Teacher Tells Kids There Is No Santa Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. what about sex, then?

What if a really young kid (i.e. age-inappropriate) asks about sex?

A teacher has to do her duty to inform them about sex?

Sigh.. I don't even know why I bother to ask, because I know what's the answer. "Sex would not be part of the curriculum for an age-inappropriate group, therefore the teacher would not have to inform them."

Funny that a teacher can avoid the question because "it's not part of the curriculum." but they cannot avoid the question if it's "somewhat related to the curriculum."

Depends. Is the teacher in the process of teaching a science section dealing with reproduction? But I would think a teacher would provide accurate information regarding that question as well, as appropriate to the child's understanding of science as possible. I certainly wouldn't expect her to say, "The stork brings babies."

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Very dichotomous - and erroneous - thinking, I'm afraid.

An elementary school teacher for the early grades needs to think ahead and be prepared. This one wasn't.

Obviously, you are a bit confused regarding the nature of dichotomous thinking.:lol:

Why should any teacher be obligated to support myth and fantasy based on what a parent lies their kids about at home? Teachers can't possibly keep track of all the different lies a parent tells their kid.

Guess what, they don't come from "tummies" either. Your parents lied to you, sorry to say.

Naturally, I don't expect people who are too dense to be capable of comprehending whatever I'm saying here.

Obviously, you are a bit confused regarding the nature of dichotomous thinking.:lol:

Why should any teacher be obligated to support myth and fantasy based on what a parent lies their kids about at home? Teachers can't possibly keep track of all the different lies a parent tells their kid.

Well, what did you expect from people who are materialistic and blindly support the blatant commercializing of a holiday?

Oh, please. You are the one who is confused - as usual. Your thinking about this is either/or, fantasy/fact, fable/truth. That is dichotomous thinking, "dividing into two distinct parts," or "all or nothing" thinking.

It's actually part of a Borderline Personality Disorder, as perhaps you are aware.

All or Nothing: Dichotomous Thinking

"Why should any teacher be obligated to support myth and fantasy based on what a parent lies their kids about at home? Teachers can't possibly keep track of all the different lies a parent tells their kid."

A first-grade teacher should certainly expect the subject of Santa Claus to come up, especially when teaching a unit about the North Pole during the weeks just before Christmas. She should have been better prepared.

Naturally, I don't expect people who are too dense to be capable of comprehending whatever I'm saying here.

Exactly. Your parents provided age appropriate information. The main thing is, they did not lie to you and feed you some myth about birds delivering babies.

Oh, please. You are the one who is confused - as usual. Your thinking about this is either/or, fantasy/fact, fable/truth. That is dichotomous thinking, "dividing into two distinct parts," or "all or nothing" thinking.

It's actually part of a Borderline Personality Disorder, as perhaps you are aware.

All or Nothing: Dichotomous Thinking

"Why should any teacher be obligated to support myth and fantasy based on what a parent lies their kids about at home? Teachers can't possibly keep track of all the different lies a parent tells their kid."

A first-grade teacher should certainly expect the subject of Santa Claus to come up, especially when teaching a unit about the North Pole during the weeks just before Christmas. She should have been better prepared.

Better prepared to do what? Support children believing in lies? And it was a second grade teacher.

MAAAAAWWWWWMMMMM!!!! DAAAAAAAD!!!! YOU LIED!!!! I set up nammy kam!!! It was YOUUUUU alll along!!!

I'm NEFER GONNA FRUST YOU AGAIN!!!

Well, what did you expect from people who are materialistic and blindly support the blatant commercializing of a holiday?

Exactly. If people spent more time year round showing their friends and family members how important they are to them, they wouldn't have to be so consumed with trying to do it by spending money for one day a year.

wow many different opinon view is clashing on all deaf. but i read jiro what he is saying. yes it is right that kids believeing santa claus and whine act so f**king bratty that they want more present. they is need learn true mean of christmas. christmas is not about gets new car, jewelry, barbies, etc. christmas true meaning that is happiness and enjoys company with families friends.

MAAAAAWWWWWMMMMM!!!! DAAAAAAAD!!!! YOU LIED!!!! I set up nammy kam!!! It was YOUUUUU alll along!!!

I'm NEFER GONNA FRUST YOU AGAIN!!!

I'm sure that you are being facetious, but lying to a child not only teaches them not to trust, it also teaches them to lie. After all, parents do it. You just have to come up with a "good reason" for lying, then it is okay.

I'm sure that you are being facetious, but lying to a child not only teaches them not to trust, it also teaches them to lie. After all, parents do it. You just have to come up with a "good reason" for lying, then it is okay.

Smile, yes. But not only that, computer technology continue to expand, getting into virtual reality where kids one day will come up with the idea of using cam (of any kind), wanting to catch the "real Santa Claus" of their dream. It could happen down the road.

This woman clearly suffers from CSDD. I suggest she be given time off (without pay) to deal with these emotional issues

Smile, yes. But not only that, computer technology continue to expand, getting into virtual reality where kids one day will come up with the idea of using cam (of any kind), wanting to catch the "real Santa Claus" of their dream. It could happen down the road.

I would be surprised if it hasn't happened already. People generally don't give kids credit for being as intelligent and creative as they are.

The New York Post?:laugh2: Really? That is what you are going to use to support your position? Really?

This is just like the CI threads. None of the kids have stated that their Christmas has been ruined. As long as they get their presents, I'm pretty sure they don't give a crap who puts them under the tree. It is the parents whining and complaining because they have been busted in their lies. This isn't about the kids. It is about the parents projeting their reactions onto the child. Parents seriously need to get over seeing their kids as nothing more than an extension of themselves.

:bsflag:

Why stop at Santa? There was no glass slipper, cows can't jump over the moon, and fairy dust can't make you fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back