Tell us something about yourself?

Because if you are in a group, sooner or later, you are bound to discover that one or more speak as well.....I guess this is a case by case kinda thing....

I've met others who speak as well, but they actually prefer to sign in a group setting. I have a few HoH friends who don't sign at all, but I speak around them and we hang out with hearings. I guess you're right.

I love to update my siggy with quotes/photographs that define my current life situation.

I use my voice more than ASL, too. But when I'm around deaf people, I turn off my voice completely. What's the point of using your voice when they can't hear you?

I dont use my voice around my deaf friends because we are using ASL not Sim-Com.

I love to update my siggy with quotes/photographs that define my current life situation.

I use my voice more than ASL, too. But when I'm around deaf people, I turn off my voice completely. What's the point of using your voice when they can't hear you?
I've got a bad habit of talking while signing with my friends - some of them can hear me with their CI's. I try my best to lower my voice sometimes :|

I was told today that I was signing to the cats in my sleep. I moved to the couch last night due to the heat and it seems Sammy tried to jump up onto me and provide additional heat, but daughter tells me that I was signing "down cat now" over and over, but he never moved. :laugh2:

I was told today that I was signing to the cats in my sleep. I moved to the couch last night due to the heat and it seems Sammy tried to jump up onto me and provide additional heat, but daughter tells me that I was signing "down cat now" over and over, but he never moved. :laugh2:

:laugh2: My cat has great expressive ability and terrible receptive skills, too, but he's oral.

No wonder you had not taught your cat the signing words like "down" and "now". :lol: You better start teaching the cat some sign words. :hmm:

so was I! mY parents and me.

what was your like?

It was an EF1 level tornado so it was mainly strong winds that blew signs over and toppled trees. It was nothing scary other than 'oh shit this is a tornado and we don't know how bad it's gonna be!'. Thankfully I was in a sturdy concrete building on a lower level in a hallway.

Talking while signing? I know it can be done but it's also confusing for the person doing the signing/talking I would think. As a 'listener' I wouldn't mind. Whatever the person is comfortable with I say.

bicycle mechanic [do on mountain, road, bmx, hybrid...kiddie tricycle...]

collect over 30 fitted hats of New Era

collect over 200 dvds [actions to comedy to disney]

am mommy's boy

I'd like to learn

I'd like to learn sign language, so that when I am completely deaf, I'll be able to still communicate. I can't imagine not being able to talk to people.:D

I'm still struggling to learn sign. Got sidetracked dealing with Meniere's and surgery.

I'm 4'11" tall.
I'm a complete nerd.
I married my awesome hubby 1/1/11.
I have Fibromyalgia and ADHD.
I have 2 rats, named Rose and Sally, for Tokyo Rose and Axis Sally, 2 propaganda ladies during WWII. Oh yeah, I'm a big WWII geek!
I love to read, and do research (WWII and medical) for fun.
I am a first time college student at 27. I start my first class (math, I'm scared!) on June 8th.
I hope to get in to the ITP next fall.
I am nervous, but also very excited to be going to college!

I hate chickens yet I work in the poultry industry.....

Dixie, your post about chickens reminded me...as a kid, my dad < born in '33> worked in his dad's kosher butcher shop, plucking and slaughtering chickens by hand. He still has a thing about cooked whole birds as part of a meal or in a sample restaurant display.

Tornado... luckily you were in that building! How long did you have to wait in there?

Mine was: I was about 8/9 and we had been visiting my parent's friends and I was playing with their kids; it was in a more rural part of the county and we had come from the city. The weather started looking bad and I remember standing at the window of these people's house, looking at their pool and having a bad feeling, in my head I saw a tornado. My folks decided we should leave early so we did. We got caught in the tornado driving home. My mom says now she looked out the window of the car and saw the funnel behind us and to the side and thought we were gonna die - tornado, how far behind, don't know - but I remember the car shaking/rocking, the wind, my dad trying to keep the car on the road. I was screaming and the sirens were blaring and my mom was trying to hold me and it seemed like it just went ON and ON...we passed a large apt. complex and shortly thereafter the tornado took the whole thing out; also damaged some of the friend's home we been in earlier including their pool that I had been looking at and having a bad feeling/vision ....

VERY scary for us!

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

I know alot about coniferous trees. My favorite tree is a Giant Sequoia and Ponderosa Pine.

I am usually able to tell what is burning by the smell. Down to the type of tree or wood.

Back