The Origins of Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought of something. God is love right? So when Nancy and I love each other (both gay women, although it's very platonic...but I am part of her " family" so its more then just loving each other as "just" friends but definitly less then lovers...hahahahah she's old enough to actually be my mom! ) God is there. Our feelings are very strong. She is my second mom...and I love her. How is that any different from her loving her girlfriend? Why would God demonize love? GLB people express their love with their intimate partners by MAKING LOVE.

I just thought of something. God is love right? So when Nancy and I love each other (both gay women, although it's very platonic...but I am part of her " family" so its more then just loving each other as "just" friends but definitly less then lovers...hahahahah she's old enough to actually be my mom! ) God is there. Our feelings are very strong. She is my second mom...and I love her. How is that any different from her loving her girlfriend? Why would God demonize love? GLB people express their love with their intimate partners by MAKING LOVE.

I am sure God has no problem with it. It's the religious right that doesn't want any changes in their idea of right/wrong. Anyone acting outside their norms upset their control over society. With a little luck, maybe one day we will get true separation of church and state. Lets leave legislating of morality to the churches, not the legislature.

I am sure God has no problem with it. It's the religious right that doesn't want any changes in their idea of right/wrong. Anyone acting outside their norms upset their control over society. With a little luck, maybe one day we will get true separation of church and state. Lets leave legislating of morality to the churches, not the legislature.

I know. I just want a response from Reba. I doubt our souls have male/female body parts. Why are religions so obessed with what's on the outside? The love I feel for Nancy is quite strong. I remember when Hannah and Nancy came up to our camp, the people in our camp told me they saw we were very close.

While you are waiting on Reba, I'll supply you with there action words from the Old Testament: Adultery........Fortification..........Abomination

For each of the three, any human committing such acts become assured of the wrath of God. Unless you are willing to read and study all of the Old Testament you can not be expected to know the difference of God's love and God's authorized way of "making love".

Any human committing fornication is assured the wrath of God?

While you are waiting on Reba, I'll supply you with there action words from the Old Testament: Adultery........Fortification..........Abomination

For each of the three, any human committing such acts become assured of the wrath of God. Unless you are willing to read and study all of the Old Testament you can not be expected to know the difference of God's love and God's authorized way of "making love".

According to the Old Testment, eating shrimp is an adomination. How is that any different?

Any human committing fornication is assured the wrath of God?

Imagine the wrath of committing fortification. Better lay off the snowball fights a while, folks.

Sorry for the spelling error, yes it is fornication.

BTW: an member who can find the word "shrimp" in the Old Testament, please list the book name, chapter and verse.

Leviticus 11:9-12
King James Version (KJV)
*9These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

*10And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

*11They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

*12Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Sorry for the spelling error, yes it is fornication.

BTW: an member who can find the word "shrimp" in the Old Testament, please list the book name, chapter and verse.

I kind of liked the "fortification" part...thou shall not fortify. :giggle:

Thanks to Sunshine for the above post. Anyone can see that the word "shrimp" is not included. Perhaps it might be said to be implied, I'll leave that to marine biologist.
Nevertheless, the verses show that God does make certain actions an abomination,
including sexual acts.

once again, you are confusing your own beliefs with the general public's.
your beliefs are not mine, therefore you cannot legislate relationships/behaviors or people based on your OWN religious ideas.

Thanks to Sunshine for the above post. Anyone can see that the word "shrimp" is not included. Perhaps it might be said to be implied, I'll leave that to marine biologist.
Nevertheless, the verses show that God does make certain actions an abomination,
including sexual acts.

Perhaps might be said be implied? :roll:

including sexual acts.

I feel certain that the Bible finds your words a freakin' abomination.
Chill, dude, chill.

including sexual acts.

Wow....

This is an incredibly weak argument. I actually cringed.

It's almost as bad as saying "Anyone can see that the word "sex" is not in the KJV, perhaps it might be said to be implied. I'll leave that to the human biologist."

including sexual acts.

What is there to misunderstand? According to the bible, one is not supposed to eat from the sea anything that doesn't have fins or scales.

do shrimps have scales? nope. fins? nope. It's silly that you think that one has to be a marine biologist to figure this out.

once again, you are confusing your own beliefs with the general public's.
your beliefs are not mine, therefore you cannot legislate relationships/behaviors or people based on your OWN religious ideas.

No so. I am not injecting my own beliefs but only stateing a source in reply to a previous post. You are intitled to you beliefs and opinions and you are right that no human can legislate another human. However, the higher power does not legislate, just gives commands. You are free to follow or don't.

What is there to misunderstand? According to the bible, one is not supposed to eat from the sea anything that doesn't have fins or scales.

do shrimps have scales? nope. fins? nope. It's silly that you think that one has to be a marine biologist to figure this out.

Know what? I grew up in a seafood town. Ate shrimp twice or more a week.
Had to peel them but enjoyed doing so. To me those are the scales. Looking close at their face, I could see how they breathed, the gills. Always removed the tails, the fins.

So like I said, I'll leave it to a marine biologist to make the classifications clear. You and I are not qualified, so let someone else handle this.

In the meantime, we can use your own words with a little modification (if you don't mind). "According to the bible, one is not suppose to have sex these ways."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back