Texting while driving video (It may be too graphic)

I used to text while driving when I first got a pager in early 2000's. No more. Not worth it.

:shock: Please do not let me catch you driving on my road, or my highway. You don't seem to care about other people's lives that you are risking.

It's not a waste of time to pull over, you'll save a life and it might as well be yours.

Well, there's some people around of your car are texting while driving so its not difference when point at me.

I do care, that why I don't texting so often due safety reason.

so those drunks must have really good aim :shock:

:roll:
anyway I will not waste my time arguring with a fool that has his mind made up to recklessly endanger the rest of us....
i would like to say: if anything were to happen to you because of an accident while texting, I want to be the first to comfort that smokin hot girlfriend of yours.
:naughty:

fellow hounds, the line forms after me :naughty::P
okay that was in bad taste :o but it should get some attention with shock value and makes the point that after an accident loved ones are left behind...

That was definitely to uncall for, and I'd be appericate if you stop talk about my girlfriend afterward. :squint:

Well, there's some people around of your car are texting while driving so its not difference when point at me.
True, but you're on a forum saying that it's a waste of time to pull over completely to text someone, and I'm telling you it's not a waste of time, you'll save a life, maybe many lives on the roads.

I do care, that why I don't texting so often due safety reason.
It can happen once because texting is a distraction to the mind, eyes, and at least one hand, You can't predict that it won't happen if you do not text as often while driving. Do you really need to have an accident to learn your lesson? It's best to stop texting all together until you pull over completely to do so to prevent risking anyone's lives. ;)

That was definitely to uncall for, and I'd be appericate if you stop talk about my girlfriend afterward. :squint:

did it at least get you to realise that there are other people that are affected by accidents be it directly or indirectly?

or will you remain oblivious to that fact until you kill someone else or yourself?

True, but you're on a forum saying that it's a waste of time to pull over completely to text someone, and I'm telling you it's not a waste of time, you'll save a life, maybe many lives on the roads.

It can happen once because texting is a distraction to the mind, eyes, and at least one hand, You can't predict that it won't happen if you do not text as often while driving. Do you really need to have an accident to learn your lesson? It's best to stop texting all together until you pull over completely to do so to prevent risking anyone's lives. ;)

That's fine, I will try to stop texting while drivers, however all of my texting were happened in isolated highway but in highway with many cars so forgot about it because I couldn't handle with it.

In last few week ago, I got text from my relative about want me to order pizza, it happened in middle of highway and I had quick replied to say ok and have find exit (instead of waste of gas) to get reverse to city to find pizza place to order, I'm kindly sad about cannot use voice due unable to hear and not understand the complexes of oral language so I feel like that I got no choice but texting so just take on my risk and be careful.

Yesterday when I was driving to drop my daughter off at her father's, I saw a man driving a 16 passenger van full of people reading and texting on his sidekick on the Baltimore beltway during rush hour. CRAZY! I kept watching the van and tried to stay far away from it but was kinda hard with heavy traffic. I wonder if any of his passengers said anything about it. Studies have shown that a 16 passenger van full of people are 3 times more likely to roll over than a SUV due to the shift of gravity. EEEK!

Not hands free cell phones. I agree with the hand held ones since it does partially block the side view plus you are steering with one hand.

I usually steering with one hand.

You should not be texting while driving. Other things to NOT do while driving.
1. put on makeup
2. shaving
3. reading the paper
4. talking on cell phone
5. working a crossword puzzle
6. masterbaiting.
7. the list goes on and on.

Things you should do while driving. It's a short list.
1. drive
Agreed. This goes for both deaf and hearing.

masterbaiting???

Is that some bass fisherman trying to master his baiting techniques with his fishing hook and lures while driving?

Accord several links in my another thread

http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debate...-states-ban-cell-phone-use-while-driving.html

that the statistic of car accidents involvment is cell phone than alochol.

The accident has nothing do with hand, you hold the cell phone or headset while you driving but your mind because they occupy your mind.

There´re also no difference either your car have manual or automatic transmission but your mind is still multitask between talking and driving a car, no matter either hold cell phone with one hand or use headset....

That includes signing as well. Mustn't forget that one, especially in a deaf/hh forum.

So, should signing be banned while driving?

Back