THAT makes a sound!??!?

I don't think so. You can make noise, but smacking is usually when it's open......Maybe they're just one of those people that really hate the sound of someone eating...

Yes, she slept with her wind-up clock under the bed because she can't stand the ticking....ticking....ticking...

Wirelessly posted

Did you know that in some stores when they sprinkle water in the produce section, there are speakers making a thunder sound? Weirdest thing ever! Never heard it until the day I got my HAs and we went to the store. I had no clue what the sound was at first. It scared me so bad that I looked like a deer in the headlight!

Yes, she slept with her wind-up clock under the bed because she can't stand the ticking....ticking....ticking...

Oh wow. Well, a lot of hearies I know won't mention someone's eating volume unless it's like SMACK SMACK SMACK SLUUUUURP BURP SMACK SMACK CHOMP CHOMP, etc.....

Wirelessly posted

Did you know that in some stores when they sprinkle water in the produce section, there are speakers making a thunder sound? Weirdest thing ever! Never heard it until the day I got my HAs and we went to the store. I had no clue what the sound was at first. It scared me so bad that I looked like a deer in the headlight!

I've never understood the thunder noises. It's like.....why am I shopping in a storm? Why? Why do I need to feel the storminess in my shopping trip? I don't like.

When carbonation bubbles pop, it makes a noise.

I think normally this is very difficult to hear. I only notice it when I have a migraine & then I can hear it go pop, pop, pop from six feet away and it drives me nuts.

The sound is like the little explosions in your mouth when you eat Pop Rocks candy, but in my ears.

I was reading this post and actually believed for a little bit that butterflies made noise and I'd never heard them. :eek3:

I would like to know, when you use a cotton ball, can you feel the "squeaks" that it makes when it rubs? I hate it so much, but I simply can't decide if it is the sound it makes or just the actual feel of it.

I do not mind fingernails on chalkboards, but you give me a cotton ball and I will be squirming like crazy. :roll:

Yes! The wet wool is also horrible. My mom cannot hear or even feel it, so she thinks I'm crazy.

Wirelessly posted

What? Wow! I will look at sprinklers different next time grocery shopping. :giggle:

My dad have heart attack recently. They find he need neck artery surgery first before he can have bypass (3 or 4 don't know yet) first. Have to heal from that first.

I would feel lost without daddy. Feel your pain.

When I was growing up, I used to hear people say they couldn't sleep the night before because a "cricket was in my room".

I never understood exactly what that meant, because I took my HA's out when I went to sleep and I am completely deaf when they are out. I always thought it was just some weird expression, like an English idiom, or something, and I absolutely never understood what it meant. I thought it meant something like an "earworm" which means a ringing in your ears, or a song stuck in your head.

Then ... one night, I was staying overnight at my grandmother's and fell asleep with my HA's in, and sure enough, I kept waking up because there was a very loud chirping in my room coming from somewhere. It was LOUD!! I found out, it was coming from a cricket. After that, having heard my whole life people saying that a cricket kept them awake, I finally understood what they meant.

Many deafies are loud breathers. To hell with those who cannot stand the sound of life. :lol:

Lol yeah. My parents keep saying I breathing too loud, asking am I out of breath. I am not out of breath, just normal. I say I can't hold my breath and I can't control loudness.

Oh, please!!!

It is a horrible sound. I am glad we have whiteboards nowadays.

Lol, really? I remember having backboard stand at home for toddlers when I was about 3-6 years old. I used to do that and laugh at hearing people reaction, I didn't know it made sound, didn't understand why they reacted that way. Mum eventually took blackboard stand away from me and locked it up.

I remember my first sonic boom. I was out in Colorado as a child and all of a sudden I felt the whole building shake and there was like this rumble in my body. I was like - "what was that?!" I looked around and everyone was holding their ears so I knew that whatever it was, it was a very loud sound. I later found out it was a sonic boom. I think might have been 7 or 8 at the time.

I remember my first sonic boom. I was out in Colorado as a child and all of a sudden I felt the whole building shake and there was like this rumble in my body. I was like - "what was that?!" I looked around and everyone was holding their ears so I knew that whatever it was, it was a very loud sound. I later found out it was a sonic boom. I think might have been 7 or 8 at the time.

The first time I heard one I was at school. Everyone was like "HOLY CRAP, WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?!?!" Teachers had to calm us down.

I didn't know that I made a noise with my mouth when I was thinking. I was riding in the truck with my parents and I was in the backseat texting. I was carefully considering my words when mom turned around and said - you're making sucking noises, quit it!

HUH? Apparently, when I moosh my lips together in thought I make a sucking noise with my mouth without realizing it. I wonder what other people thought during all those algebra exams during school! :rofl:

I was not aware the icemaker made a noise-it was ice falling into the tray or what not...it was late at night, very quiet. I was alone, and had my hearing aids in, which typically I do not so the night sounds around the house I never do hear, at least not enough to become familar with preventing a freak out...which is what happened.
:) hubby was sleeping and I heard a lound bang-thought someone was trying to break into the home and went to get hubby up-he was as usual " leave me alone" blah blah blah, still half asleep. So I grabbed my gun and went to investigate.
Boy did I feel like a fool...it was the ice maker. I turned on all the lights, outside and inside the house, and followed my dogs around to see if they heard anything then I heard it again-ah ha, it's coming from the kitchen!
yep, the ice maker.

I do not sleep with my hearing aids on-the noises scare the living tar out of me...and I will not waste my time getting up to investigate. Heck, if my pit bull isn't growling at something I'm not going to concern myself with it.

to those who are new to hearing aids-word of advice-do not sleep with them on it will scare you :), trust me on that one. LOL.

Lol yeah. My parents keep saying I breathing too loud, asking am I out of breath. I am not out of breath, just normal. I say I can't hold my breath and I can't control loudness.

Lol, really? I remember having backboard stand at home for toddlers when I was about 3-6 years old. I used to do that and laugh at hearing people reaction, I didn't know it made sound, didn't understand why they reacted that way. Mum eventually took blackboard stand away from me and locked it up.

I've been accused of breathing too loudly too.
I've been asked if I have breathing problems.
no...just had my nose broken when I was 16 by someone else.
fixed of course...
it's almost like being congested constantly.
How loud it is I don't know but it's loud enough for it to annoy others.

Back