Teacher Tells Kids There Is No Santa Claus

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJX0z4THQKM&cc=1]Arthur Christmas 3D HD [Trailer] - YouTube[/ame]

By the time I was 8 I knew there was no Santa Claus, but I also had an older brother too. I likely learned that the same time he did.

To this day my family still exchanges "Santa Claus" presents. It's when we want to pass on something extra, give a little gift that's special. So we sign it "From Santa Claus." Sometimes the recipient knows who "Santa Claus" is, sometimes not. It's all part of the fun.

Santa still gives me stuff every year. It's pretty cool. He even finds me when I am out of town. Even in Hawaii :)

Ugh... come on, seriously. Why should kids be lied to by parents? Teacher did not do anything wrong by correcting the truth. I already knew it by myself Santa Claus did not exist when I was 7 years old before my older brother told me Santa was not real. I could see the handwriting "from Santa Claus" on the tag of the presents...i could tell the difference..i know it was my father's handwritten. I was not that stupid.

And returning to Cleary school after Winter recess, I've told my classmate that Santa was fake, and she already knew it by then.

Ugh... come on, seriously. Why should kids be lied to by parents? Teacher did not do anything wrong by correcting the truth. I already knew it by myself Santa Claus did not exist when I was 7 years old before my older brother told me Santa was not real. I could see the handwriting "from Santa Claus" on the tag of the presents...i could tell the difference..i know it was my father's handwritten. I was not that stupid.

Ah see, your Santa WAS fake. The real Santa doesn't wrap gifts, he is eco friendly.

And the teacher did do something wrong, she let her agenda get in the way of her teaching. I bet Santa skips her house this year.

Ah see, your Santa WAS fake. The real Santa doesn't wrap gifts, he is eco friendly.

And the teacher did do something wrong, she let her agenda get in the way of her teaching. I bet Santa skips her house this year.

So teaching accurate geography as mandated by state standards is now an 'agenda"? Okaaay. I guess we don't need to worry about teaching kids to add accurately, either. And why worry if they read several grades below level? No biggie.

Apparently the teacher took her job very seriously. I don't recall any mention of how much experience this teacher has. I'm sure she wishes now that she handled it differently. I might have been disappointed but at the same time, I know they are going to find out one way or another.

I see that there are different opinions about the illusion of Santa. Just like with gay marriage, it is not anyone's business to tell other people's children that Santa doesnt exist. Let the families handle that one on their own.

Apparently the teacher took her job very seriously. I don't recall any mention of how much experience this teacher has. I'm sure she wishes now that she handled it differently. I might have been disappointed but at the same time, I know they are going to find out one way or another.

Right. Let these kids leave her class not being able to add 2 plus 2 or not passing state mandated testing because they are being taught myth as fact, and people will have something to complain about.

Right. Let these kids leave her class not being able to add 2 plus 2 or not passing state mandated testing because they are being taught myth as fact, and people will have something to complain about.

Nobody ever teaches about Santa Claus in school. So really she didn't need to talk about it one way or the other.

Nobody ever teaches about Santa Claus in school. So really she didn't need to talk about it one way or the other.

Exactly, she was just bitter.....maybe it was a bad day or a bad childhood. :dunno: but I do know she chose to take it out on the kids. Just a bitter woman IMO

I was forced to sing "Santa Claus is coming to town" in 3rd grade. Those were the days. Nobody sued nobody. And if you had been able to hear my singing...:Ohno:

Probably wouldn't have if a kid hadn't said, "We know all about the North Pole. It is where Santa Claus lives."

I hardly think that the kid was traumatized by finding out the truth. Kids usually know a couple of years before they confess that they don't believe in Santa. Because those who believe receive!

I hardly think that the kid was traumatized by finding out the truth. Kids usually know a couple of years before they confess that they don't believe in Santa. Because those who believe receive!

Correct. Why spoil it when it still works?

35gkyh.jpg

Don't forget to to put a tic on that checkbox in your agenda, or you might have to turn in your vogon card. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back