Soon it will be Christmas Day

Silver bells (silver bells)
Oww, silver bells (silver bells)
It's Christmas time in the city
You ring-a-ling (ring a ling)
You can hear them ring (hear them ring)
Soon it will be Christmas Day
Ah!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHAsw_aswlM]Twisted Sister - Silver Bells - Episode 2 - YouTube[/ame]

P.S. - Jillio is that lady in green.

Santa

I apologies in advance. Cheetah know I have this new thing going in my head. I can't stop rhyming. I think it's my way of dealing with the inability to hear Christmas music this year. So hear it goes....

Santa

Hang the stockings....

Hang the lights......

Tuck your children in bed real tight......

Santas coming so you see......

Please dont tell them Santas ME!!!!:angel:

My children are grown. Santa always brought them just one gift. He had so many children to deliever to. The rest or "the big stuff" came from mom and dad. We also adopted a family for Christmas so they always understood the "true" meaning of giving. They turned out just fine. One is majoring in Astrophysics, my other one in Enviromental Science and Law with a Minor in English. Both with straight A's. I don't think believing in Santa hurt them in anyway. It's how you start your family traditions that count. Just my thought. Oh, by the way, I hope Santa can bring me new glasses. Mine are so bad!!!

My children are grown. Santa always brought them just one gift. He had so many children to deliever to. The rest or "the big stuff" came from mom and dad. We also adopted a family for Christmas so they always understood the "true" meaning of giving. They turned out just fine. One is majoring in Astrophysics, my other one in Enviromental Science and Law with a Minor in English. Both with straight A's. I don't think believing in Santa hurt them in anyway. It's how you start your family traditions that count. Just my thought. Oh, by the way, I hope Santa can bring me new glasses. Mine are so bad!!!

I apologies in advance. Cheetah know I have this new thing going in my head. I can't stop rhyming. I think it's my way of dealing with the inability to hear Christmas music this year. So hear it goes....

Santa

Hang the stockings....

Hang the lights......

Tuck your children in bed real tight......

Santas coming so you see......

Please dont tell them Santas ME!!!!:angel:

:hug: I like it!

Rhymes

I promise I'll stop. Stop the rhymes!! Stop the rhymes!!!:angel:

howtobemeantokids.jpg

Let the kids find out on their own.

News reports said the teacher apologized to her class the next day, incidentally.

Brad has it right - fighting over gifts isn't what Christmas is all about - he explains what Christmas is really all about in this age old Christmas carol:

Summary: Ben, Dan and Mitch fight over a present so Brad tells them what Christmas is all about while Ellen accompanies him on piano.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdP9qKxvWh0]Crash Test Dummies: The First Noel - YouTube[/ame]

Brad: the first noel, the angels did say
Unto certain poor shephards in fields where they lay
In fields where they lay keeping their sheep
On a cold winter’s night that was so deep

Both: noel, noel, noel, noel
Born is the king of israel

Ellen: they looked up and saw a star
Shining in the east beyond them far
And to the earth it gave great light
And so it continued both day and night

Noel, noel, noel, noel

And by the light of that same star
Three wise men came from country far
To seek for a king was their intent
And follow that star wherever it went

Noel, noel, noel, noel

Brad: the star drew nigh to the northwest
O’er bethlehem it took it’s rest
Both: and there it did most up and stay
Right over the place where jesus lay

Noel, noel, noel, noel
Born is the king of Israel

From Churchill's editorial, "Yes, Virigina, There is a Santa Claus."

"You tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding."

:)

News reports said the teacher apologized to her class the next day, incidentally.

After parents raised hell. She didn't have much choice if she wanted to keep her job. Shame that we punish good teachers for sticking to the curriculum. Guess maybe we need to start telling students that Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty are biographies.

From Churchill's editorial, "Yes, Virigina, There is a Santa Claus."

"You tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding."

:)

Exactly. Santa has nothing to do with a fat man living at the North Pole with toy making elves.

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

TXgolfer said:
jillio said:
In that case it is a religious issue and cannot be part of the curriculum.:cool2:

Ah, in that case teaching against it can't be part of the curriculum either. :)

Did I miss read? Did TXgolfer just agree with Jillio?

I think I did misread... But there is clearly an aspect here that is in agreement. Or is it simply a lack of agreement? Akkk!!! No more AD on my blackberry, my poor thumbs!!! :(

Last edited:
ok I don't like this but I'm going to play devils advocate here.

What if she had no choice?
If she was teaching about the north pole she has the duty to tell the facts, and if a question is asked she needs to respond with truth.
Yes she could have said "go talk to you parents" but we all know kids that young tend to not let up and are very insistent.
She can't tell them that there is a Santa because what about the cultures that do not believe in Santa? She would get into trouble for that also, possibly worse so.

Yeah I believe the kids who are told about Santa should learn on their own but there are some instances where you can't really avoid it.

If she was teaching about the north pole she has the duty to tell the facts, and if a question is asked she needs to respond with truth.
Yes she could have said "go talk to you parents" but we all know kids that young tend to not let up and are very insistent.
She can't tell them that there is a Santa because what about the cultures that do not believe in Santa? She would get into trouble for that also, possibly worse so.

Yeah I believe the kids who are told about Santa should learn on their own but there are some instances where you can't really avoid it.

Doesn't this kinda imply that kids have power over the teacher?

As a teacher of early elementary students, stories with fantasy and magic and wonder come up all in the time. She could have thought ahead and been prepared with something like "Santa lives in the magical North Pole; this is the geography of the natural North Pole that we are learning about."

All cultures have stories of magical, mythical beings that children learn about. Ours is no different. It takes a peculiarly harsh adult to tell a group of young children, flat out, that the myths are not true.

If she can't deal with fantasy tactfully, maybe she shouldn't be teaching early elementary grades. She might be better suited for older children.

Or she could have asked other teachers how they handle it.

My mom was a kindergarten teacher for 20 years. She had to deal with Santa Claus carefully, neither confirming nor denying. She always found a way to do it that threaded that needle carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back