The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girl, I stuffed myself silly. I made three trips to the buffet and loaded my plate down with food!

Thought my kids would have to roll me out! :lol:

I am going to a BBQ resturant for tomorrow taking my dad out to dinner. I am sure , that will happen to me as well:lol:

Sigh, I am finally alone in my apartment (a firstie) and wow.. it's definitely an odd feeling, I'm actually on my own? This birdie finally escaped from her cage :)

My goodness, I've been here for a half hour and I'm already restless :P

Random tidbit: I have sneezed four times during the creation of this post O_O

Girl, I stuffed myself silly. I made three trips to the buffet and loaded my plate down with food!

Thought my kids would have to roll me out! :lol:

Did that button fly off far away? :lol:

Am excited to spend mini vacation up north starting tomorrow! Ahh, beaches, sunshine, heat, relaxation and scratchies!

I would be a complete nervous wreck if my house became messy like that! I dont know how people can live like that. Ugh!

Ever watch "Hoarders" on A&E??? :lol: One episode they got 8,000 pounds of trash plus three dead cats out of one woman's house. :shock:. She crazy.....

Ever watch "Hoarders" on A&E??? :lol: One episode they got 8,000 pounds of trash plus three dead cats out of one woman's house. :shock:. She crazy.....

I saw the commercials for that show. When is it on?

It's actually a pretty good show. I try to watch it every week.

BTW...the people featured on the show aren't "crazy". They do, however have serious mental health issues and need our emapthy, not our judgement. I think the show does a great job of making this very clear.

I know people who broke down crying watching that show because they used to live like that before they got help and counseling.

I understand that mental illness can lead to people to live in messy conditions but to let their conditions become so dangerous is what I dont understand. Feces, dead animals, rotting food, broken things, and etc lying around is something I cant see how one goes to that point.

It starts out small and becomes overwhelming. Then they are frightened of asking for help for fear that people will judge them.

I know people who broke down crying watching that show because they used to live like that before they got help and counseling.

Absolutely. This is a condition that is really more common than you would think. People simply don't know about it because hoarders tend not to let others come into their homes.

It starts out small and becomes overwhelming. Then they are frightened of asking for help for fear that people will judge them.

If it starts out small, are they able to recognize when the mess gets bigger and bigger?

If it starts out small, are they able to recognize when the mess gets bigger and bigger?

My best friend was one of those in 2008 or so.

He broke up with his ex-girlfriend in July. His ex-girlfriend kept acting playing mindgames; he got depressed. He had a year worth of McDonald's, beer bottles, whiskey and so on when I visited his house in March. It was disgusting, and I slept there overnight too since I was too drunk to care.

What he did? Basically stayed in bed all day, only to go out to pick up beer and McDonald's. He used his student loans to pay for rent, food and alcohol. Never attended a single class except major thesis papers and exams.

It was true... apathy. By the time he snapped of it, he panicked. At least he had the commonsense to call his old roommate to help him clean it up.

No. That is part of the disorder. Until it reaches dangerous proportions, they really don't see that things are getting out of control. Or, if they do see it, they simply don't know what to do to correct it. People who hoard have a very real psychological reason for doing so, and they believe that they have to keep these things in their home. It isn't so much about the filth as it is about having far too many possessions. It is impossible to clean a room that is stacked floor to ceiling with things.

My best friend was one of those in 2008 or so.

He broke up with his ex-girlfriend in July. His ex-girlfriend kept acting playing mindgames; he got depressed. He had a year worth of McDonald's, beer bottles, whiskey and so on when I visited his house in March. It was disgusting, and I slept there overnight too since I was too drunk to care.

What he did? Basically stayed in bed all day, only to go out to pick up beer and McDonald's. He used his student loans to pay for rent, food and alcohol. Never attended a single class except major thesis papers and exams.

It was true... apathy.

Absolutlely. Immobilizing depression is often at the root of a problem like that.

I know I'm a pack rat. Got crap load of stuff I don't need in my shed.

Anyone wants to come and help me clean my shed!!?? :D free stuff included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back