Texting while driving video (It may be too graphic)

Ya know what? How many would actually admit to the investigating officer that they were yakkin' on the cell or worse, texting?

Yiz

your leaving out the possibility of KILLING someone! hitting a pedestrian or someone on a bike or motorcycle.

texting while driving is ignorant, irresponsible and totally moronic...

the really sad thing is dumbasses will continue to do it until they kill someone who was minding their own business. even more pathetic is the claim of have enough skill to text while driving and brag about.

"it will never happen wit me I gotz mad skillz" duuuuuuhhhhrrrrrrrrrr :sure:

Thank you! Nice to know someone understand exactly what I posted! :)

Both of you got problems so go whine, it won't stop me or others from doing that.

I can careless because both of you weren't know about me, there's hint for you, I never texting on city street.

Mod's Note:

Alright, you guys pipe it down. Take it elsewhere to such as PM/VM/IM/E-mail or ignore each other.

Thank you.
-Brian

Both of you got problems so go whine, it won't stop me or others from doing that.

I can careless because both of you weren't know about me, there's hint for you, I never texting on city street.
pointing out idiocy isn't whining. :wave:

yeah texting on a highway at a high rate of speed = brilliant :sure:

Yup, that what rarely texting that I was refer.

When texting ban kicks in, many people will ignore and just like speeding, also hard for police to track it.

Of course, texting is just like you read paper map while driving or check on GPS device so it could be lacks of attention, when you hit on other car because you are texting, read on maps, fix the GPS device or configure the radio then it would be your fault due lacks of attention and your insurance would going up as well.

the police and legislators know it's very hard to enforce it and to catch drivers doing it. the texting-while-driving ban exists to PUNISH drivers and hold them criminally-liable for it. that's the whole point of it.

Mod's Note:

Alright, you guys pipe it down. Take it elsewhere to such as PM/VM/IM/E-mail or ignore each other.

Thank you.
-Brian

what is to take to PM?

we are discussing the dangers of texting while driving

I also see with yakking on the cell is just as dangerous as texting. BOTH are dangerous.

You guys have no idea how many times I've been nearly hit by yakkers in this day and age. I get scared crapless driving because there's no way to know what any driver is doing and I have to keep my eyes peeled at all times when I am driving.

I also have to resist the temptation to get out of the car, yank the cell out of their hand and toss it far into the field. That's how pissed off I get when I see a driver on a cell.

*sighs*

Yiz

I totally agree. I almost hit a car a few days ago the man pulled out in front of me. With his cell phone on his ear and he yakking away. He did not even see me. I blared my horn and he still yakking. He acted like nothing happened I truly thinks he still is completely unaware of what almost happened.

pointing out idiocy isn't whining. :wave:

yeah texting on a highway at a high rate of speed = brilliant :sure:

Like I said, that's not my problem and don't closer to other cars while texting or don't during rush hours so you don't know about my driving performance.

Brian want us to stop argue about texting situation.

texting-while-driving.... hmmm it doesn't affect me since I can't exactly txt while on motorcycle :lol:

however - everyday when I commute, i have encountered average of 2-3 close-call incidents. 95% of those incidents were drivers yakking/txting. other 5% were just "honest" mistake as I understand there are blind spots

Like I said, that's not my problem and don't closer to other cars while texting or don't during rush hours so you don't know about my driving performance.

Brian want us to stop argue about texting situation.
You should not be texting while driving. Other things to NOT do while driving.
1. put on makeup
2. shaving
3. reading the paper
4. talking on cell phone
5. working a crossword puzzle
6. masterbaiting.
7. the list goes on and on.

Things you should do while driving. It's a short list.
1. drive

texting-while-driving.... hmmm it doesn't affect me since I can't exactly txt while on motorcycle :lol:

however - everyday when I commute, i have encountered average of 2-3 close-call incidents. 95% of those incidents were drivers yakking/txting. other 5% were just "honest" mistake as I understand there are blind spots
As a brother rider I would hate to get hit by some idiot that is texting while driving. When I am on my bike I am constantly watching what people are doing especially if I am crossing their path like when a car is waiting to pull out onto the road I am on. I watch their face and eyes.

As a brother rider I would hate to get hit by some idiot that is texting while driving. When I am on my bike I am constantly watching what people are doing especially if I am crossing their path like when a car is waiting to pull out onto the road I am on. I watch their face and eyes.

yep! that's why I don't rush out at green light. I know there will be distracted driver who didn't see red light. surely don't wanna got t-boned like that!

You should not be texting while driving. Other things to NOT do while driving.
1. put on makeup
2. shaving
3. reading the paper
4. talking on cell phone
5. working a crossword puzzle
6. masterbaiting.
7. the list goes on and on.

Things you should do while driving. It's a short list.
1. drive

Exactly but people would take their own risk when driving.

I did stated in other post.
http://www.alldeaf.com/1399743-post17.html

There is NO EXCUSE to text while driving. NONE! Not even for a "few seconds". Why? Going at 60 mph which means you travel 88 ft/s and that for 4 seconds of not watching the road while texting means you have driven the length of a football field without looking. At lot can happen in a mere 4 seconds. Just ask those families whose members got killed by texting drivers.

Anybody who text while driving is a complete idiot and a moron risking not only their own life but others as well. I have no tolerance for these people. They are in the same class as drunk drivers. Period.

Now, not only do drivers, especially bikers, have to worry about drunk drivers but drivers who text while driving. It should be this. 1st offense texting while driving. You get your phone confiscated. That means you go out and buy another phone.

Back