Texting while driving video (It may be too graphic)

yagazn

Reaction score
A good friend of mine sent me email earlier, It was horrible for someone who texting while driving. It could happens to anyone. Look at that.

Click here:
Will Bloody Texting PSA Get The Message To Teens? - ParentDish

Ohh, What people was thinking? You know texting while driving. Geez! I mean never ever texting while driving.

Peace

Last edited:
I clicked on it needs to be shown.

It needs to be shown in Drivers Ed classes, and before one receiving a a DL or renewal.

It is a gory, but realistic video. Too many accidents are happening due to texting while driving.

I have another link to add to this... that relates to this subject.

Driving-while-texting law proposed
FOX 13 Investigates

Driving-while-texting
law proposed
FOX 13 Investigates

Updated: Tuesday, 25 Aug 2009, 4:58 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 25 Aug 2009, 4:58 AM EDT

* Doug Smith Doug Smith

TAMPA - Deputy Felix Moret is a DUI investigator for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. He's got an eye for drunk drivers, but says it’s hard to tell intoxicated from drivers who are texting behind the wheel.

”They'll come and spin out and do a weaving motion,” Deputy Moret told investigative reporter Doug Smith, “and the first thing you’ll think is, I might have an impaired driver here because they're so busy concentrating on their texting, they're not watching the roadway at all.”

The camera in Deputy Moret’s car recorded a driver who cut off two cars, weaved over the fog line and then crossed the double yellow before almost crashing head-on into another car.

“I expected to walk up and find a driver that was under the influence but it was actually the opposite,” recalled Deputy Moret.

Here’s a transcript of how the driver responded:

Deputy Moret: Good evening. How are you doing tonight?
Driver: Pretty good, thanks.
Deputy Moret: Do you know why I'm stopping you?
Driver: Yes, sir.
Deputy Moret: Why?
Driver: I was text messaging on my cell phone, not paying attention. I saw the light turn green and I went right in front in front of the van.
Deputy Moret: Yeah, you cut the van off and you also cut me off. You could have caused a major accident.

Fourteen states currently have laws against texting while driving on the books. State Representative Doug Holder of Sarasota wants Florida to become number 15.

“I think it’s a complete no-brainer,” Representative Holder told Doug Smith. “I mean you've got so many actions going on at once, it doesn't make any sense to try to do it.”

Representative Holder has tried twice to get a law passed and just this month introduced the legislation once again. He believes this time his bill will pass because people are dying around the country.

A recent study concluded drivers who are texting are 23 times more likely to get into a crash or near-miss like the one Deputy Moret witnessed. He cited that driver for failing to yield the right of way at an intersection, which is a $151 fine.

If Representative Holder's bill passes, drivers caught texting on the road will get a second ticket and an extra $30 fine.

Teenagers are supposed not use text during driving, except for emergency and they are stupid so enough since their license is graduated in just short time.

For me, I'm rarely text during driving due hard to text with one hand so I don't support any law ban on text because it's part of driver responsible, not government.

Teenagers are supposed not use text during driving, except for emergency and they are stupid so enough since their license is graduated in just short time.

For me, I'm rarely text during driving due hard to text with one hand so I don't support any law ban on text because it's part of driver responsible, not government.

Rarely texting is just as irresponsible. It only takes one time to do so to cause an accident.

I have texted in the past while driving.. I no longer doso. I have learned that a message will be there when I reach my destination, pull over, or a red light.

SMH I quit doing this because I was damn close to get into serious accident because of this. Scared SHITLESS out of me and I had to hyper-reflex and thank god I missed huge time. Now I am pager free, so is my wife pager free. Much safer that way.

When I was took driving Ed in 60's our class was show a movie of some real accidents! The people were not in the cars but it show how bad the cars was crash up! This new one with the girls was hard to watch at first as it made me think of my horrible accident when the kid T boned my car! I can't not remember anything that happen during the accident as I was knocked out cold! I was lucky I was wearing my seat belt or I would had been throw
all over the car! My car almost hit another car when I was knocked out!
I think this video should be showed at all driving schools and on TV . It not any worst that was on TV show and movies !

Minnesota (where I live) passed a law recently banning texting while driving. I've tried very hard to keep in line with that, and text only when stopped at a stoplight if I'm going to text at all while in my car. I watched the video and it brought tears to my eyes, just as it did to the writer said. I knew it was only a depiction, but it's reality.

Rarely texting is just as irresponsible. It only takes one time to do so to cause an accident.

I have texted in the past while driving.. I no longer doso. I have learned that a message will be there when I reach my destination, pull over, or a red light.

In bold, that's only for you, not me.

I only use text for emergency or families, such as need something to get before go to home so no point to say irresponsible.

I ALWAYS watch on road at all time so no matters, only few seconds to get done.

In bold, that's only for you, not me.

I only use text for emergency or families, such as need something to get before go to home so no point to say irresponsible.

I ALWAYS watch on road at all time so no matters, only few seconds to get done.

I see that you feel you are invincible.

So obviously you think it can not happen to you. It is not about you anymore. It is about the other peoples lives you put at risk by texting and driving. :( Guess you don't get it.

SMH I quit doing this because I was damn close to get into serious accident because of this. Scared SHITLESS out of me and I had to hyper-reflex and thank god I missed huge time. Now I am pager free, so is my wife pager free. Much safer that way.
Yeah, I hardly text while I drive, my phone is a iPhone and it is impossible for me to text one handed, so all these things have to wait when I finish driving the car LOL. If I get a new car, RULE will be enforced - the car is brand new and must focus on driving.

Yeah, I hardly text while I drive, my phone is a iPhone and it is impossible for me to text one handed, so all these things have to wait when I finish driving the car LOL. If I get a new car, RULE will be enforced - the car is brand new and must focus on driving.

There has been some very horrible train accidents in Boston , the operators
were texting while driving the train! It is against the law to text while driving a train! One fool was texting his girlfriend and killed some people and a lot of people were hurt ! You're putting other people life in danger and your too!

I see that you feel you are invincible.

So obviously you think it can not happen to you. It is not about you anymore. It is about the other peoples lives you put at risk by texting and driving. :( Guess you don't get it.

You doesn't know about my driving performance and it was different than you are expected, I don't go too closer to other cars during texting and check in little seconds so it's only used for emergency or families, even rest of my text were happened on highway, that where cars are quite far from me and are you think that I'm texting so often so short answer is no, only rarely and your comment is pointless because I already know how to handle it.

Yes, I m too. not much to use it while driving. Ohio don't have texting law but Cleveland only.

Yes, I m too. not much to use it while driving. Ohio don't have texting law but Cleveland only.

Yup, that what rarely texting that I was refer.

When texting ban kicks in, many people will ignore and just like speeding, also hard for police to track it.

Yup, that what rarely texting that I was refer.

When texting ban kicks in, many people will ignore and just like speeding, also hard for police to track it.

Yes, Someone s cars are moving on changing line of freeway like drunk driving. Police can catch them.

Yes, Someone s cars are moving on changing line of freeway like drunk driving. Police can catch them.

Of course, texting is just like you read paper map while driving or check on GPS device so it could be lacks of attention, when you hit on other car because you are texting, read on maps, fix the GPS device or configure the radio then it would be your fault due lacks of attention and your insurance would going up as well.

Of course, texting is just like you read paper map while driving or check on GPS device so it could be lacks of attention, when you hit on other car because you are texting, read on maps, fix the GPS device or configure the radio then it would be your fault due lacks of attention and your insurance would going up as well.

your leaving out the possibility of KILLING someone! hitting a pedestrian or someone on a bike or motorcycle.

texting while driving is ignorant, irresponsible and totally moronic...

the really sad thing is dumbasses will continue to do it until they kill someone who was minding their own business. even more pathetic is the claim of have enough skill to text while driving and brag about.

"it will never happen wit me I gotz mad skillz" duuuuuuhhhhrrrrrrrrrr :sure:

your leaving out the possibility of KILLING someone! hitting a pedestrian or someone on a bike or motorcycle.

texting while driving is ignorant, irresponsible and totally moronic...

the really sad thing is dumbasses will continue to do it until they kill someone who was minding their own business. even more pathetic is the claim of have enough skill to text while driving and brag about.

"it will never happen wit me I gotz mad skillz" duuuuuuhhhhrrrrrrrrrr :sure:

Thank you! Nice to know someone understand exactly what I posted! :)

I also see with yakking on the cell is just as dangerous as texting. BOTH are dangerous.

You guys have no idea how many times I've been nearly hit by yakkers in this day and age. I get scared crapless driving because there's no way to know what any driver is doing and I have to keep my eyes peeled at all times when I am driving.

I also have to resist the temptation to get out of the car, yank the cell out of their hand and toss it far into the field. That's how pissed off I get when I see a driver on a cell.

*sighs*

Yiz

Back