The MSM....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alternative?"

Geesh... don't you have alternative newspaper in your area? It's always the very liberal rag.

FOX is NOT alterative. It's news with a touch of tabloids. Same with Huffpo.

CNN is a lot more neutral.

Not newspapers or tabloids..which I is why I said "alternative media" in quotes. It's an alternative news source...fair and balanced.

Alternative Media? Got it. Are you grouping all the other "non-alternative media" news agencies with the Big Three?

It would appear that the term MSM means it is the enemy of the Right Wing. I have never heard it until seeing it here. Perhaps that is because I rarely watch FoxesNews. Must be one of their catch phrases. MSM = Mindlessly Spending our Money? Manipulating Society's Minds? :hmm:

Never heard of it? This "MSM" has been going on for years.

Mindlessly spending money would be all Obama's right now.

Rather it's that Foxnews is seen as the new "Alternative Media," loosely speaking. They were never the MSM but the big three networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) who were the mainstream news network for so many decades of old school journalism that they held power to.

you're quite a piece of work. I'll give you that.

Kokonut, why does you think that Fox News isn't MSM?

The other MSM....

Conservatives have long claimed that the media is biased against them and tries hard to shape stories in ways that help Democrats and hurt Republicans. This has sometimes been dismissed as paranoia - as in my former MSNBC co-blogger Eric Alterman's book, "What Liberal Media?" - but it turns out to be truer than they imagined.

If this were a Hollywood movie, there would have been clandestine meetings in basements or bars or parking garages. But since it was real life, it was just an e-mail list, called "JournoList," set up by the Washington Post's Ezra Klein. It had over 400 members, including reporters at top publications like the Post, the New York Times, Newsweek, Politico, PBS, Time, etc.

Like most email lists, much of the content was profane or sophomoric - like Alterman's reference to Bush supporters as "f***ing Nascar retards," public radio producer Sarah Spitz's expressed desire to stand by laughing as Rush Limbaugh expired from a heart attack, or blogger Spencer Ackerman's fantasies about shoving conservative pundits through plate-glass windows. Such explosions might raise doubts about these figures' objectivity or ability to cover news honestly, but overall they are more embarrassing than incriminating.

But there was worse. Some JournoList members talked about getting the FCC to shut down Fox News, or about denying web traffic to rivals deemed too conservative. And, most troubling, there were concerted efforts to choose a storyline and spread it across the outlets for which they all worked, so as to manipulate the public's perceptions. When John McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate, JournoList participants coordinated their attacks.

Controversy proves collusion among liberal journalists Knoxville News Sentinel

And if people are claiming that I haven't provided an answer when they know better would make them as not being honest here.

I provided the explanation of "MSM" in here by giving out links on the examples of "MSM" being used -

http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/77936-muslims-butt-hurt-drawings-5.html#post1584573

here (note the bolded words)
http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/80105-msm.html#post1623898

made it clear that "MSM" is used in a political context
http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/80081-they-say-theyre-tolerant-people-2.html#post1623924

And if people are claiming that I haven't provided an answer when they know better would make them as not being honest here.

I provided the explanation of "MSM" in here by giving out links on the examples of "MSM" being used -

http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/77936-muslims-butt-hurt-drawings-5.html#post1584573

here (note the bolded words)
http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/80105-msm.html#post1623898

made it clear that "MSM" is used in a political context
http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/80081-they-say-theyre-tolerant-people-2.html#post1623924

YOU have't provided an answer. You have linked to what you think other's answers are. A clear demonstration of lack of understanding the topic on your part.

YOU have't provided an answer. You have linked to what you think other's answers are. A clear demonstration of lack of understanding the topic on your part.

Sounds like someone else I know on this forum who never gives an answer....

Implication is clear, but you are totally incorrect. I never give redundant answers. I do, however, give answers, and I do so in my own words which demonstrates an understanding of the topic. I do not provide incessant Google links are repeats of another's answers. There is but one that does that.

Implication is clear, but you are totally incorrect. I never give redundant answers. I do, however, give answers, and I do so in my own words which demonstrates an understanding of the topic. I do not provide incessant Google links are repeats of another's answers. There is but one that does that.

:)

Yer so tight wound its funny.

:)

Yer so tight wound its funny.

Not tightly wound at all. I'm actually one of the most relaxed people you will ever meet. Perhaps it is the fact that I make fine distinctions that bothers you. Oh, well.

Not tightly wound at all. I'm actually one of the most relaxed people you will ever meet. Perhaps it is the fact that I make fine distinctions that bothers you. Oh, well.

Not what I heard..... :gossip: j/k

Well, I left an answer in one place, in my visitor message area. Instead of repeating it again for those who "conveniently" (not you PFH) keep forgetting.

Well, I left an answer in one place, in my visitor message area. Instead of repeating it again for those who "conveniently" (not your PFH) keep forgetting.

not able to see your VM. and I know why.

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back