The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a pretty good show. I try to watch it every week.

BTW...the people featured on the show aren't "crazy". They do, however have serious mental health issues and need our emapthy, not our judgement. I think the show does a great job of making this very clear.

Correct, sorry if I offended. Did you see the one where it was psychiatrist that was also a hoarder? Makes it clear that just because your a mental health expert doesn't mean you are immune to mental health issues, (also in this case sanitary health issues as well). I watch intervention because so often addicts face a tough hurdle in their life and they find that it's easier to escape with drugs than to actually deal with the matter. I think the same also applies to hoarding in a way. Instead of dealing with the issue at hand, they cover it up with the things they accumulate in their homes.

I know I'm a pack rat. Got crap load of stuff I don't need in my shed.

Anyone wants to come and help me clean my shed!!?? :D free stuff included.

I would love to help as long there aren't smelly rat poop in your shed. :eek3:

I know I'm a pack rat. Got crap load of stuff I don't need in my shed.

Anyone wants to come and help me clean my shed!!?? :D free stuff included.

My husband and kids have been cleaning out the garage for the past 9 months. My father-in-law was a pack rat big time. We have a 3 bay garage with storage areas on one side and all across the back. When we got here in June, it was packed to the gills up to the rafters except for a place for our moving truck of belongings.

We have sold 3 boats that were in there, had 5 yard sales and 4 trips to the scrap metal yard, and 35 loads of junk for the garbage. (They come once a week with a big claw to pick up the tree branches and big stuff)

We now have 2 bays totally cleaned out and swept clean. Now I have room to organize my home belongings so I can easily get to them. Daughter will also be working on building a doll house with the help of a neighbor who is a retired special needs teacher. Son is getting a weight bench and new weights and will begin working with those. Those will be in the cleaned out spaces of the garage.

The side storage area now has all of the outside Christmas decorations and the back wall area has the fishing equipment, 7 bicycles, and 15 ladders. Perimeter walls have my furniture so that I can unload the dishes and books. (new roof on garage 3 years ago.)

Wirelessly posted

I miss Bruiser and kitty its only been an hour. I will be back at the condo Monday afternoon :)

Finally talked with my daughter on VP! It was bittersweet. She looks great!

Correct, sorry if I offended. Did you see the one where it was psychiatrist that was also a hoarder? Makes it clear that just because your a mental health expert doesn't mean you are immune to mental health issues, (also in this case sanitary health issues as well). I watch intervention because so often addicts face a tough hurdle in their life and they find that it's easier to escape with drugs than to actually deal with the matter. I think the same also applies to hoarding in a way. Instead of dealing with the issue at hand, they cover it up with the things they accumulate in their homes.

Nah...I wasn't offended. Just taking the opportunity to make a point (not necessarily directed at you!:P)

Yeah, I saw that one. Absolutely. Mental illness knows no boundaries. And just because you can define what is wrong with you doesn't mean you can fix it without help.

Hoarding does parallel addiction quite a bit. It is a way of changing their reality.

Ever watch "Hoarders" on A&E??? :lol: One episode they got 8,000 pounds of trash plus three dead cats out of one woman's house. :shock:. She crazy.....

Dead cats.. eek.. I'm something of a hoarder but nothing like this lady. :eek: I would never let an animal rot like that.

Finally talked with my daughter on VP! It was bittersweet. She looks great!

Well, at least some good news! You must feel "happy"... At least I am happy for you... hope that boosted up your spirit a little bit (if not a lot) :hug:

I had a grandmother that was a hoarder. 4 bedroom house. She slept in one and had three cram packed. She is probably why I am a minimalist....."I haven't sat in that chair in a week....goodwill" "I haven't put a drink on that coaster in a week....trash"

I clothe half of Dallas. Don't wear it for a week.....goodwill. Then Oops I am down to 7 shirts.....shopping. Didn't wear this week....goodwill.........Never ending cycle

MY ex's uncle was a MAJOR hoarder. We took out 5600 POUNDS of newspapers. We found mail from WWII. And he had multiples of the cheesy As Seen On TV stuff.

I had a grandmother that was a hoarder. 4 bedroom house. She slept in one and had three cram packed. She is probably why I am a minimalist....."I haven't sat in that chair in a week....goodwill" "I haven't put a drink on that coaster in a week....trash"

I clothe half of Dallas. Don't wear it for a week.....goodwill. Then Oops I am down to 7 shirts.....shopping. Didn't wear this week....goodwill.........Never ending cycle

I ended up doing the same thing last year.

Well, at least some good news! You must feel "happy"... At least I am happy for you... hope that boosted up your spirit a little bit (if not a lot) :hug:

My mom took her to her sister's house for a family BBQ...It makes me happy that she is spending time with my family, not just his family only. They had a 13th bday celebration for her. I am happy for my mom because one of her sister has all 3 of her grandkids in the same city while all of my mom's grandkids live in different states. It is nice for my mom to have her granddaughter to spend time with.

My mom took her to her sister's house for a family BBQ...It makes me happy that she is spending time with my family, not just his family only. They had a 13th bday celebration for her. I am happy for my mom because one of her sister has all 3 of her grandkids in the same city while all of my mom's grandkids live in different states. It is nice for my mom to have her granddaughter to spend time with.

I am smiling already to see that she is spending her time with your own blooded family. Its very important for her to remember you more. ;) your girl is very beautiful! I recall that you are trying to find a good deal to buy a ticket to fly in AZ. Any luck with it?
thank you for sharing the photo!

I am physically here but not mentally:giggle:

Shel: She looks happy in the picture and she got to see her grandmother. Staying in touch is very important, even if it's just at a certain minimum. As long as you keep in touch with her I'm sure she will be more than pleased!!!!!

Yeah... how's the AZ ticket going????? Hope you can make it!!!!

:ty: for sharing that pic with us!!!!!! :D

:hug: JL

spring cleaning?

Sad...it is disease and person need help! Poor family suffer with junks!

Ever watch "Hoarders" on A&E??? :lol: One episode they got 8,000 pounds of trash plus three dead cats out of one woman's house. :shock:. She crazy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back