The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know :mad2: they should have captioned announcements!! After this kind airline agent booked me on the next flight... I told her that I'm deaf and I asked her to let me know if we need to get on the flight... and she did when it was time to get on the flight.

altanta have those but they keep changing place where i was suppose to be

yes they're covering it..... but only $70 :mad2: I paid $300 out of my pocket for 30 little pills! :mad2: Since this works so well.... I have follow-up appointment in January so I will ask him to give me a few months worth so I can order it from Canada. For $300 - I can get 3-months worth in Canada. :mad2:

damn $2,000 deductible....

i know what you mean about deductibles. :mad2:

yes, meds in canada are considerably less expensive than they are here in the u.s.

i also know what you mean about having to pay $300 for 30 pills. a 30 day supply of risperidone (risperdal generic) costs $513.99 (which i really *need* more than any of my other meds to prevent auditory hallucinations, delusions and paranoia) while 9 imitrex tablets cost $275.99. :eek3:

by the way, have you considered taking the generic form of provigil called modafinil? that might help save you even more money and most generics work just as well (if not better) than the brand name med.

jiro,

perhaps the next time you fly, you could request a pre-boarding pass because of your deafness. that's what i always request because of my deafblindness and knock on wood, i've never had a flight attendant forget about me or seat me while others were boarding the flight.

I also have to rely on reading lips and all. no interpreter O.O

Sorry to hear that it must be hard for you but I thought at the airport agents are supposed to help and show you where the flight gates are, etc. I always ask them when I arrive to the different airport, (in Atlanta, GA, for example, it's worse one, which I never forget... it's a long story..), and they said they are glad to show me where. Sometimes, they put me in a wheelchair and wheel me to the gate. :giggle:

The limo driver picked and dropped me off at the airport (from my home..) and meet my brother and his girlfriend, without any problem because we contacted each other via Blackberry pagers. (My brother paid the limo for me..)

Looking forward to meeting you soon!!! :D

altanta have those but they keep changing place where i was suppose to be

I know. They did same for my Miami trip. Fortunately... I was with my hearing friends but if I wasn't - shit's gonna hit fan :mad2:

i know what you mean about deductibles. :mad2:

yes, meds in canada are considerably less expensive than they are here in the u.s.

i also know what you mean about having to pay $300 for 30 pills. a 30 day supply of risperidone (risperdal generic) costs $513.99 (which i really *need* more than any of my other meds to prevent auditory hallucinations, delusions and paranoia) while 9 imitrex tablets cost $275.99. :eek3:

by the way, have you considered taking the generic form of provigil called modafinil? that might help save you even more money and most generics work just as well (if not better) than the brand name med.

:-o @ your med costs. and yes I was going to get generic. I've gotten generic form of wellbutrin in college.... unfortunately it doesn't work jack shit. Provigil is better.

jiro,

perhaps the next time you fly, you could request a pre-boarding pass because of your deafness. that's what i always request because of my deafblindness and knock on wood, i've never had a flight attendant forget about me or seat me while others were boarding the flight.

ooo ok! i'll do that next time. having a disability is a bliss most of time... especially having a disability discount for public transportation :cool2:

:-o @ your med costs. and yes I was going to get generic. I've gotten generic form of wellbutrin in college.... unfortunately it doesn't work jack shit. Provigil is better.

if the brand name works better for you, i'd definitely stick with it. i used to take risperdal until my insurance no longer covered the cost.

fortunately, the risperidone works just as well as the risperdal for me. i've also been told by my therapist and new psychiatrist that fluoxetine is just as good as prozac. the last generic drug i take is fexofenadine (allegra generic) and that works effectively for me too.

the brand name meds i take are imitrex, topamax, depakote and trazodone.
none of them come in generic form as far as i know.

oh, that's good. :) i was afraid you didn't have anything with you. :(

i was caught without any cough drops the time i traveled to michigan to train with tigger, my second guide dog. (i had laryngitis and a very bad cold.) i had a sore throat during the flight to michigan, but didn't lose my voice or have problems with sneezing, congestion or coughing until the following day. it took me almost a month for my voice to come back, too. :(

I got everything covered. Thanks for your concerns. :D

Sorry to hear that, it's no fun having no voice for almost in a month, that must be insane for you...:hug: but next time, when you feel a sore throat coming.. and buy some Halls cough drops immediately.

ooo ok! i'll do that next time. having a disability is a bliss most of time... especially having a disability discount for public transportation :cool2:

yes, it is nice. bus fare here is $1.25 and i can ride free with a card that identifies me as a disabled person who takes subsidized transportation. that, or i pay half fare with a state i.d. since i'm still a university student, i ride public transportation for free since students at my school are allowed to ride the bus without charge. :cool2:

if the brand name works better for you, i'd definitely stick with it. i used to take risperdal until my insurance no longer covered the cost.

fortunately, the risperidone works just as well as the risperdal for me. i've also been told by my therapist and new psychiatrist that fluoxetine is just as good as prozac. the last generic drug i take is fexofenadine (allegra generic) and that works effectively for me too.

the brand name meds i take are imitrex, topamax, depakote and trazodone.
none of them come in generic form as far as i know.

:hmm: I surely hope generic will work exactly same!

yes, it is nice. bus fare here is $1.25 and i can ride free with a card that identifies me as a disabled person who takes subsidized transportation. that, or i pay half fare with a state i.d. since i'm still a university student, i ride public transporation for free since students at my school are allowed to ride the bus without charge. :cool2:

i believe that's my sunglasses :cool2:

I got everything covered. Thanks for your concerns. :D

Sorry to hear that, it's no fun having no voice for almost in a month, that must be insane for you...:hug: but next time, when you feel a sore throat coming.. and buy some Halls cough drops immediately.

thanks for the hug. *hugs back*

after that experience, i always keep halls cough drops on hand for whenever i need them.

:hmm: I surely hope generic will work exactly same!

i do too! from what my therapist and psychiatrist told me, many people have had good results with fluoxetine (especially in combination with depakote), so we'll see. only 3-4 weeks before i'm able to tell how well the med is working...

I am sweating again... :(
Also, I am starving! I smell someone is cooking. It smells good... Yummy! I think I better sign this off for now and go eat my lunch. I promise you that I will reply you ald'ers after taking a nap after eating my lunch. I am SO tired.

I just wake up recently from nap and can't believer soon gonna be 2009 i m sure will much change in life than 2008 who know :hmm:

I just think 2009 will be just another year, but new happenings will happen anyhow. :)

Oh and Phoenix light rail opens today. :)

LightRailExteriorLg.jpg

Oh and Phoenix light rail opens today. :)

this is awesome news since i plan to move to arizona next year. i'm debating on relocating to tempe, tucson or phoenix (since one of my sisters plans to move to mesa). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back