States refusing federal bailout money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your quote of me.

Then debate that with the author of this thread. That is the one who brought up the stuff about there being no sales tax in some states that are refusing to request a bailout.
You miss-quoted me. Please see my post above.

You miss quoted me.

Also from bankrate.com

"Oregon has no sales tax."

Oregon state taxes

"Delaware does not assess a sales tax on consumers."

Delaware state taxes

You are still missing the point, jasin. Sales tax has absolutely nothing to do with whether the states that are refusing federal bailout money have a state income tax. :roll:

And just because there is not a state levied sales tax, does not mean that residents of that state pay no sales tax at all. It is levied at the city level.

Ummm

State and Federal are two separate things.

Sales tax and Income tax is as well.

again both falls on federal and state.

You are still missing the point, jasin. Sales tax has absolutely nothing to do with whether the states that are refusing federal bailout money have a state income tax. :roll:

And just because there is not a state levied sales tax, does not mean that residents of that state pay no sales tax at all. It is levied at the city level.

A classic Straw man Fallacy.

Your quote of me.

You miss quoted me.

No, jasin, I did not misquote you. That was directly from post #16, which was your post. I clicked on quote, and replied.

You are a very unpleasant person, aren't ya? :roll:

A classic Straw man Fallacy.

Sorry, not applicable here. Nothing about it has anything remotely to do with a straw man fallacy. In fact, there is nothing at all falicious in my statement. It is quite true. Pehaps you should learn the meaning of the phrases you are trying to throw around prior to using them.

You miss-quoted me again.

could you tell me what's "miss-quoted" mean in your own words? because you're not using that word properly. Stop inventing the definition.

No, jasin, I did not misquote you. That was directly from post #16, which was your post. I clicked on quote, and replied.

When you quote something other then what I actually post, and you did do that, then you are miss-quoting me.

could you tell me what's "miss-quoted" mean in your own words? because you're not using that word properly. Stop inventing the definition.

Gladly.

She quoted me saying, "Ignoratio Elenchi". Nowhere in any of my posts will you find those words though.

That's the miss-quote.

As to the meaning of what is meant by "miss-quote", well .. I addressed that in the post above this one.

Gladly.

She quoted me saying, "Ignoratio Elenchi". Nowhere in any of my posts will you find those words though.

That's the miss-quote.

As to the meaning of what is meant by "miss-quote", well .. I addressed that in the post above this one.

Then you deleted it, because I clicked on the post prior to replying. Nice try at a set up, but it didn't work. You changed the original post to now read, "straw man fallacy." Unfortunately for you, I am quicker on the key board than you are, and managed to get the quote before you changed your post.

When you quote something other then what I actually post, and you did do that, then you are miss-quoting me.

And if you go back and change your post after it has already been quoted, it is not a misquote. It is a quote of what you originally said. Stop trying to play games. And get back on topic.

Sorry, not applicable here. Nothing about it has anything remotely to do with a straw man fallacy. In fact, there is nothing at all falicious in my statement. It is quite true. Pehaps you should learn the meaning of the phrases you are trying to throw around prior to using them.

You miss-interpreted my position and statements merely for the purpose of attacking it.

And if you go back and change your post after it has already been quoted, it is not a misquote. It is a quote of what you originally said. Stop trying to play games. And get back on topic.

:topic:

Then you deleted it, because I clicked on the post prior to replying. Nice try at a set up, but it didn't work. You changed the original post to now read, "straw man fallacy." Unfortunately for you, I am quicker on the key board than you are, and managed to get the quote before you changed your post.

:topic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back