Ten Commandments:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that is after when people had wild party and Moses were angry and so I think that is when Moses wrote it down to keep the commandments after the 1st one been destroyed. I think thats where it happened. I have to look that up as 1st incident.

Yes, that's right - accord the link of my post #8 - you can see 2 different commandments.

1st commandments, Moses made and destoryed.

First Tables of Stone (Exodus 20)
("which Moses didst break")

Then wrote 2nd commandments.

Second Tables of Stone (Exodus 34)
("the words that were on the first")

Sorry I don't believe in comparing anything to anything, I believe everyone are equal, every of them have the talents, everyone are different but still equal.

Exactly

Not only that, But it goes for, use of God's name in act of killing someone, swear in God's name, lie in God's name or deceive in God's name. :)

Swear in God's name is not nice.

The people has no reasons to lie or make up about God because they learn from the bible.

Is it forbidden for the people to say that God killed the people and unborns that because they learn from the bible.

If you disagree all above then blame the bible authors for bainwashed the people.

:dunno:

Did you kill those animals with your bare hands? It's not the same as being a meat eater. :)

No, I do not killed animals with my hands but the vegetarians and vegan see different because I took and eat the meat. I learn from them at other debated threads.

No everyone has and had broken the 10 Commandments ( not all but some that are on the list),

Right

The words "Do not covet" means like to wish for something like craving for something from someone's property or from a person. Almost like being greedy.

Yes I know what it written but I want to know what exact example that we should not do anything accord the bible...

As it's what you says - No, I don't do that.

I think Reba would be off explaining that one better than I could. :)

Yes, I am waiting for her explanation to this example.

Keep the Sabbath day holy- I think it means attend Church, do prayers. :dunno:

Yes, I know but I want to know exact example... prayers at church only or everywhere?

The reason I am asking question is because I know any churches are not acceptance to God but pray everywhere but the religious beleif went to church twice a week or every sundays... Is it acceptance? I was like *scratch my head*

To me, I don't go church but pray everywhere. What should I answer those question? If you said it's church only then I will answer - No, I don't go church every week or twice a week.

Yes, that's right - accord the link of my post #8 - you can see 2 different commandments.

Two different sets of stones but the content was the same on the first ones and the second ones. The words of the commandments were the same the first time and the second time. The stones were different but the commandments were NOT different.

Exodus 20

1 And God spake all these words, saying, 2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

(Commandment 1) 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

(Commandment 2) 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

(Commandment 3) 7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

(Commandment 4) 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

(Commandment 5) 12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

(Commandment 6) 13 Thou shalt not kill.

(Commandment 7) 14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

(Commandment 8) 15 Thou shalt not steal.

(Commandment 9) 16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

(Commandment 10) 17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Originally Posted by Liebling:)))

Two different sets of stones but the content was the same on the first ones and the second ones. The words of the commandments were the same the first time and the second time. The stones were different but the commandments were NOT different.

You can check 2 different words between Exodus 20 and 34 in those link.

*Which* Ten Commandments?

You can check 2 different words between Exodus 20 and 34 in those link.]

It's the same meaning to all three Religious. I don't see what's the fuss about it. Look at my first post, I did not wrote down the entire words for the 10 Commandments but it means the same as the rest.

Deuteronomy 5

1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them. 2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. 3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day. 4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire, 5 (I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount; ) saying,

6 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

(1) 7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

(2) 8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: 9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, 10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

(3) 11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

(4) 12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. 13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: 14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou. 15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

(5) 16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

(6) 17 Thou shalt not kill.

(7) 18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.

(8) 19 Neither shalt thou steal.

(9) 20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.

(10) 21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.

Well just my opinion...

1. Do not worship any other gods. When the religion said that, it makes me feel like the religion is sort of selfish..
2. Do not make any idols to worship. Agree
3. Do not misuse God's name. Agree
4. Keep the Sabbath day holy. Ummm okay...
5. Honor your father and mother. Not always good to honor the parents...
6. Do not murder. Of course, agree.
7. Do not commit adultery. Agree.
8. Do not steal. Agree
9. Do not be a false witness (lying about others, telling a lie) Agree, but not a big thing to me..
10. Do not covet (be greedy) Agree
I can't believe that someone told you, "God had nothing do with the religion". Someone already confused your mental from the truth.

I am here to certainly correct you, wow you are psychic? Ha Jk. You are almost exact right about don't follow the other gods of people serve their religions ancestors is different from your ancestores who served. I talk of what the scripture of the old testment said:

"And it shall be, if you do at all forget the Lord your God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that YOU SHALL SURELY PERISH" (Deut. 8:18-19).

I can't believe that someone told you, "God had nothing do with the religion". Someone already confused your mental from the truth..

God did not created Religion. People created Religion. You're far from the truth.

God did not created Religion. People created Religion. You're far from the truth.
Oh really? then tell me why Moses and isrealites created tent as temple/ church in first place for jewish only before Jesus and You born? Anyway, Your comments is not related this, it suppose to be relate another thread called GOD vs Religion. you are so far from this thread you created.

Oh really? then tell me why Moses and isrealites created tent as temple/ church in first place for jewish only before Jesus and You born? Anyway, Your comments is not related this, it suppose to be relate another thread called GOD vs Religion. you are so far from this thread you created.

I respond to your post and You're telling me I'm going off topic? Ok then. :ugh3:

Is Moses God? Is Moses Jesus? Moses is his own person a human being.

Jesus did not have a Religious when he was on earth thousands of years ago, He only spread the words of God to the people who wants to hear it. :)

I respond to your post and You're telling me I'm going off topic? Ok then. :ugh3:

Is Moses God? Is Moses Jesus? Moses is his own person a human being.

Jesus did not have a Religious when he was on earth thousands of years ago, He only spread the words of God to the people who wants to hear it. :)
Mmmm Cheri, Moses is the man of God and Jesus is the son of God. they are the same son of man! ;)

Tell me, why Jesus attended temple to preach them around? If you do care to explain.

Temple is people's body: 1 corinthinans 6:19-20 and 2 corinthians 6:16, there you check out. ;)

I can't believe that someone told you, "God had nothing do with the religion". Someone already confused your mental from the truth.

I am here to certainly correct you, wow you are psychic? Ha Jk. You are almost exact right about don't follow the other gods of people serve their religions ancestors is different from your ancestores who served. I talk of what the scripture of the old testment said:

"And it shall be, if you do at all forget the Lord your God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that YOU SHALL SURELY PERISH" (Deut. 8:18-19).

Interesting! Thank you for correcting me :) Yupp I don't believe in "messiah", I just believe everyone is equal no matter what...

Mmmm Cheri, Moses is the man of God and Jesus is the son of God. they are the same son of man! ;)

Moses is not God, God was with Moses. Jesus is God and the Son of God.

I think you are so confused with the bible. me :X

Yupp I don't believe in "messiah", I just believe everyone is equal no matter what...

Then I supposed you don't believe in Jesus? Am I correct?

Jesus does not equal us the people, we the people are sinners, Jesus is without sin. :)

Moses is not God, God was with Moses. Jesus is God and the Son of God.

I think you are so confused with the bible. me :X
whoa, wait a Minute, You sayng that I am confuse with the bible. so can you show me where I am confuse with the bible's verse by verse, If you do CARE! thank you

whoa, wait a Minute, You sayng that I am confuse with the bible. so can you show me where I am confuse with the bible's verse by verse, If you do CARE! thank you

You claimed that Moses is God the man? Moses is known in the bible under Exodus and he receieved The Ten Commandments from God. How could he be God? Now your turn to show me where it stated that Moses is God in your "bible" whatever you wish to call your book.

Then I supposed you don't believe in Jesus? Am I correct?

Well, not "don't believe", but neutral. If I see Jesus in person, I would treat him as equal with kind just like I would to everyone else. :)

Jesus does not equal us the people, we the people are sinners, Jesus is without sin. :)

Well that's what the bible says about Jesus, but I don't know him very well so I rather to back off from label someone who are perfect or not.

Well, not "don't believe", but neutral.

You kept saying one thing and then change to say something else. It seems to me You don't stick with your words. You stated You don't believe in the "Messiah" Jesus is the Messiah. So the saying is if you don't believe in the Messiah then You don't believe in Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back