Stem cell available in Kansas City

Yeah its funny, though not as hysterical as the anti stem cell movement.

Can I ask if your hearing? The anti stem cell group first said that "it would take 50 years" Chloe Sohl case actually proves them wrong...

And you missed my point, her case is a benchmark, it establishes a principle, it sets a precedent that Stem cells can treat humans for deafness. Up on till then it was only experimental animal testing that stem cells had been used. So you shouldn’t try to cheapen the fantastic progress that could help millions of people worldwide (who want to) hear!
Deafdude has been in contact with some centres and intends to get stem cells to treat his deafness soon. And so are others so more examples will come in the future..

I can hear your leather boots shaking ;)

I disagree. Sometimes cancer spontaneously gets better, does that mean we should assume it will for you?

I am hearing. I am the hearing parent of a Deaf child, so yes, I am interested in ways to give more hearing to deaf people. BUT I am only interested in things that have been proven SAFE and EFFECTIVE. Stem cells are neither.

I disagree. Sometimes cancer spontaneously gets better, does that mean we should assume it will for you?

I am hearing. I am the hearing parent of a Deaf child, so yes, I am interested in ways to give more hearing to deaf people. BUT I am only interested in things that have been proven SAFE and EFFECTIVE. Stem cells are neither.

All types of stem cells are not safe and effective? Can you provide something a bit more substantive to back up your claim?

All types of stem cells are not safe and effective? Can you provide something a bit more substantive to back up your claim?

I am saying they have not been provn safe or effective for hearing loss.

There is nothing to show otherwise.

he anti stem cell group first said that "it would take 50 years" Chloe Sohl case actually proves them wrong...

And you missed my point, her case is a benchmark, it establishes a principle, it sets a precedent that Stem cells can treat humans for deafness.
Ummmm not quite.
It's a question of whether or not the stem cells were resposible for her improvement in hearing. She may have had the steroid treatment which is derigour when it comes to autoimmune hearing loss.
Plus, if this case is real, then how come it hasn't been all over the news?

Who is this guy? Is this oldbob

Prentice-bio.jpg

Nope Not me. I'm not that good looking.

I love to hear and love to listen but I as well will not get a treatment that isn't proven to work...I was hearing all my life til i was 16 so I of all people know what it's like to hear and then not and it's a bit tough at first. Not that I mind being deaf, I wear hearing aids and when it comes time I will get CI. I do not want to get a treatment or procedure that hasn't been done thousands or millions of times on human beings and proven to work.

Because one person, one time, in the history of the world, MAY have taken a treatment, that MAY have helped her and her alone?

Yeah, shaking in my boots.

If I didn't know any better but by your last comment seems to indicate that you have a disdain on the idea of a stem cell treatment, once proved safe and successful, would be a concern for Deaf people? In short, you don't like the idea of a successful stem cell treatment with the possibility that some Deaf people may actually go through someday?

If I didn't know any better but by your last comment seems to indicate that you have a disdain on the idea of a stem cell treatment, once proved safe and successful, would be a concern for Deaf people? In short, you don't like the idea of a successful stem cell treatment with the possibility that some Deaf people may actually go through someday?

Maybe a few people have gotten it done.
Maybe those very few people have shown improvement.
Maybe it will work for all types of SN hearing loss, including ototoxic meds.
Maybe it will work for all people who get the treatment, not just a few "anomalies"
Maybe it continue to work long term.
Maybe it will not have terrible side effects.
Maybe it will be used on thosands on people with great effacacy.

When all those maybe's are done, then I will consider looking into it for my child. But more than likely, SHE will look into it because she will be an adult.

Last edited:
Did you read this? It says 10 YEARS, not today, not tomorrow, 10 YEARS!

Again, a prediction. We already know that stem cell research and clinical trials are increasing and speeding up. Research, development and application do not take place just in the U.S. but in various countries around the world and so the prediction on fruition of successful applications could come a lot more sooner. Then again, maybe longer than 10 years. It's a prediction. Not a fact. There is already a cure for a particular vision problem using adult stem cells. Something to consider on the speed of how these medical research is taking place for stem cells applications.

Again, a prediction. We already know that stem cell research and clinical trials are increasing and speeding up. Research, development and application do not take place just in the U.S. but in various countries around the world and so the prediction on fruition of successful applications could come a lot more sooner. Then again, maybe longer than 10 years. It's a prediction. Not a fact. There is already a cure for a particular vision problem using adult stem cells. Something to consider on the speed of how these medical research is taking place for stem cells applications.

Haven't you read the posts that say that people are being "cured" TODAY? Deafdude is literally saving money so he can travel to a third world country and get an experimental medical procedure. He says that he will becoming hearing (not less deaf) and that he could do it tomorrow.

If people were saying 10 years, I could get on board. But saying that it works in people, today, just isn't true.

But anyone who wants to be treated in RNL Bio, for cases of sensorineural hearing loss can be dealt with RNL Bio. We should see what are the immediate plans. I read in another forum that RNL Bio plans to implement a permanent basis from January 2010 treatments for hearing loss.
Hopefully since the first quarter of 2010. pending confirmation of course. I repeat, is what I read in another forum, maybe it's true, but I try to RNL Bio hearing loss, I'm not sure. But the case Sohl is the first of many that will happen, no?
greetings

Did you know that the first cochlear implant was placed in 1957?

Let's assume that this ONE SINGLE woman's case is true, and repeatable for all people with SN hearing loss (HUGE assumption)....welcome to the CI of 1957. It took literally 50 years to get CI's to where they are today. It took years of experiments, inntovation, and use to get to where we are today.

That is why the idea of getting stem cells is still obscene to me. We know nothing about the long term effecacy or safety. We don't know anything!! Why would you race out to do something to yourself that can not be reversed, and that you have no idea what will happen??

OK - let's say the hospital is offering stem cell procedure for FREE. Wondering which of you will gladly sign up for it... RIGHT NOW?

:hmm:

OK - let's say the hospital is offering stem cell procedure for FREE. Wondering which of you will gladly sign up for it... RIGHT NOW?

No way in the world would I give it to my daughter right now. Too many unknowns. (And I let, no, demanded, that they put in a CI!)

Haven't you read the posts that say that people are being "cured" TODAY? Deafdude is literally saving money so he can travel to a third world country and get an experimental medical procedure. He says that he will becoming hearing (not less deaf) and that he could do it tomorrow.

If people were saying 10 years, I could get on board. But saying that it works in people, today, just isn't true.

Which "third world" countries are you speaking of? Tens of thousands of Americans every year go to India, Maylasia, Thailand, and elsewhere to get high quality medical and surgical care nowadays. Just because it's a country different than ours does not mean they do not have excellent medical and surgical care. Oh, sure, there are certain caveats when going abroad and the associated risk. So what if someone wants to or plan to go to another country to give it a shot using his/her own adult stem cells for their own treatment.

10 Best Countries for Medical Tourism | Business Pundit

Which kind of stem cells? And for what procedure are you talking about?

Which "third world" countries are you speaking of? Tens of thousands of Americans every year go to India, Maylasia, Thailand, and elsewhere to get high quality medical and surgical care nowadays. Just because it's a country different than ours does not mean they do not have excellent medical and surgical care. Oh, sure, there are certain caveats when going abroad and the associated risk. So what if someone wants to or plan to go to another country to give it a shot using his/her own adult stem cells for their own treatment.

If people don't have clean water, I'm not going to let them experiment on me.

so would you do it for your daughter if she became deaf?

Which kind of stem cells? And for what procedure are you talking about?

pick any stem cell and procedure of your choice in any country. would you do it? or for your child?

Did you know that the first cochlear implant was placed in 1957?

Let's assume that this ONE SINGLE woman's case is true, and repeatable for all people with SN hearing loss (HUGE assumption)....welcome to the CI of 1957. It took literally 50 years to get CI's to where they are today. It took years of experiments, inntovation, and use to get to where we are today.

That is why the idea of getting stem cells is still obscene to me. We know nothing about the long term effecacy or safety. We don't know anything!! Why would you race out to do something to yourself that can not be reversed, and that you have no idea what will happen??

This is a case where adult stem cells were used on a patient who happened to have a hearing loss but it was for a different treatment (not for his hearing loss) to treat a medical condition. A few weeks into his therapy he noticed a bonus side effect and that the patient's own hearing actually improved where he had to constantly turn down the volume on his hearing aid because it was getting too loud over time.

Back