The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is awesome news since i plan to move to arizona next year. i'm debating on relocating to tempe, tucson or phoenix (since one of my sisters plans to move to mesa). :D

Ahhh cool, good luck on your moving plans. :)

I just think 2009 will be just another year, but new happenings will happen anyhow. :)

Oh and Phoenix light rail opens today. :)

LightRailExteriorLg.jpg

Finally! When I lived there, the voters always turned the proposal for a rail down...it is about time!

this is awesome news since i plan to move to arizona next year. i'm debating on relocating to tempe, tucson or phoenix (since one of my sisters plans to move to mesa). :D

Will u be going to school in Phx? If so, where?

yes. if i do move to phoenix, i'll resume my studies at the U of A.

how far are you in your studies? Forgive me but I forget - are you in undergraduate program?

Finally! When I lived there, the voters always turned the proposal for a rail down...it is about time!

reminds me of the people in milwaukee. the mayor of that city has been trying to get light rail there for years, but the proposal keeps being overturned.

how far are you in your studies? Forgive me but I forget - are you in undergraduate program?

yes, i am. i'm currently working towards my bachelor's in social work and only have 2 more classes to take before graduation. problem is, i'm so fed up with school right now (especially after a long and trying semester taking statistics) that i'm ready to drop out, move to arizona and transfer my credits. right now i'm not sure what i want to do -- graduate in may or move to arizona next summer. one thing i do know is that i will be moving to arizona next year...it's just a matter of when.

i'd also like to complete my master's in social work with a minor in psychology. from there, i'd like to earn my P.h.D. in psychiatry, but as of yet, i don't know where i will be going to school. if i move to phoenix and like the U of A's program in either of those fields, i will continue my education there.

yes i am. i'm currently working towards my bachelor's in social work and only have 2 more classes to take before graduation. problem is, i'm so fed up with school right now (especially after a long and trying semester taking statistics) that i'm ready to drop out, move to arizona and transfer my credits. right now i'm not sure what i want to do -- graduate in may or move to arizona later next year. one thing i do know is that i will be moving to arizona next year...it's just a matter of when.

ah you're graduating in May? then you better finish it. Because most schools usually accept only courses for "General Education" requirements but as for major degree - you'll have to start over. This is up to University department deans to decide on transfer credits but chance is - you'll have to start over.

and plus - if I recall correctly.... your tuition is paid for by your state and you will not get that same benefit in Arizona since you have to be its resident for at least a year (assuming it's same policy as in NJ and NY).

i'd also like to complete my master's in social work with a minor in psychology. from there, i'd like to earn my P.h.D. in psychiatry, but as of yet, i don't know where i will be going to school. if i move to phoenix and like the U of A's program in either of those fields, i will continue my education there.

ah ok. it's best if you finish your undergraduate degree from where you are. it'll make your situation a LOT easier to deal with if you want to think about grad school. c'mon Hear Again!!! only few more months to go!!! :laugh2:

ah ok. it's best if you finish your undergraduate degree from where you are. it'll make your situation a LOT easier to deal with if you want to think about grad school. c'mon Hear Again!!! only few more months to go!!! :laugh2:

i know, but i'm *so* tired! <whine>

maybe christmas break will give me the extra energy i need to hang in there. we'll see...

by the way, thanks for the encouragement! :)

i know, but i'm *so* tired! <whine>

maybe christmas break will give me the extra energy i need to hang in there. we'll see...

by the way, thanks for the encouragement! :)

:grouphug: is it because of this statistic courses that are killing you?

:grouphug: is it because of this statistic courses that are killing you?

thanks for the hug! *hugs back*

YES! i managed to pull off an "a-" in stats this semester, but don't ask me how i did it because i have no idea. :lol:

fortunately, that's the only stats course i need to take for my undergraduate degree.

i'll have to take 2 more additional stats courses for my master's (and more for my Ph.D.), but will worry about that when the time comes.

YES! i managed to pull off an "a-," but don't ask me how i did it because i have no idea. :lol:

:laugh2: and next semester - you still have to do more statistic courses?

:laugh2: and next semester - you still have to do more statistic courses?

nope. the stats courses can be postponed until i start my master's degree. i only have 2 more courses to take (a social work class that i take in addition to my final semester of field placement and a diversity class). then i'm *done*! :dance2:

it's raining like cats and dogs outside today and the 12" of snow we had on the ground is almost gone! yay! temperatures are also in the 40s which makes me very happy! :D

it's raining like cats and dogs outside today and the 12" of snow we had on the ground is almost gone! yay! :D

We have 1/2 inch of ice. We went very slowly to the mall. Lucky only about a block away from our house.

I bought 3 calendars at half price. Words, humor, and ferrets.:)

Going back to the mall tonight for dinner. (husband on vacation) Yay!

it's raining like cats and dogs outside today and the 12" of snow we had on the ground is almost gone! yay! temperatures are also in the 40s which makes me very happy! :D

ah nice! yea just get your undergraduate degree and nothing else!

We have 1/2 inch of ice. We went very slowly to the mall. Lucky only about a block away from our house.

I bought 3 calendars at half price. Words, humor, and ferrets.:)

Going back to the mall tonight for dinner. (husband on vacation) Yay!

ferrets?? PIX PIX PIX! :mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back