Tell us something about yourself?

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

I am a statistic person. I love looking at numbers of money, populations, etc.

Dixie, your post about chickens reminded me...as a kid, my dad < born in '33> worked in his dad's kosher butcher shop, plucking and slaughtering chickens by hand. He still has a thing about cooked whole birds as part of a meal or in a sample restaurant display.

Tornado... luckily you were in that building! How long did you have to wait in there?

Mine was: I was about 8/9 and we had been visiting my parent's friends and I was playing with their kids; it was in a more rural part of the county and we had come from the city. The weather started looking bad and I remember standing at the window of these people's house, looking at their pool and having a bad feeling, in my head I saw a tornado. My folks decided we should leave early so we did. We got caught in the tornado driving home. My mom says now she looked out the window of the car and saw the funnel behind us and to the side and thought we were gonna die - tornado, how far behind, don't know - but I remember the car shaking/rocking, the wind, my dad trying to keep the car on the road. I was screaming and the sirens were blaring and my mom was trying to hold me and it seemed like it just went ON and ON...we passed a large apt. complex and shortly thereafter the tornado took the whole thing out; also damaged some of the friend's home we been in earlier including their pool that I had been looking at and having a bad feeling/vision ....

VERY scary for us!

Talk about a 'wild ride' home! I hope I never get caught in one in a vehicle - that's too much for me. We had to wait about 30 mins before being given the all-clear from authorities that had come by to check on the hotel. The next morning I go out to my truck and the hotel sign was laying 2 feet from my vehicle! That could have ended badly as I was a three hour drive from home. :shock:

:shock:yeah, it sure was a wild one for us!
luckily you and your family were ok, too, especially being able to avoid that hotel sign - those can be so big! I imagine it may have seemed like a looooooong time waiting in there for 30 minutes!
Good thing that hotel was there for you guys to avoid the 3-hour drive - and that it had a sturdy area to hide in; some of the hotels I've been in are very "hit-or-miss" in terms of "robust-ness"/security/structure.....makes for an interesting travel experience so long as no tornadoes are involved:lol:

:shock:yeah, it sure was a wild one for us!
luckily you and your family were ok, too, especially being able to avoid that hotel sign - those can be so big! I imagine it may have seemed like a looooooong time waiting in there for 30 minutes!
Good thing that hotel was there for you guys to avoid the 3-hour drive - and that it had a sturdy area to hide in; some of the hotels I've been in are very "hit-or-miss" in terms of "robust-ness"/security/structure.....makes for an interesting travel experience so long as no tornadoes are involved:lol:

No, it was just me traveling by myself at that time. It was definitely a weird one for me. It could have been worse if the hotel sign had smashed my vehicle. I would have been stranded there with no way home.

Wirelessly posted

I like to have fun with good friends

I enjoy sports. Baseball, softball, and golf are my favorites. Bowling, tennis, and soccer I don't play as often, but still enjoy.

I love traveling and have been blessed to have seen many neat places.

I am a registered nurse (for anyone who doesn't know what RN means in my user name.

I also enjoy any chance I can get to be around people.

Thunderstorms are attracted to me.....

Wirelessly posted

I attrack no one :(

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

jillio said:
Oceanblue7 said:
I attrack no one :(

A beautiful woman like you? I find that hard to believe. Maybe it's just that no one that deserves a woman like you is around right now.

I am not every mans' dream woman just have to do my best to live life to the fullest.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

I am not every man's dream woman just have to do my best to live life to the fullest.

You just haven't met the man that knows how to appreciate you yet. In the meantime, I agree...live life to the fullest. Love finds us when we least expect it. :hug:

Wirelessly posted

jillio said:
Wirelessly posted

I am not every man's dream woman just have to do my best to live life to the fullest.

You just haven't met the man that knows how to appreciate you yet. In the meantime, I agree...live life to the fullest. Love finds us when we least expect it. :hug:

Yes, hope the unexpected will happen soon. It would be nice :)

Wirelessly posted

Miss-Delectable said:
Wirelessly posted

Yes, hope the unexpected will happen soon. It would be nice :)

Everyone feels that at one time or other, including myself.

But I know there'll be someone out there for you. I really do hope so. :hug:

Thank you Miss D :)

There's always a someone for everyone. Love is elusive if you search for it. Just wait for happiness to just creep in is my advice.

Back