Tell us something about yourself?

Rio

Brady lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just thought this would be fun for everyone to name a few things about yourself?

I am tri-lingual (English, ASL and Spanish) and I love to Zumba!

I like Star Wars. I think Stephen Hawking is just fucking brilliant. I train dogs, I gather eggs. I've been on 5 TV stations, a radio talk show, mentioned on CNN, and been on ESPN at least twice that I know of. I am and English Education major. My favorite show is "How I Met Your Mother". I believe in equality and I'm an advocate against bullying. Oh BTW I'm d/hh and a single mother. ;)

I used to be a rodeo bullrider with the FCA. I am a volunteer with my State's Public Service Commission. I am a jack of all trades master of several. I used to do disaster recovery construction work. I like camping and gold panning and exploring abandoned mines. I enjoy restoring antique motorcycles. I grow my own vegetables. I was an English Creative Writing Major, Communications double major and minor in German Communication. I have a severe hearing loss in both ears (and have since I was 4). My father is deaf. My neice is HoH and so is my sister. I am the only one in my family fluent in ASL.

I have done volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity. I used to teach English to foreign deaf students with no proficiency in ASL. I was selected for a Secret Service Tour of the White House and got to meet Laura Bush. I have travelled extensively in Central America and Europe. I was invited to attend the Family Reunion of the Al-Obaid tribe in Saudi Arabia near the Red Sea. I helped a deaf refugee from Liberia become a US citizen.

I am sure the list will continue .. memory gets fuzzy

I am this and that. and I'm an asshole. :dunno2:

I'm trilingual, too (Auslan, English and ASL). :)
Got a Ragdoll cat who does not like the laptop
Loves to read.
Loves traveling.

Once the cheeky streak occurs, I have fun teasing others.

oh, I am trilingual too (Auslan, English and ASL) :mrgreen:

I am open-minded, down to earth, fun and random, loyal, spontaneous and mysterious, slightly femme but nerdy, sometimes shy, been half deaf since kindergarten, trying to learn ASL at the moment :D

I was a rodeo barrel racer back in high school and my family owns six horses. I have a chihuahua named Oreo who practically serves as a service dog. I have a BFA in Visual Journalism with a minor in Sociology. I was born stone deaf, but wear a CI. Grew up mostly oral, but learned more ASL in college. I'm working on becoming a volunteer for the deaf/blind. I live in NYC area, but I am still a Californian at heart.

I like dogs. I like to rescue deaf dogs. I like to collect books on ASL and deaf history.

I like cats. (I'm not sure anybody didn't know that already. :giggle: )

Late deafened in my early teens. I've always loved "challenges", and strived hard to overcome them, no mater the obstacle or the situation..(if something comes easy, it's not worth having).... dogs, the ocean, close to the water. Moreso a loner, but open up when someone gets to know me well.....Always rooted for the "underdog"....Dislike drama & mean-spirited people....Learning and achieving something everyday is important to me also. Doing my/your very best is a common phrase with me.

:wave: <below long>
love dogs. I'm a dog trainer. Like rock climbing and went up in ultra-light and loved it! One time in college me and my roommate left the dorms spontaneously and took a bus to a different town. I borrowed some money from her to pay for the bus. We didn't plan anything we just went. At first went to bus station and found that the bus to the town we wanted to go to <we were in a small college town> didn't run there for couple of hours. We walked back across this town to the dorms to get money and wait, then walked BACK AGAIN across town <I didn't know how to drive then and I don't think my roommate did either> to same bus station and got on bus and went to our destination. We arrived in the new town at the end of some major street festival that had been going on that weekend. Most people we saw were drunk. We danced around and hung out and had no idea where we were gonna stay or what we were gonna eat. So we walked around for a while and then we sat down on the sidewalk to figure this out. It was about 4o degrees - Fall day. So we counted her money and walked several miles across town to a store and got a bunch of Cheerios and Spaghetio's and some other stuff and then we walked back carrying all this stuff...we just walked til we found some cheap motel. We used her money at the motel and I dared her to eat some dog food out of can <we'd got that at the convenience store> and she dared me to eat Spaghettio's from the can with my fingers. We both did the dares and stayed up all night watching tv and playing cards. Then in the morning we went across the street to the truck stop and got a few things there to eat and sat outside and ate it; took some packets of jelly and cream and stuff from the cafe. Then we walked around some more and spent a day or so just looking around and talking and stuff and then we went back to our university.

college was a time of great variety....

Back