Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is evidence. Ask any person of color how many times they get asked for ID or thought to be stealing or thought to be stupid or thought to be a criminal. Then ask any white person. Ask any traveler of color how many times they've been pulled aside for higher security checking and then ask a white traveler. Compare and contrast the rates.
Don't forget about asking a cop whether he's ever been falsely accused of racism when he was just doing a job. The minorities I know have not experienced harassment from the cops.

We're all a little racist. Everyone is racist. So your actions are informed by the society you live in, wow, join the club. Everyone's in it. The only difference is some people admit it and try to work on it and other people just keep denying it, insisting that there's nothing to be worked on.
I guess that depends on how broadly you define "racist". I guess I could be called a "hair colorist" since I enjoy a good blonde joke, and I say things like "blondes have more fun". I'm sure a clinical psychologist could show that I look at blondes, redheads, brunettes, and baldies differently. That doesn't mean it's some problem I have to continuously work on.

However, if, as you say, everyone's at least a little racist, does that justify calling people racist willy-nilly? I mean, considering what a damning charge that is, if everyone were to call everyone else racist, that would be a very unhealthy thing for our society.

A lot of the anti-illegal immigration points are perfectly valid and very real. Illegal immigrants do take up resources and don't pay taxes. It's the intensity and level of passion people feel about the issue that is amped up and fueled by the same subconscious racist attitudes we all harbor just by virtue of living in a society with a history of racism.
What political issue doesn't fill up both sides with passion? We also heard that health care protesters are racists because of some subconscious mumbo jumbo.

economy, drug war, poverty, etc.

Crime, drugs, cartels, economy collapsing, corruption, basically a 3rd world country, etc..etc... It's like buying a house that is money pit. It'll just take you down with it.

Yup, that's one of biggest issue that I don't feel like ready for Mexico to annex to become the US.

Mexico need more investment and find more resources, especially oil and natural gas to growing of economy so government will have more funds to fight against drug wars, poverty and high criminal.

Impeding traffic? That sounds like a pretty broad term. Good thing they caught her. Hasta la vista, baby!

She was initially stopped for that offense. She was arrested for not having a valid driver's license.

I'm not sure what her "impeding traffic" offense was but I've seen similar things happen at our campus. Because the parking situation is so awful, drivers will stop and wait for other students to leave their parking spots rather than continue circling with the traffic flow. Then, other drivers get stuck behind them. Bottlenecks are easy to develop in the parking lots, and the mess gets worse. It's a constant battle of campus cops vs. student drivers. It may be a hassle and annoying but it's not racial.

Who knows if the cop was racist, but I guarantee there are racist cops out there. This event is just one of many that happen. Cop stops car, finds illegal activity, people go to jail. What bothers me is the stops that will undoubtedly result in harassment charges. I guess it is like war. Gotta have casualties to win. :eek3:
If the cop was racist he probably wouldn't have given her the one-day break and second chance that he did. He could have arrested her and had her car towed right then and there.

If the cop was racist he probably wouldn't have given her the one-day break and second chance that he did. He could have arrested her and had her car towed right then and there.

It'd be a no-win situation here regardless of what a cop does, he/she will still be called a racist. Saying the word "racist" is a, er, ah, a copout.

Certainly looks to be a good catch. My concern is the likelihood of more "miss" than "hit" in these cases. I worry about the people that have medical problems like a bad heart. Being stopped by police is a stressful experience, even if you are innocent. Like I said, I have no worries here. No plans to visit Texas or Arizona any time soon. When I do go there, I will make sure I have all my documents, just in case.

It'd be a no-win situation here regardless of what a cop does, he/she will still be called a racist. Saying the word "racist" is a, er, ah, a copout.
Suppose the officer and the student are the same race? :dunno:

Yup, that's one of biggest issue that I don't feel like ready for Mexico to annex to become the US.

Mexico need more investment and find more resources, especially oil and natural gas to growing of economy so government will have more funds to fight against drug wars, poverty and high criminal.

I don't want Mexico to be annexed to USA. Let's leave it the way it is. If Mexico prospers - good for them! Mexico should stay Mexico. It is fine for America to continue to help Mexico to prosper.

so which part do you know more than saywhatkid?

I would say it is safe to say "all" parts.

Do you know who Michikinikwca was?

I had to look it up, because I couldn't remember the date (yeah, me, the know-it -all) but the treaty at Greenville, Ohio, Aug. 3, 1795 was kind of "important".

I don't want Mexico to be annexed to USA. Let's leave it the way it is. If Mexico prospers - good for them! Mexico should stay Mexico. It is fine for America to continue to help Mexico to prosper.

Shouldn't Mexico be helping themselves?

Oh, wait, they are, they jump the border for that.

Impeding traffic? That sounds like a pretty broad term. Good thing they caught her. Hasta la vista, baby!

Who knows if the cop was racist, but I guarantee there are racist cops out there. This event is just one of many that happen. Cop stops car, finds illegal activity, people go to jail. What bothers me is the stops that will undoubtedly result in harassment charges. I guess it is like war. Gotta have casualties to win. :eek3:

I am sure there are racist illegals out there too, lets deport them!

wwwooowwww.... you people..... we're making a fuss cuz we don't like illegals getting deported back? lol wtf? :laugh2:

no... the biggest problem is we Americans (non-White) do not like being violated and asked to prove our immigration status when we're legal residents. You're lucky that you most likely won't ever get asked to prove your immigration status once in your lifetime whereas..... we immigrants (legal residents) will have to at least dozen of times in Arizona.

Are you saying that only white Americans like being violated?

Shouldn't Mexico be helping themselves?

Oh, wait, they are, they jump the border for that.
:lol:

I would agree to what you said but unfortunately - We have a serious, multi-billions-dollars drug problems and immigration problems with Mexico. What do you think what we should do?

continue pouring in billions dollars on our current failed & futile policies for decades or spend a small portion of our current spending to improving Mexico so that in the long-run, we will no longer spend billions to prevent Mexican problems from spilling into our American soil?

that's the thing. White Americans will not get violated. We do.

I honestly did not know that. :roll:

Here is a very big news flash for you. "People" get violated all the time. By "people" I mean all races, all religions, all genders, all ages, etc.

It includes "white people".

Here is another newsflash. Illegals are violating Americans.

Americans of ALL races, not just white people.

I honestly did not know that. :roll:
now you do

Here is a very big news flash for you. "People" get violated all the time. By "people" I mean all races, all religions, all genders, all ages, etc.
such as?

It includes "white people".

Here is another newsflash. Illegals are violating Americans.

Americans of ALL races, not just white people.
um... this is about immigration bill. we're talking about who will be mostly violated by our local police officers - White American or legal immigrants. If you wish to talk about other kind of violation or whatever.... you may go ahead and create a thread about it.

um... this is about immigration bill. we're talking about who will be mostly violated by our local police officers - White American or legal immigrants. If you wish to talk about other kind of violation or whatever.... you may go ahead and create a thread about it.
You didn't include all the groups to compare.

White American citizens
White legal aliens
White illegal aliens
Non-white American citizens
Non-white legal aliens
Non-white illegal aliens

White American citizens
White legal aliens
White illegal aliens
Non-white legal aliens
Non-white illegal aliens

He won't (on purpose).

White American citizens
White legal aliens
White illegal aliens
Non-white legal aliens
Non-white illegal aliens

Yes I did in here. I used the word "Caucasian" in other thread which got locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back