Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I did in here. I used the word "Caucasian" in other thread which got locked up.

to answer your question - in the other thread - did you research any statistics regarding "Caucasians" whom may have been deported under current immigration laws in the State of Arizona?

to answer your question - in the other thread - did you research any statistics regarding "Caucasians" whom may have been deported under current immigration laws in the State of Arizona?

No need to. It is already stated in many source that majority of illegals are Mexicans.

source - Department of Homeland Security for starter.

California is the leading state of residence, with 2.0 million, or 40 percent of the undocumented population. The 7 states with the largest estimated numbers of undocumented immigrants--California (2.0 million), Texas (700,000), New York (540,000), Florida (350,000), Illinois (290,000),
New Jersey (135,000), and Arizona (115,000)--accounted for 83 percent of the total population in October 1996.

Mexico is the leading country of origin, with 2.7 million, or 54 percent, of the population. The Mexican undocumented population has grown at an average annual level of just over 150,000 since 1988. The 14 countries with 50,000 or more undocumented immigrants in 1996 accounted for 81 percent of the total population. The large majority, over 80 percent, of all undocumented immigrants are from countries in the Western Hemisphere.

so will you start answering my questions now? :wave:

1. do you think illegals are entitled to Civil Rights after crossing the border illegally?
2. you keep talking about illegals having more power and rights than Americans. what rights?
3. In your post - what country does that?
4. In this post - who do you think the officers are more likely to "ask" the immigrants to show their documents? Europeans? Mexicans? Chinese? Arabs? do you think it's right for officers to ask the American-born person of different race to show the document?

and so many more..... but I believe the above should be good enough.

No need to. It is already stated in many source that majority of illegals are Mexicans.

source - Department of Homeland Security for starter.

so will you start answering my questions now? :wave:

I will start with that one.

Maybe :D

I am a Son of Liberty.

---snipped for length purpose--

right. I'm quite aware about what's going on in America. I'm basically "almost-born and raised" here since 3-years old. America is pretty much all I know about. Culturally - I'm American. Heritage - I'm Korean. I follow the American culture, American way, American holidays, and American etc. I believe in U.S. Constitution and what America stands for. I detest illegal immigration but I detest even more to those who violates the Constitution.

I'm a very multi-cultural person. I have many friends of many nationalities. I do not stick with a certain race or live in a homogeneous community. I do not wish to associate myself with someone with racist view. I am aware that many foreigners come to this country and they bring their cultural aspect with them. While they're welcome to share their cultural aspect with us, I do not believe we should bend around for them just because it's what they used to do in their native country. Recall my stance in Alabama thread about English and driver test - "ENGLISH PLZ?" I got a lot of flak for my stance. I believe everybody in America should at least know how to speak English - a common language for all of us to communicate with each other so that we all can live together in harmony and that no group is underrepresented without needing a translator. "All men are created equal"... right?

Question - You say you have not experienced cultural difference in your family.... but didn't you just say you have Mexican cousins? You do not have to experience cultural difference within family. You can do so thru friends and community. If one choose to live in a "homogeneous" community... well that's their choice.

and.... Son of Liberty... now let's not disillusion ourselves in here. Your family members are the Sons of Liberty because they have fought in wars for America since American Revolution so have you fought in war for America? If you're gonna say "Son of Liberty"... then act like one. You're sounding like Ephialtes who take advantage of the status by association :lol:

I will start with that one.

Maybe :D

oh ok. that's fine :)

j5y0ll.jpg

*it's a pix of a black bear sitting at picnic table, waiting. a caption saying "The Patient Bear will be ready when you are."

If you care so much about immigrants "terking yer jerbs", why don't you get off of SSI/SSDI and go out and earn a living for once?

Rights violated

Recently my truck was wrecked in the MUSC parking garage while I was in the building. The driver was not a U.S. citizen. She had no driver's license, and even though the truck she was driving was insured, she was not covered.

I was angry, and I asked where the city police were to take her to jail. But I was told that the city had no jurisdiction there.

The bottom line is this: My insurance paid to repair my truck with me paying a $200 deductible. The female was not charged for anything even though she broke several laws, and she did not pay a dime to fix my truck. She also got medical treatment at a state facility even though she is not a citizen. I ask you: Whose rights were violated?

Albert Robison

W. Robin Hood Drive

Charleston
The Post and Courier - Letters to the Editor - Charleston SC - postandcourier.com

Interesting, Reba. Those are the stories I keep seeing and hearing.

Suppose the officer and the student are the same race? :dunno:

There is in-group racism, as well. It is a well known phenomenon. Color of the skin or ethnic origins is not the determining factor. Intent, whether conscious or unconsious, of the behavior exhibited is the determining factor.

There are two sides here. One, there are illegal aliens. The other, legal aliens. One broke the law getting in while the other obtained legal means via proper documents. One is a criminal. The other is not.

Ok, why should we treat illegals as criminals if they have done nothing criminal except breaking a law just BECAUSE they're not legal in terms of overstaying here?

You lump many illegals to criminals - it's as if all illegals are involved in gang crimes and drug violence and all that. It is NOT true.

Ok, why should we treat illegals as criminals if they have done nothing criminal except breaking a law just BECAUSE they're not legal in terms of overstaying here?

You lump many illegals to criminals - it's as if all illegals are involved in gang crimes and drug violence and all that. It is NOT true.

Exactly. This law allows presumption of criminal status based on nothing more than ethnicity. Very, very dangerous territory.

I don't see what the big deal is. It's illegal for anyone to drive around without an insurance card. If you are in this country as an immigrant then you should have to carry your immigration card. That way if/when you get stopped you have your proof. What next, we should not have to carry our identification. Or, I should be able to walk around with a ski mask on and nobody should question me.

There is in-group racism, as well. It is a well known phenomenon. Color of the skin or ethnic origins is not the determining factor. Intent, whether conscious or unconsious, of the behavior exhibited is the determining factor.
So the police can never win. They'll always be accused of racism no matter what.

I don't see what the big deal is. It's illegal for anyone to drive around without an insurance card. If you are in this country as an immigrant then you should have to carry your immigration card. That way if/when you get stopped you have your proof. What next, we should not have to carry our identification. Or, I should be able to walk around with a ski mask on and nobody should question me.

when you drive - you have driver license, registration card, and insurance paper. That should be good enough for police since you're required to show a proof of immigration status when obtaining license anyway. The immigrant shouldn't show additional document like Alien Card.

but for non-driver, well it's always good idea to have a form of ID on you at all time but point is - with this law, it increases more "police stop" over minor infractions like loitering which is rarely enforced. This alienates people.

So the police can never win. They'll always be accused of racism no matter what.

If you say so, Reba. I'll just say that is a gross misinterpretation of my reply, but, hey...that seems to be status quo for a few.

If you break a law, it's a crime such as entering the U.S. without proper documentations. Hence, that makes you a criminal. This is true for any country you try and enter on purpose without any or proper documentation. That makes them a criminal. Let's not mince words here.

Though there is diversity in a police force. It's amazing how many people think "white" when hear the word "police." In a police force they already know that diversity means strength for them.

Though there is diversity in a police force. It's amazing how many people think "white" when hear the word "police." In a police force they already know that diversity means strength for them.

Another misinterpretation. Diversity does not mean lack of racism or prejudicial belief systems.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back