Texting while driving video (It may be too graphic)

did it at least get you to realise that there are other people that are affected by accidents be it directly or indirectly?

or will you remain oblivious to that fact until you kill someone else or yourself?

I'm not that stupid when I text and drive through the market with full of people. that's pretty retard.

It's depends on what the situation is, if I feel it's enough safe to text, I text. When I feel it ain't safe, I ain't text and it's what I do since I was 17 years old. And it's my fooking responsibilities.

Fine, I had seen you and some members are furious about my comment...................................
I am not furious. I just think you are a fool because you don't understand the risk after all of the information that has been put forth, and, you indicate that you will continue to text and drive. What will make me furious is when you cause an accident and God forbid severe injury or death to yourself or others around you.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did sign language get into the picture? I thought this was about texting while driving?
I think the point is that anything that distracts you from paying attention to driving including sign language makes you dangerous behind the wheel.

masterbaiting???

Is that some bass fisherman trying to master his baiting techniques with his fishing hook and lures while driving?
:rofl: That is EXACTLY what I meant. Think about how distracting that would be.
master-baiter-tshirt.jpg

mstr_lg.gif

That's the bigger problem--some people don't take driving seriously enough when they do not practice safety.

Believe me when I tell you this, I've seen people driving like morons weaving, drifting, straddling to the center line, all because they were either talking on their cell phones or texting. I have to watch out for those morons and to be sure to keep my distance, but if they are behind me, it's hard to keep my distance even if I speed up, I might get pulled over for speeding.

So, should signing be banned while driving?

Shel.. you asked an interesting question.. perhaps you should create another thread about this.

I do have qualms with people looking at a person signing instead of the road while driving. I feel it is as dangerous as texting to be honest. Since you are looking at the person signing instead of the road, If a person is signing while driving their hands are not on the wheel. I have been in many close calls in that situation as well. Sad to say.

Utah ADers, You don't use texting while driving.

Utah Now Punishes Texting While Driving With Up to 15 Years in Prison

The New York Times > Log In

I refuse to use it while driving on two-lane roads.

Distracted Drivers
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFeIY4eLMZ0[/ame]

if you set up prevent to cell phone law. that is serious... You should stop car then talk to cell phone then start to car drive. I really scared,. That is not funny..

Shel.. you asked an interesting question.. perhaps you should create another thread about this.

I do have qualms with people looking at a person signing instead of the road while driving. I feel it is as dangerous as texting to be honest. Since you are looking at the person signing instead of the road, If a person is signing while driving their hands are not on the wheel. I have been in many close calls in that situation as well. Sad to say.

I agree that shel should make another thread about it.

that is going to be interesting! i wonder did it actually happen to anyone in that situation? i often got close calls as well.

While some say it’s the responsibility of the driver to be cautious, it’s like asking a Drunk to be careful behind the wheel and handing them the keys to the car. Case in point; it is why the laws were passed on Intoxicated Driving, because the government has to babysit the smattering few humans that do not think about the consequences of such not-so-bright thinking.

The fellows behind the wheels, who have their eyes on their tiny phone screens, and a hand on the buttons to 'text' back the person they are speaking to, have no regards to the oncoming traffic, or those in vehicles before, or behind them.:squint:

I almost came close to being rear-ended today on the way to an appointment because the not-so-bright male behind me, was paying more attention to pushing buttons on his phone, than he was to the road ahead of him and he was driving a big tow truck, and what is worse about the not-so-bright male, is that he is old enough to know better. What would have happened if he had not stopped in time? :eek3:

The worse enemies of the Texting While Driving are the majority of teenagers, in my honest opinion. God help us all if more accidents occur due to the teenage mind frame on texting while driving. Texting is just as intoxicating as Alcohol; it's addictive to the point that a teenager's eyes are firmly planted on the phone the majority of the time in the span of their teenaged life. Believe me I know, I am acquainted to a few of those teenagers in the age range of 13 on to (le gasp)25, and they go no longer than 3 minutes without that phone in their hands and fingers flying away on those buttons. :roll:

I text and it takes time to text. Far longer than it does to talk.

Where is your focus when your texting?

Where else than on the phone?

Honestly ... If someone want to text somebody else, he/she needs to drive over to park at side of street first.

I'm not going to text someone while I'm driving in a traffic. Too dangerous... I prefer a longest and "unpopular" road with so fewer cars over so many cars in a traffic. Still, I don't want to.

My mom got a car accident two ago (No, not cos of texting. It's her health issues.) and I saw her how much painful she was. It was not so pretty if you ask me... :(

Back