The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
hell yea! "honey.... did you hear about upcoming show? i've never been to one..." and if he didn't get the cue... :mad2:

if i said that to him, i bet he would. all i need to do is ask. he knows how fascinated i am by auto shows.

in fact, i think i'll talk to him today about this...

oooo very nice! I just forwarded it to my brother. He was saying that London is VERY VERY ghetto and there are certain areas you have to avoid. Hopefully the hearing aids center listed in the link isn't in those area.

yes, i've heard that about london myself. perhaps he can talk to some of the locals to find out which hearing aid centers are located in safer parts of the city.

if i said that to him, i bet he would. all i need to do is ask. he knows how fascinated i am by auto shows.

in fact, i think i'll talk to him today about this...

excellent! There are 2 upcoming shows. Detroit (jan. 11-25) and NYC (april 10-19). I'd suggest you to come up to NYC since it's got everything - buildings, statue of liberty, etc. If you guys are going to Detroit, I may consider meeting up with you guys there. It's just a 10 hours drive.... not a big deal.

I'm a long-distance driver. plus... with provigil - i'm an ultra-long distance driver :laugh2:

yes, i've heard that about london myself. perhaps he can talk to some of the locals to find out which hearing aid centers are located in safer parts of the city.

yep that's what i told him just now.

excellent! There are 2 upcoming shows. Detroit (jan. 11-25) and NYC (april 10-19). I'd suggest you to come up to NYC since it's got everything - buildings, statue of liberty, etc. If you guys are going to Detroit, I may consider meeting up with you guys there. It's just a 10 hours drive.... not a big deal.

I'm a long-distance driver. plus... with provigil - i'm an ultra-long distance driver :laugh2:

ahh, provigil. what an amazing drug! :laugh2:

that would be awesome if we could meet up! i'll be sure to let you know what he says after i talk to him today. it would be *great* if we could go to nyc and detroit!! :D detroit wouldn't be a problem since it's only a 40 minute flight from where we live.

sosie,

sorry to hear about your cold. :( i had an upper respiratory infection a few weeks ago, so been there, done that. feel better soon!

My fever just broke and sweating, which happened last night and again this am, but I am getting thru this. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your upper respiratory tract infection. I know that it's no fun being sick. No one wants to get sick. Me, too... I don't get sick, either. Oh, well... Just happen... When you bend over the pot and drape a hand towel over your head to capture the steam.. it works for me.... :D

ahh, provigil. what an amazing drug! :laugh2:
indeed indeed... i wish I was on it long time ago.

1. long time ago in my teenage year (maybe 18? 19 years old?) I sideswiped someone's car at opposite direction (a weird coincidence that it happened to be my classmate) at slow speed because I fall asleep behind the wheel for just a couple seconds.
2. During my college years - I slept very irregularly thus putting a huge hamper on my hard effort to have some productive studying.
3. I started using provigil since last week and the result has been extraordinary positive. I no longer start falling sleepy during daytime and I was actually very productive at work or whatever I'm doing in daytime!
4. i'm actually sleeping at night instead of daytime and I'm actually sleeping like a normal person! :-o
5. I don't know if you guys recall the posts about me sleeping under my work desk like George Costanza. I no longer do that anymore

it's a truly miracle drug for me :cool2:

that would be awesome if we could meet up! i'll be sure to let you know what he says after i talk to him today. it would be *great* if we could go to nyc and detroit!! :D detroit wouldn't be a problem since it's only a 40 minute flight from where we live.

My fever just broke and sweating, which happened last night and again this am, but I am getting thru this. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your upper respiratory tract infection. I know that it's no fun being sick. No one wants to get sick. Me, too... I don't get sick, either. Oh, well... Just happen... When you bend over the pot and drape a hand towel over your head to capture the steam.. it works for me.... :D

some people are not comfortable doing that or it's dangerous for kids. alternative way is to close your bathroom door and turn on hot shower. I did that when i was little. it works good as well.

Maybe we can go to the one in NYC....Jiro, as the time nears, why don't u make a thread about it and see if many ADers r willing to meet up there?

Maybe we can go to the one in NYC....Jiro, as the time nears, why don't u make a thread about it and see if many ADers r willing to meet up there?

:idea: good idea!

indeed indeed... i wish I was on it long time ago.

1. long time ago in my teenage year (maybe 18? 19 years old?) I sideswiped someone's car at opposite direction (a weird coincidence that it happened to be my classmate) at slow speed because I fall asleep behind the wheel for just a couple seconds.
2. During my college years - I slept very irregularly thus putting a huge hamper on my hard effort to have some productive studying.
3. I started using provigil since last week and the result has been extraordinary positive. I no longer start falling sleepy during daytime and I was actually very productive at work or whatever I'm doing in daytime!
4. i'm actually sleeping at night instead of daytime and I'm actually sleeping like a normal person! :-o
5. I don't know if you guys recall the posts about me sleeping under my work desk like George Costanza. I no longer do that anymore

it's a truly miracle drug for me :cool2:

that's great! i'm really happy for you! i feel the same way about my bipolar meds. i just started on fluoxetine (prozac generic) to help with my depression, but i won't start to feel any effects from that for another 3-4 weeks.

however, from what my therapist and new psychiatrist tell me, the combination of meds that i'm on is supposed to be very effective in helping to address depression and rapid cycling (where i have mood swings on an hourly basis).

if you don't mind my asking, was the provigil prescribed by your doctor or a psychiatrist? i know it's a stimulant, so i assume a psychiatrist?

I was there last weekend, i wasnt happy, i had to stay overnight at airport

oh, wow! that would be awesome if i could meet up with you, jiro and other ad'ers! :D

some people are not comfortable doing that or it's dangerous for kids. alternative way is to close your bathroom door and turn on hot shower. I did that when i was little. it works good as well.

I agree with you that it's not good for small kids, for adults only. I have no problem with that since I was in H.S.
Yes, you can take a hot shower but unfortunately, I am here in Costa Rica, not enough hot water. My brother said he will fix the water heater when he gets back from work.

that's great! i'm really happy for you! i feel the same way about my bipolar meds. i just started on fluoxetine (prozac generic) to help with my depression, but i won't start to feel any effects from that for another 3-4 weeks.

however, from what my therapist and new psychiatrist tell me, the combination of meds that i'm on is supposed to be very effective in helping to address depression and rapid cycling (where i have mood swings on an hourly basis).

if you don't mind my asking, was the provigil prescribed by your doctor or a psychiatrist? i know it's a stimulant, so i assume a psychiatrist?

ironically.... advertisement. you know - the whole "ask your doctor about it" thing. I went to family doctor aka legalized drug dealer and asked for it. he just simply prescribed it to me but... i found out that my medical insurance will not cover it because they want the documentation from professional (such as neurologist, psychiatrist, etc.) saying that I need it in order to cover it... so I had to make another appointment for neurologist. I asked him for it as well and told him that the medical insurance needs documentation. He was just nodding - "ok.. i see... i see..." and did some simple tests (touching my nose, follow the light, performed some funny-bone reflex, etc.) and then wrote me a prescription.

gotta love those legalized drug dealer, huh?

I agree with you that it's not good for small kids, for adults only. I have no problem with that since I was in H.S.
Yes, you can take a hot shower but unfortunately, I am here in Costa Rica, not enough hot water. My brother said he will fix the water heater when he gets back from work.

is there a way you can get to a drugstore and buy some halls cough drops or something similar? i know whenever i've had a really bad cold and was very congested, halls worked great in helping me breathe a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back