The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that it's not good for small kids, for adults only. I have no problem with that since I was in H.S.
Yes, you can take a hot shower but unfortunately, I am here in Costa Rica, not enough hot water. My brother said he will fix the water heater when he gets back from work.

:hmm: what about some local spa?

oh, wow! that would be awesome if i could meet up with you, jiro and other ad'ers! :D

i will be creating a thread about it in a moment..... after I eat my brunch. i get grumpy when i'm hungry :laugh2:

ouch..... what happened?

Atlanta flight was delayed and i missed flight from JFK to Bangor Maine. I wasnt very happy. i have to get ticket for Flight to Boston and buy another ticket for Bus to Bangor.

is there a way you can get to a drugstore and buy some halls cough drops or something similar? i know whenever i've had a really bad cold and was very congested, halls worked great in helping me breathe a little better.

I already bought some when I arrived to the airport in Boston because I knew that I have had a sore throat. I said myself no, no.... So, I bought some. Two bags of Halls cough drops (sugar free). It helps. :D

All that things happen on Sunday and Monday, i wasnt in happy mood.

Maybe we can go to the one in NYC....Jiro, as the time nears, why don't u make a thread about it and see if many ADers r willing to meet up there?

Count me in??? I can meet you all in NYC. Let me know. Thanks. :D

ironically.... advertisement. you know - the whole "ask your doctor about it" thing. I went to family doctor aka legalized drug dealer and asked for it. he just simply prescribed it to me but... i found out that my medical insurance will not cover it because they want the documentation from professional (such as neurologist, psychiatrist, etc.) saying that I need it in order to cover it... so I had to make another appointment for neurologist. I asked him for it as well and told him that the medical insurance needs documentation. He was just nodding - "ok.. i see... i see..." and did some simple tests (touching my nose, follow the light, performed some funny-bone reflex, etc.) and then wrote me a prescription.

gotta love those legalized drug dealer, huh?

:laugh2: i know!

so i assume that your medical insurance is paying for it now that your neurologist wrote up documentation and prescribed it? i hope so. as you know, meds are very expensive.

i'm *so* glad to have medical insurance covering all of mine. i'm on 7 different meds (4 for my bipolar, 2 for migraines and 1 for year round allergies) and the total cost exceeds $1,000/month. :shock:

Atlanta flight was delayed and i missed flight from JFK to Bangor Maine. I wasnt very happy. i have to get ticket for Flight to Boston and buy another ticket for Bus to Bangor.

omfgwtf!? such unnecessary complication..... :mad2:

All that things happen on Sunday and Monday, i wasnt in happy mood.

ooooooohhhhhh..... no wonder..... that was a very bad timing.... the major snowstorm in this area

I already bought some when I arrived to the airport in Boston because I knew that I have had a sore throat. I said myself no, no.... So, I bought some. Two bags of Halls cough drops (sugar free). It helps. :D

oh, that's good. :) i was afraid you didn't have anything with you. :(

i was caught without any cough drops the time i traveled to michigan to train with tigger, my second guide dog. (i had laryngitis and a very bad cold.) i had a sore throat during the flight to michigan, but didn't lose my voice or have problems with sneezing, congestion or coughing until the following day. it took me almost a month for my voice to come back, too. :(

ooooooohhhhhh..... no wonder..... that was a very bad timing.... the major snowstorm in this area

not my fault! that was only time i can fly lol... :giggle: although i had experience it for first time, i met couple deaf people at airport to keep me amused!

:laugh2: i know!

so i assume that your medical insurance is paying for it now that your neurologist wrote up documentation and prescribed it? i hope so. as you know, meds are very expensive.

i'm *so* glad to have medical insurance covering all of mine. i'm on 7 different meds (4 for my bipolar, 2 for migraines and 1 for year round allergies) and the total cost exceeds $1,000/month. :shock:

yes they're covering it..... but only $70 :mad2: I paid $300 out of my pocket for 30 little pills! :mad2: Since this works so well.... I have follow-up appointment in January so I will ask him to give me a few months worth so I can order it from Canada. For $300 - I can get 3-months worth in Canada. :mad2:

damn $2,000 deductible....

I also have to rely on reading lips and all. no interpreter O.O

I know the feeling. It was so much hassle and confusion when I got stranded at airport in... North Carolina? or Georgia? It was a stop-over from Virginia. I missed the flight cuz I fell asleep while waiting for next flight :mad2:

I also have to rely on reading lips and all. no interpreter O.O

oh, that must have been so hard for you, crzymeg. i was in the same exact predicament when i traveled to tucson in 2001. i flew from milwaukee to houston, but missed my flight (due to ice needing to be scraped off the plane in milwaukee) and was delayed 8 hours as a result.

fortunately, the houston airport gave my boyfriend at the time and i food tickets so we wouldn't starve, but trying to communicate with the airport staff was impossible because some of them didn't want to use print on palm (tracing block letters into the palm of the hand). my boyfriend at the time could have communicated with them, but since i wanted to also know what was going on, it was impossible for me to communicate with those who didn't want to use POP.

I know the feeling. It was so much hassle and confusion when I got stranded at airport in... North Carolina? or Georgia? It was a stop-over from Virginia. I missed the flight cuz I fell asleep while waiting for next flight :mad2:

it not fair for all of us, is it? no.. i wish they just let us know! lol

oh, that must have been so hard for you, crzymeg. i was in the same exact predicament when i traveled to tucson in 2001. i flew from milwaukee to houston, but missed my flight (due to ice needing to be scraped off the plane in milwaukee) and was delayed 8 hours as a result.

fortunately, the houston airport gave my boyfriend at the time and i food tickets so we wouldn't starve, but trying to communicate with the airport staff was impossible because some of them didn't want to use print on palm (tracing block letters into the palm of the hand). my boyfriend at the time could have communicated with them, but since i wanted to also know what was going on, it was impossible for me to communicate with those who didn't want to use POP.

It is sucks, :( they need to learn!

it not fair for all of us, is it? no.. i wish they just let us know! lol

i know :mad2: they should have captioned announcements!! After this kind airline agent booked me on the next flight... I told her that I'm deaf and I asked her to let me know if we need to get on the flight... and she did when it was time to get on the flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back