The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
deaf card

racist2.gif

I bought my SUV used. It was 2 years old when I bought it and I would love have it last that long like your jeep.

Why was it $1? How did you manage that?

A friend of family was gonna donate it to a blind charity, and I wanted to buy it. I had the cash right there, he said $1 or im giving it away.

His wallet is so thick, what can I say.

My parents have always brought their cars from the junkyard. Seriously. My dad is a mechanic so he knew how to take spare parts from other cars and put it together and make it work.

Hyundai.. FAIL.

in the movie- Fast n Furious in Tokyo Drift. Han told Sean, "Im not going to give you hyundai, youre going get Nissan Skyline".

Hyundai.. many of people dont even like Hyundais and they want hondas or toyotas. Even they buy USED honda or toyota instead buy brand new hyundai

Hyundai.. FAIL.

in the movie- Fast n Furious in Tokyo Drift. Han told Sean, "Im not going to give you hyundai, youre going get Nissan Skyline".

Hyundai.. many of people dont even like Hyundais and they want hondas or toyotas. Even they buy USED honda or toyota instead buy brand new hyundai

shhhh shhhh dont add insult to injury.. but thats deaf style. yer a-ok

Hyundai.. FAIL.

First time in 7 years that it broke down. Not too bad.

My parents have always brought their cars from the junkyard. Seriously. My dad is a mechanic so he knew how to take spare parts from other cars and put it together and make it work.

I wish your dad was closer so he could rebuild my engine.

I wish your dad was closer so he could rebuild my engine.

A good engine is what he look for in a car. If the engine is in bad shape, he isn't going to bother because it is very hard to replace an engine with another engine. you need a special lifting tool because it is so heavy.

So when he goes in a junkyard, he look for good-conditioned heavy parts... the rest can be repaired.

My dad would loved to help you. unfortunately he can't do what he used to be able to do. he is near 65 years old and already have heart and other health condition, just couple weeks ago, he caught a pneumonia and was hospitalized for a week from shoveling snow.

My SUV is a 2003 and no, I am not buying a new vehicle. I want to pay this one off so I can have a few years with no car payments..that is what I am hoping for.

I completely understand that one. I have a 2001 truck (still proud of it!) and I hope to get it paid off and go without a vehicle payment until I finish my degree. If I baby this truck, I can make it last long enough. And believe me, this one is LUXURY compared to the last vehicle I had.:eek3:

A good engine is what he look for in a car. If the engine is in bad shape, he isn't going to bother because it is very hard to replace an engine with another engine. you need a special lifting tool because it is so heavy.

So when he goes in a junkyard, he look for good-conditioned heavy parts... the rest can be repaired.

My dad would loved to help you. unfortunately he can't do what he used to be able to do. he is near 65 years old and already have heart and other health condition, just couple weeks ago, he caught a pneumonia and was hospitalized for a week from shoveling snow.

Oh no! Hope he is ok!

Oh no! Hope he is ok!

btw that "special lifting tool" is called a 'cherry picker', if there is a mechanic in town, they sometimes loan these out to trusted people to move engines. we actually own one, it is sitting in the shed as we speak. haven't had to use it for several years thank goodness. :D

So the engine was blown up, Shel90? You might probably want to find a used engine with low miles and swap it...after you pay it off, get rid of it and get a used Honda or Toyota or whatever.

So the engine was blown up, Shel90? You might probably want to find a used engine with low miles and swap it...after you pay it off, get rid of it and get a used Honda or Toyota or whatever.

No, it wasnt blown up..it was the timing belt, water pump, crankshaft, pulley, ..the water pump was the one that costed major major bucks!

No, it wasnt blown up..it was the timing belt, water pump, crankshaft, pulley, ..the water pump was the one that costed major major bucks!

Ohhhhh, I see. The timing belt that broke didn't damage the engine, right?

Ahh I see...at least it didn't cause major engine damage...whew.

Well..the mechanic warned me that it may last for another 10 years or another 3 months. What happened was major and he tried his best to repair it but not promising me anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back