Ten Commandments:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I had heard these many times before you. but I respect your opinions and thoughts of these verses.

Oh not that is one. Have paul met Jesus in person as his witness before? Paul wrote roman letters for followers in roman empire. Paul's own roman chapters.

But WHERE DID JESUS SAYS IN THE SCRIPTURE " NO LONGER HOLD THE COMMANDMENT? prove me, please..

Are you asking if Jesus said we no longer have to keep the commandments, or
are you asking if Jesus said we still need to keep the commandments? Please clarify for me.

MMm..mm..
Are you asking if Jesus said we no longer have to keep the commandments, or
are you asking if Jesus said we still need to keep the commandments? Please clarify for me.

WHERE DID JESUS SAYS IN THE SCRIPTURE " NO LONGER HOLD THE COMMANDMENT? prove me, please..

MMm..mm..

WHERE DID JESUS SAYS IN THE SCRIPTURE " NO LONGER HOLD THE COMMANDMENT? prove me, please..

Just a guess here but, this, to me, means that the very existence of the 10 Commandments tell me the folly of trying to keep them and being legalistic besides the thinking that if I do good works, I'll be saved when there is GRACE, a free gift from God, using your free will to embrace Christ as your personal Savior which washes away the toil of the impossibility of adhering to the 10 Commandments. Wow, what a mouthful--hope y'all can figger this out. I'm in a hurry so excuse my obvious haste here...

Just a guess here but, this, to me, means that the very existence of the 10 Commandments tell me the folly of trying to keep them and being legalistic besides the thinking that if I do good works, I'll be saved when there is GRACE, a free gift from God, using your free will to embrace Christ as your personal Savior which washes away the toil of the impossibility of adhering to the 10 Commandments. Wow, what a mouthful--hope y'all can figger this out. I'm in a hurry so excuse my obvious haste here...

Good points, but I want to make certain I am understand xgbmer s question as he meant to ask it, before I try to answer it.

About the 10 Commandments,

Jesus did not include the Sabbath in His law.

MMm..mm..

9. “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13. No one has greater love than the one who lays down his life for his friends.

Christ has always said His purpose here is to be able to intercede for us when we fail to keep the law. But because he is God, and from God, if we love Jesus, the we will keep His commands, because we also love God. What is of God is of Jesus. Did this help? I have never seen in scripture where Jesus said we do not need to obey the commandments. Only that when we fail to obey, He is there to intervene for us.

About the 10 Commandments,

Jesus did not include the Sabbath in His law.

It is my understanding that Jesus did include the Sabbath in his law. As in the scripture I quoted above. Because He has said that if we love Him we will keep his commands. Jesus kept the Sabbath even though He was accused by the members of the Church body of that time of breaking it. ...therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath. However Jesus acknowledged that there were circumstances that had to be dealt with and said..."the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." Repeatedly, in the scripture, the church leaders screwed up Gods message and twisted His words. "...You do err not knowing the Scripture."

It is my understanding that Jesus did include the Sabbath in his law. As in the scripture I quoted above. Because He has said that if we love Him we will keep his commands. Jesus kept the Sabbath even though He was accused by the members of the Church body of that time of breaking it. ...therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath. However Jesus acknowledged that there were circumstances that had to be dealt with and said..."the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." Repeatedly, in the scripture, the church leaders screwed up Gods message and twisted His words. "...You do err not knowing the Scripture."

xbgmer did I answer your question?:fingersx:

Yes, I read about it somewhere about how Pharisees accused Jesus of violating the law by healing on the Sabbath day. I thought Jesus didn't includ Sabbath in the 10 commandments. sorry. :)

And on (Matthew 12:7) Clearly, the disciples were falsely accused, and were not guilty of breaking the Sabbath as charged.

Yes, I read about it somewhere about how Pharisees accused Jesus of violating the law by healing on the Sabbath day. I thought Jesus didn't includ Sabbath in the 10 commandments. sorry. :)

And on (Matthew 12:7) Clearly, the disciples were falsely accused, and were not guilty of breaking the Sabbath as charged.

It is good you seek scripture information out for yourself. I have known people,(myself included) who only listened to what their preacher told them. I remember one time many years ago, my hubby and I used to listen to a man on the radio, and we were so impressed with him. No matter what the question was he could find the scripture from his memory and it seemed to us that he had very good understanding of scripture. But one day he began to preach that Christ was coming back in less than one year! My hub and I just looked at each other and said, "Uh oh!" We both knew what the Bible had to say about that. It was very clear and no man could misinterpret it. I don't know what messed that guys thinking up. Oh well. Always pray and check out what the Bible says for yourself. Don't even listen to me!:giggle: I'm dyslexic!

. Don't even listen to me!:giggle: I'm dyslexic!

:giggle: I don't mind when someone points something out to me that I might have overlooked, or haven't got to the point of reading that far yet.

So :ty: for helping me find what I needed to find. :)

Jesus was living under the OT law therfore he had to follow the ten commandments including "Remember the Sabbath". After Jesus died, He arose on a Sunday. Because he arose on a Sunday, Sunday became the day of rememberence. Examples of meeting on Sunday was given in Acts.

Acts 20:7 (KJV)

And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:2

Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Sabbath is still Saturday today, we just do not observe OT laws anymore cause Jesus has fulfilled OT laws. We are to observe NT laws which is very similar to OT laws. Only different is, we can be cleansed of sins cause of Jesus's blood that was shed. Poeple in OT times had to wait till Jesus's death. That is why sacrafices of animals had to be done in OT times till Jesus's death made it permanently possible to cleanse us of our sins.

What does OT stands for?.

Oh, I don't know what's wrong with me today I think I'm losing my mind, please forgive me Secretblendie.

no need to forgive :)

and I'm ignoring that "ie" at end of my name :giggle::giggle:

ie :rl::rl::rl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back