THAT makes a sound!??!?

The shower running... I can only hear it when I have my hearing aids on and when I don't its like Bye Bye sound..

I wonder how many people are going to read this and then pick their nose to see if it makes noise. LOL

Or even better, admit to doing so in order to report their findings ...

I think I'll keep mum. :whistle:

I didn't know the TV can make a strange buzzing noise right before it goes kaput. I learned that from my brother the other day.

I thought it was funny that the microwave in the vacation cabin we rented didn't beep when the cook time was done. I could hear the fan run while it was cooking if I was nearby...

My husband assured me it did beep. Never heard it.

Today found out that turning mug on table make noise. My terp told me please stop. I turn one more time tease my terp. Her face! :lol: I turn 1st time cos want see other side picture on mug.

Apparently, your eyelashes make a sound when you blink. I'm not sure what. They would have to be really close to your face to hear it. When I found out, I'd annoy my boyfriend by placing my face in his face and blinking a lot when he takes a nap.

Apparently, your eyelashes make a sound when you blink. I'm not sure what. They would have to be really close to your face to hear it. When I found out, I'd annoy my boyfriend by placing my face in his face and blinking a lot when he takes a nap.

Your boyfriend must have Superman super hearing! :shock: I cannot hear eyelashes or blinks. I can feel someone else's eyelashes on my face, sometimes I can sense someone really close to me when I sleep (feel their breath on me or their body heat) but I have never heard any sound from eyelashes or blinks.

He says its like a very quiet creaking sound. I do wonder though if wearing mascara might have something to do with it, all that gunk on the lashes scraping together.

yeah, it's called white noise and it's pretty darn annoying.

I think he meant like right before the TV set stops working for good. I can remember once in my life when I was watching TV and all of a sudden the TV just went off to a blank screen as if it were turned off. It wasn't a power outtage and I tried turning the TV back on to no avail. The TV set had lived its life. It was well over 10 years old by this point. My brother told me that usually in the couple of weeks before that happens the TV will begin to make a strange buzzing sound and sometimes it will 'pop'. I didn't know this before now.

When I think of 'white noise' I think of what the TV looks like when the cable or satellite goes out and there's nothing but fuzz on the screen and my parents immediately hit the mute button. :lol:

When I think of 'white noise' I think of what the TV looks like when the cable or satellite goes out and there's nothing but fuzz on the screen and my parents immediately hit the mute button. :lol:

That's what I always thought was white noise. As my hearing gets worse, I have a bit of tinnitus that sounds like quiet white noise. So my ears play tricks on my quite a bit. "Was that the doorbell? Did someone just knock at the door? Is my cell phone ringing?"

My ears are clever tricksters, yes they are!

Sometimes I think what some of the hearies are posting here are pure nonsense. I wonder if this isn't just some fun "jab" at the deafies. I've asked my SO about some of these. He has super-hearing, and even he says, "no way!!!" no to the spiders, eyelashes, etc. sorry.

Sometimes I think what some of the hearies are posting here are pure nonsense. I wonder if this isn't just some fun "jab" at the deafies. I've asked my SO about some of these. He has super-hearing, and even he says, "no way!!!" no to the spiders, eyelashes, etc. sorry.

Hopefully he said no way to the nose picking. But is the TV buzzing and popping legit?

Eyelashes I've never heard. I think about spiders it depends on what they're doing. I've heard them drop on a wooden table or something, and sometimes scurry if they're running on the right material, but not usually.

Hopefully he said no way to the nose picking. But is the TV buzzing and popping legit?

TV buzzing and popping can, in fact, be heard. Buzzing I think is usually when a TV is dying, but my TV pops every time you turn it off.

Just for info, I've never heard anyone picking their nose......that's some nasty stuff if it can be heard.

No jab here. The eyelash thing is true! I think you need to have as much mascara as I usually wear to produce the sound, lol. That's the best thing I can think of. (And I'm not a hearie.)

Back