*sticky* please pray my son Logan's health condition due fever sezuire.

Wishing your son the best and a speedy recovery.

You and your family are in my thoughts as well.

Aww poor baby! I hope he feel better SOON! *hugs*

He'll be in my prayers, of course!

Yes, I will pray for little Logan. :hug:

It is a frightening time for a one year old, and Logan is in my thoughts. My next door neighbor has a five year old who had something similar, but she is fine now, and quite a handful in babysitting. Hang in there, GalaxyAngel.

update, I'm at home due my break time for few minutes and will go back hospital again.

Logan is still fever.. They are keep monitored him.
Thanks for your prayers for my son.
So am I keep prayer for my son's recovery soon.

I read the info about fever seizures under google. Seems okay but still my concern due my son's health condition. Cuz I'm mother for..

Jillio- your child have been there fever seizures can be side effect your child may lead seizures again? I would love to curious cuz you had experience through your child have one. Im new experience seeing my baby caught seizures yesterday morning. My heart is wrenched.

By the way, I'll come back late evening. ok
Take care.

update, I'm at home due my break time for few minutes and will go back hospital again.

Logan is still fever.. They are keep monitored him.
Thanks for your prayers for my son.
So am I keep prayer for my son's recovery soon.

I read the info about fever seizures under google. Seems okay but still my concern due my son's health condition. Cuz I'm mother for..

Jillio- your child have been there fever seizures can be side effect your child may lead seizures again? I would love to curious cuz you had experience through your child have one. Im new experience seeing my baby caught seizures yesterday morning. My heart is wrenched.

By the way, I'll come back late evening. ok
Take care.

Yes, my son had several seizures. They stopped when he was 7. The minute he started to get a fever, I would start giving him Tylenol. If we could catch the fever soon enough, he would not have a seizure. But if his fever went up to fast, he would have a seizure. The seizure is the body's way of making the fever go down. He did not have any side effects from the seizures. Most kids outgrow them as their body gets more mature and can handle the fever better.

I understand how you feel in your heart. It is the scariest thing I ever had to watch when my baby would have them. If you have more questions, please ask me.

GA, I will pray for baby Logan and your family as well. :hug:

Yes, my son had several seizures. They stopped when he was 7. The minute he started to get a fever, I would start giving him Tylenol. If we could catch the fever soon enough, he would not have a seizure. But if his fever went up to fast, he would have a seizure. The seizure is the body's way of making the fever go down. He did not have any side effects from the seizures. Most kids outgrow them as their body gets more mature and can handle the fever better.

I understand how you feel in your heart. It is the scariest thing I ever had to watch when my baby would have them. If you have more questions, please ask me.

could you tell us how to deal with fever seizure if he's having one? how long does it usually last? is full-body spasm any different from fever seizure?

The closest I've ever experienced was when my friend suffered from full body spasm which lasted about 5 minutes. His mom frantically called us for help because we lived across them. I don't know if it's actually a fever seizure though. the cause of this was overworking himself when shoveling heavy snow. we were in 7th grade.

Your son and your family are in my thoughts and prayer.

I know, It's got to be scary watching your child going through this. I'll hope for a speedy recovery for your son.

Want to let you everyone know about my son's health condition went bad and caught into fever sezuire. He's staying hospital and monitored..
Please pray my son. (Logan) He's only 1 years old.

Thanks.

Terri,

Your son is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he's doing better by now and is on the road to recovery. I know febrile seizures are frightening, but thankfully, toddlers tend to outgrow them. You may need to take measures in the future to ensure that he doesn't suffer more febrile seizures.

What Jillio said was helpful. Talk to your pediatrician and see what measures you may need to take to ensure that Logan doesn't suffer a seizure in the future.

Hang in there! :hug:

could you tell us how to deal with fever seizure if he's having one? how long does it usually last? is full-body spasm any different from fever seizure?

The closest I've ever experienced was when my friend suffered from full body spasm which lasted about 5 minutes. His mom frantically called us for help because we lived across them. I don't know if it's actually a fever seizure though. the cause of this was overworking himself when shoveling heavy snow. we were in 7th grade.

A "fever seizure" is a grand-mal seizure brought on by the high body temperature. Basically what happens is, the temperature shoot up fast and the body's way of coping with is to seize. They can last a few seconds to minutes depending.

I've had them before starting from the age of about 2 yrs old. I'm unusual, in that, I continued to have them into adulthood. My last febrile seizure was three years ago when I had a systemic infection with a high fever. I should also add that I also have pre-existing neurological issues that may have also pre-disposed me to seizures already. Usually, though, toddlers outgrow the seizures that accompany high fevers. That's the norm. I happen to be the exception to that norm. :aw:

Oh dang, GA!!!! Oh man.. I hope your kid Logan will recover well enough.. I will pray for him to get well for ya to take him home and watch him play carefree and more.... hang in there..

I just asked my mom if I ever had a fever seizure and she said no. same for my brother.

GalaxyAngel - I hope you to return back with a good news!

I just asked my mom if I ever had a fever seizure and she said no. same for my brother.

GalaxyAngel - I hope you to return back with a good news!

It doesn't happen all the time. I'm not sure what pre-disposes young children to this. I think it's one of those....

crap-happens kind of things? :dunno:

But, it's a scary thing to see. Children are tough little buggers, though. They bounce back quickly. :) I also recovered well from the infection and the seizure. I've also not had a seizure in three years. It seems to be a random event with me. But, then... I also never have done anything by the book, either. :giggle:

Back