Tell us something about yourself?

I am an Australian but wasn't born there; I was born in Thailand but I am not Thai; I was born severely-deaf but raised oral and was told all my life I was HoH, and now I identify myself as Deaf. What am I? :-p

Bison (Buffalo meat) burger does really taste good better than the cow meat (hamburger). I went to the Pueblo restaurant in the city of Albuquerque for a really good Bison burger and love it very much many years ago. Too bad that we don't have millions of Buffalos roaming the prairies anymore. Only be found in farms (I don't know how many are there in the United States and probably here in Canada, too). :dunno:

Yeah there are a few bison ranches here.. one of them belongs to my dad's friend... I would know as I have gone there with dad a few times for some things like bison meat to buy or so... have seen the buffalo roam good on that ranch and some really cool things...

Beowulf, that was very interesting about the sheep and goat.

hubby and I have eaten buffalo; also elk and ostrich. My folks visited an elk farm once on a trip.

I've tried yak milk yogurt before

I am up early this morning for no good reason. Had a cup of coffee and about to get dressed to go to work.

dereksbicycles, I have a Rottie too. Actually, I have 2.

When I was kid I called my mom's old tan Ford "Bessie" and my dad's big blue Chevy "Harry" Don't know why.

I like succotash.
One time I was looking more about it and found it is from a Narragansett word

I am on my second Rottweiler now. The first Rottweiler passed away last year with cancer at 6 years old.

I do like cars, but I don't nick name them.

If you haven't worn a HA for 22 years, I'd say try one now. "They've come a long way baby" :giggle: Seriously, they've improved a lot. That being said, there's no guarantee that you'll find a HA that will meet your needs. The first thing you should do is find a really good audiologist. One who wants to help you not one that wants to put money in his/her pocket w/o regard to how the HAs work for you.

I appreciate this input. The worst I can do if I don't like them is just to not wear them. The least I would like is to try see if the technology in hearing aids now would help me.

I am an Australian but wasn't born there; I was born in Thailand but I am not Thai; I was born severely-deaf but raised oral and was told all my life I was HoH, and now I identify myself as Deaf. What am I? :-p

A fantastic and loving parent, spouse and online friend!!

I am craving some chocolate right about now.

yummmmmm.....
<Dark>

As a kid I used to mush up ice cream so it would be an "ice cream soup"
creamy liquid.....usually chocolate...:giggle:

yummmmmm.....
<Dark>

As a kid I used to mush up ice cream so it would be an "ice cream soup"
creamy liquid.....usually chocolate...:giggle:

:laugh2: This was my favorite thing in the world! And then I discovered microwaving ice cream, but it was never the same as the hard-earned 'soup'

:wave: Grendel hehe...heaven....aahhh
never nuked mine though, I had a thing about "hot" and "cold" and textures - there was a phase where I only wanted to eat Cheerio's and bananas, my mom says.

Back