Ten Commandments:

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did not say anything about Moses on John 6:29

What I pulled up says this: Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
Cheri, I am sorry I gave you wrong verses 6:29, it is correct John 9:29. doh me!

You wrote 10 commandment in your first post without source. I posted 10 commandements with source. It written that Moses wrote and destoryed 1st commandment because he was angry with people for worship idols. He wrote commandement again for 2nd time but the words, he wrote different.

That is correct because I remember in the bible and in the movie the "10 commandements" that Moses himself did destoryed the first one because he was so angery with the people worshipping the idols. So I agree with that because that how it happens.

Cheri, I am sorry I gave you wrong verses 6:29, it is correct John 9:29. doh me!

Ok John 9:29 says: "We know that God has spoken to Moses, but as for this man,(A) we do not know where he comes from."

What does that prove us? Nothing. :ty: I rest my case.

You expect that the world and USA following the ten commandment?

I ask you, one certian question, Do you actually follow the the ten commandment fully 100%?

Ok John 9:29 says: "We know that God has spoken to Moses, but as for this man,(A) we do not know where he comes from."

What does that prove us? Nothing. :ty: I rest my case.
Oh yeah..alright. I don't need to prove you as well as your prove is nothing also, you know. I just leave the verses with you this thread for rest. I stick to my words for eternal rest.. ;)

No one follows the 10 Commandments.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

What if there were more than 10 commandments? What if Moses accidentally dropped the 3rd tablet? What if he destroyed it intentionally. For all we know, there could be more laws that we don't know about. :Ohno:

What if there were more than 10 commandments? What if Moses accidentally dropped the 3rd tablet? What if he destroyed it intentionally. For all we know, there could be more laws that we don't know about. :Ohno:

You got a good point there. There no telling what that third tablet law would be. But you right I agree with you.

Ever see History of the World: Part 1?

Yes, I think. I used to watch "History" channel every once in a while. They are always interesting what they talk about on "History" channel. I know I watched so many of that show on that channel if I can remember most of them.

The "what ifs" didn't happen.

Besides, if there were more or fewer commandments we would still be sinners, and the Savior can forgive all sins.

Yes, I think. I used to watch "History" channel every once in a while. They are always interesting what they talk about on "History" channel. I know I watched so many of that show on that channel if I can remember most of them.
No... it's a Mel Brooks movie. It's more of a spoof look at history. ;)

Nine Ways of being an Accessory to another's Sin

1. By counsel
2. By command
3. By consent
4. By provocation
5. By praise or flattery
6. By concealment
7. By partaking
8. By silence
9. By defense of the ill done

No one follows the 10 Commandments.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
REALLY???, No one follow the 10 commandments. ahh interesting.. where you get infom? You don't follow ten commandment too, then why you post here about ten commandments? Mmmmmm..

REALLY???, No one follow the 10 commandments. ahh interesting.. where you get infom? You don't follow ten commandment too, then why you post here about ten commandments? Mmmmmm..

That scripture informs us that none of us are capable of keeping all of the commandments. We are to try. That keeps the world from being an unbearable place to be. I have sinned. I have asked forgiveness. But that doesn't change the fact that I sinned. Sin is breaking any of these commandments, weather I acknowledge that or not. It is Gods law not ours. If I jump off the roof I will break the law of gravity,(and many other things) weather I think I can fly or not. The law is the law and the consequences of breaking them will between me and God unless I allow Christ to intercede for me. That is why she post about the Ten Commandments here.

That scripture informs us that none of us are capable of keeping all of the commandments. We are to try. That keeps the world from being an unbearable place to be. I have sinned. I have asked forgiveness. But that doesn't change the fact that I sinned. Sin is breaking any of these commandments, weather I acknowledge that or not. It is Gods law not ours. If I jump off the roof I will break the law of gravity,(and many other things) weather I think I can fly or not. The law is the law and the consequences of breaking them will between me and God unless I allow Christ to intercede for me. That is why she post about the Ten Commandments here.
Oh really? Can you show me where Jesus says in Scripture? Mmmmmm..mm..

XGAMER, it is common sense that it is impossible to keep (meaning not to violate) the 10 Commandments because NO earthly person is perfect, right? There is much more to this thought but I shall stop right here for now.....ok?

Oh really? Can you show me where Jesus says in Scripture? Mmmmmm..mm..

Happy to! Romans Chapter 3 verse 29

I will post from "The Living Bible" because it translates meaning for meaning.

Romans 3

20 For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.

Christ Took Our Punishment
21 But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses* and the prophets long ago.22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.24 Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past,26 for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.

Thank you, I had heard these many times before you. but I respect your opinions and thoughts of these verses.

Romans 3

20 For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.

21 But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses* and the prophets long ago.22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.24 Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past,26 for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.
Oh not that is one. Have paul met Jesus in person as his witness before? Paul wrote roman letters for followers in roman empire. Paul's own roman chapters.

But WHERE DID JESUS SAYS IN THE SCRIPTURE " NO LONGER HOLD THE COMMANDMENT? prove me, please..

Romans 3

Beautiful said!! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back