither. Next ...

rolling, the "higher power" is ONLY relevant for the person who actually believes in that, no one else.

No so. I am not injecting my own beliefs but only stateing a source in reply to a previous post. You are intitled to you beliefs and opinions and you are right that no human can legislate another human. However, the higher power does not legislate, just gives commands. You are free to follow or don't.

Ummm, commands are not usually optional.

Know what? I grew up in a seafood town. Ate shrimp twice or more a week.
Had to peel them but enjoyed doing so. To me those are the scales. Looking close at their face, I could see how they breathed, the gills. Always removed the tails, the fins.

So like I said, I'll leave it to a marine biologist to make the classifications clear. You and I are not qualified, so let someone else handle this.

In the meantime, we can use your own words with a little modification (if you don't mind). "According to the bible, one is not suppose to have sex these ways."

no point in using my own words if you can't even tell if a shrimp has scales or fins and p.s. one doesn't need to be a marine biologist to know this. in fact, a five year old can tell you if a shrimp has scales or not. if you don't know this, then i am no about to launch into a more intellectual debate about interpreting the bible's stance on sexuality.

While you are waiting on Reba, I'll supply you with there action words from the Old Testament: Adultery........Fortification..........Abomination

For each of the three, any human committing such acts become assured of the wrath of God. Unless you are willing to read and study all of the Old Testament you can not be expected to know the difference of God's love and God's authorized way of "making love".

Fortification? So if we eat cereal fortified with vitamins, we are commiting an abomination?:giggle:

What makes you think that homosexual relationships involve adultery? They can even get married in most states. Duh.

:hmm: also bread is fortified....and pasta...lotta sinners going for that bread and pasta!

Sorry for the spelling error, yes it is fornication.

BTW: an member who can find the word "shrimp" in the Old Testament, please list the book name, chapter and verse.

Here is a challenge for you: find the word "homosexual" in the Bible. Or sex, period. Find the words, "sex acts" in the Bible. Opps. Not there.:P

Know what? I grew up in a seafood town. Ate shrimp twice or more a week.Had to peel them but enjoyed doing so. To me those are the scales. Looking close at their face, I could see how they breathed, the gills. Always removed the tails, the fins.

So like I said, I'll leave it to a marine biologist to make the classifications clear. You and I are not qualified, so let someone else handle this.

In the meantime, we can use your own words with a little modification (if you don't mind). "According to the bible, one is not suppose to have sex these ways."

Then you have committed an abomination. Shame on you!

No so. I am not injecting my own beliefs but only stateing a source in reply to a previous post. You are intitled to you beliefs and opinions and you are right that no human can legislate another human. However, the higher power does not legislate, just gives commands. You are free to follow or don't.

Nope. They are your beliefs. Not everyone who reads the Bible believes as you do. In fact, Bible scholars would laugh at you.

I am so getting some bread and pasta to tonight!!!

Oops, GF says we are out of pasta. Shoot... Oh well, bread is better than nothing! :D

Very true. And deafdyke should not be using something she does not believe in.

I am not a Christian no. I do believe that Jesus said a lot of valuble stuff. My beliefs are very Unitarian/ VERY libreal Ba'hai. (it's a belief that ALL religions of the world are right,and all the prophets of the world have value and said good stuff) But if it was universally agreed that Chrisianity and gay realtionships were incompatible, you would not have major religions debating about it. I predict in 10 or fifteen years the general public will find the idea that Chrsitianity in general thought being gay was a sin extremely rediculous. Just like this generation views interracial marrriage or rights for black people (instead of segregation)

Here is a challenge for you: find the word "homosexual" in the Bible. Or sex, period. Find the words, "sex acts" in the Bible. Opps. Not there.:P

Correct jillo. If I recall it was a mistake in misinterpretation.......the term was something like temple sex slaves, which got interpreted as "homosexual."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back