Teacher Tells Kids There Is No Santa Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. You tell me how I should act as a Christian, then when I fail to follow your perceived ideology, you chastize me. There was nothing snide about my comment. It was very direct.

And so I leave this thread, since I can see all the tribes swarming to light fires.

No it was snide and an attempt to be underhanded. So, Christians are under obligation by their religion to be snide, judgemental, and exhibit an inflated ego based on the fact that they "accept Christ"? Funny, I seem to remember reading something about humility in that Bible

Oh, of course. We are all wrong and you are the lone person who is correct. So it goes.

Really? That's not very Christian of you, is it? Thought "spreading the good news" and converting others is part of the faith?

One does not need to be a believer to be an expert in Christianity. That's like saying one must be a writer in order to read.

Many expert scholars on the Bible and theology are not devout Christians.

Bart Ehrman is one of those scholars.

BREAKING North Pole News reports Santa has rehired all Elves and transferred them to the coal production unit. Unidentified EPA sources suggest an inquiry is imminent. Santa was quoted saying "the EPA is getting coal too"

Well.. what about sex, then?

What if a really young kid (i.e. age-inappropriate) asks about sex?

A teacher has to do her duty to inform them about sex?

Sigh.. I don't even know why I bother to ask, because I know what's the answer. "Sex would not be part of the curriculum for an age-inappropriate group, therefore the teacher would not have to inform them."

Funny that a teacher can avoid the question because "it's not part of the curriculum." but they cannot avoid the question if it's "somewhat related to the curriculum."

When 2 people love each other very much they may decide to try to have a baby. If you want to know more then you will have to ask your parents.

But if it were a part of the curriculum she would be obligated to say more

BREAKING North Pole News reports Santa has rehired all Elves and transferred them to the coal production unit. Unidentified EPA sources suggest an inquiry is imminent. Santa was quoted saying "the EPA is getting coal too"

I almost misread this as "rehired all Elvises" for coal production...:giggle:

Really? That's not very Christian of you, is it? Thought "spreading the good news" and converting others is part of the faith?

Can't convert the unwilling, especially with the rules they have here. You have made your choice clear. I am not going to pin you in the corner and holler.

One does not need to be a believer to be an expert in Christianity. That's like saying one must be a writer in order to read.

Oh? I should accept their interpretations and drop my God? I mean, these people are experts. They must know I was hallucinating in the hospital room with my mother!

Many expert scholars on the Bible and theology are not devout Christians.

Many scholars that are not studying Christianity are devout followers. Your point is?

Why is there a swarm of putdowns every time this subject comes up; is there something to be afraid of? I wade through hundreds of posts of biased crap in the political threads, but one mention of Christ and the non-Christian posse rides into town to snuff it out. I find it rather enlightening.

Oh well, I felt you deserved a reply. I cannot keep posting about this subject without risking a ban. I prefer to keep my slate lily-white.

Many scholars that are not studying Christianity are devout followers. Your point is?

Why is there a swarm of putdowns every time this subject comes up; is there something to be afraid of? I wade through hundreds of posts of biased crap in the political threads, but one mention of Christ and the non-Christian posse rides into town to snuff it out. I find it rather enlightening.

Oh well, I felt you deserved a reply. I cannot keep posting about this subject without risking a ban. I prefer to keep my slate lily-white.

Something to be afraid of?:laugh2:

To deny the reliability of the New Testament on its historical accuracy based on bibliographical tests used by historians on ancient secular writings means you must also deny the historical reliability and historical accuracy of manuscripts written by Plutarch, Tacitus, Seutonius, Polybius, Pliny the Younger, Thucydides, Xenophon, authors of the Greek manuscripts and every ancient writings all over the world. The New Testament has undergone the same rigorous bibliographical test as with any other ancient secular writings to determine its historical accuracy and reliability. The New Testament is one of the most heavily documented piece of history that have been corroborated and tested. All points to the fact that Jesus Christ existed among us at the time.

Tacitus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tacitus is considered to be one of the greatest Roman historians.[1][2] He lived in what has been called the Silver Age of Latin literature, and as well as the brevity and compactness of his Latin prose, he is known for his penetrating insights into the psychology of power politics.

Tacitus on Christ

Main article: Tacitus on Christ

In his Annals, in book 15, chapter 44, written c. 116 AD, there is a passage which refers to Christ, to Pontius Pilate, and to a mass execution of the Christians after a six-day fire that burned much of Rome in July of 64 AD by Nero.[30]

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired.[31]

This narration has long attracted scholarly interest because it is a rare non-Christian reference to the origin of Christianity, the execution of Christ described in the Canonical gospels, and the persecution of Christians in 1st-century Rome. Almost all scholars consider these references to the Christians to be authentic.[32][33]

As I stated earlier ..... it's history, not religion.

As I stated earlier ..... it's history, not religion.

There are lots of brilliant minds that have faith. Sadly, a lot of logical folks feel safer without it. I certainly don't ridicule their choice. Let them believe in nothing. When they die, they will be 100% correct; no heaven for them.

Why....that psycho Santa!

11767290.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back