Stargate

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Anyone like the movie and television series?

Stargate

Stargate SG-1

Stargate Atlantis

I saw the movie years ago and thought it was a good movie.

Years later, I saw Stargate SG-1 for rent at Blockbuster Video. I thought it was one of those straight-to-DVD sequels. After seeing how it ended, I thought there would be another called Stargate SG-2. I never did.

Years go by, I'm flipping through channels and come across Stargate SG-1 on television. That's when I realized that what I had seen before was actually the 2-hour pilot episode and that I had missed 5 years worth of Stargate SG-1.

Now, I have the entire series on DVD.

What do you think of the show? What do you think of the history behind it... are there really stargates or similar technology?

I am StarGate fan both SG1 and Atlantis (oh heck! I am really a science fiction lover!)

the first movie was not a direct to dvd though it was shown at theater with Kurt Russell

then tv series when it ended. Now, there is a direct to dvd movie "Ark of Truth" and one more to come "Continuum" see this: Stargate SG-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I continue to watch Stargate: Atlantis which is shown on SciFi channel.

I'll see whole Stargate series after I finish with other tv series DVD :P

When I first saw Stargate with Kurt Russell, I thought it absolutely rocked. When Stargate SG-1 came out, I wasn't sure about it.. thought it was gonna be a cheap ripoff of the movie, but boy, I was wrong! Glad to be wrong once in a while. ;)

I welcomed the new Atlantis series with open arms and haven't been disappointed.

Dunno about real stargates and stuff like that. I wish I knew. However, I think the possibility about aliens having had an influence on our civilization does exist. Google Zecharia Sitchin. He wrote books saying that some Sumerian ancient writings talk about an ancient, advanced race who dominated the humans once upon a time and played gods and goddesses. They were supposedly very territorial, just like the 'snakeheads' in Stargate. I dont remember the name of this G'oauld who was a sadistic scientist who messed with DNA (theres a big storyline involving Cassandra in Stargate SG-1), but Zecharia Sitchin alleges that the aliens had messed around with human DNA, too, and made slaves out of some humans to help with labor. Interesting stuff.

i am Stargate fan as well that i like them all heh
i do have favorite episodes and it is too long to list smile

hey liza that is Nirrti the goa'uld :)

i am not sure if there is real stargates out there if there were some it might be very top secret that they don't wanted us to know just like in stargate:sg-1

I am currently watching entire SG-1 series right now. I am at Season 1 DVD 5. Renting through Netflix. I really liked it. FYI - season 2 and DVD 1 and 2 are not ready back in list because scratches or damaged during shipping. They are in process of reordering all.

I also have Atlantis on my netflix. Season 4 finally will be released on July 8th.

I accidentally rented Ark of Truth. I must say its impressive. And all extra clips are closed caption. But I wish I saw the entire season to understand more about Ark of Truth. Amazing see first season and last movie.

Hope the new movie come out soon.

Overall - it ROCKS! I am tempted to own the entire series in DVD format. But I doubt it cuz my wife will ask me where to store all dvd.

Thanks for the name and the correctly written name for Goa'uld :)

I like watch it all stargate sg and Stargate Atlantis
It my fav tv show :)

mind you, I have see Stargate Atlantis season 5 ep 1 :D

m5ykw.jpg

I am StarGate fan both SG1 and Atlantis (oh heck! I am really a science fiction lover!)

the first movie was not a direct to dvd though it was shown at theater with Kurt Russell

then tv series when it ended. Now, there is a direct to dvd movie "Ark of Truth" and one more to come "Continuum" see this: Stargate SG-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I continue to watch Stargate: Atlantis which is shown on SciFi channel.
Yeah, the original movie was in theaters. I was referring to Stargate SG-1 that I rented from Blockbuster Video. I thought that was a straight-to-DVD sequel to Stargate that came out in theaters before.

There were rumors that they would make a sequel to the original Stargate movie.

Stargate SG-1 is more of a sequel in someone else's words... not a sequel in the words of the original directors of Stargate.

When I first saw Stargate with Kurt Russell, I thought it absolutely rocked. When Stargate SG-1 came out, I wasn't sure about it.. thought it was gonna be a cheap ripoff of the movie, but boy, I was wrong! Glad to be wrong once in a while. ;)

I welcomed the new Atlantis series with open arms and haven't been disappointed.

Dunno about real stargates and stuff like that. I wish I knew. However, I think the possibility about aliens having had an influence on our civilization does exist. Google Zecharia Sitchin. He wrote books saying that some Sumerian ancient writings talk about an ancient, advanced race who dominated the humans once upon a time and played gods and goddesses. They were supposedly very territorial, just like the 'snakeheads' in Stargate. I dont remember the name of this G'oauld who was a sadistic scientist who messed with DNA (theres a big storyline involving Cassandra in Stargate SG-1), but Zecharia Sitchin alleges that the aliens had messed around with human DNA, too, and made slaves out of some humans to help with labor. Interesting stuff.
If you watched Stargate (Ultimate Edition) on DVD, then there's a special features part where you watch the history behind the stargate. It's interesting how they explain how the pyramids matched the size of the planets in space... where did they learn that kind of thing?

i am not sure if there is real stargates out there if there were some it might be very top secret that they don't wanted us to know just like in stargate:sg-1
I have a few favorite episodes as well.

I liked one episode where O'Neill and Teal'C are stuck in a time loop.

I also liked the one where they have these alien wrist devices that give them the ability to move at super-speed.

There was also a funny episode I liked where they had to try to capture Ba'al's clones. I remember different soldiers arguing over who got more Ba'als than the other. "I got more Ba'als than you do!" Hahaha!

I have a few favorite episodes as well.

I liked one episode where O'Neill and Teal'C are stuck in a time loop.

I also liked the one where they have these alien wrist devices that give them the ability to move at super-speed.

There was also a funny episode I liked where they had to try to capture Ba'al's clones. I remember different soldiers arguing over who got more Ba'als than the other. "I got more Ba'als than you do!" Hahaha!

yes that is my favorite it was so funny when they try not to do things over and over HAHA

hey liza your welcome :)

Anyone like the movie and television series?

Stargate

Stargate SG-1

Stargate Atlantis

I saw the movie years ago and thought it was a good movie.

Years later, I saw Stargate SG-1 for rent at Blockbuster Video. I thought it was one of those straight-to-DVD sequels. After seeing how it ended, I thought there would be another called Stargate SG-2. I never did.

Years go by, I'm flipping through channels and come across Stargate SG-1 on television. That's when I realized that what I had seen before was actually the 2-hour pilot episode and that I had missed 5 years worth of Stargate SG-1.

Now, I have the entire series on DVD.

What do you think of the show? What do you think of the history behind it... are there really stargates or similar technology?

I love all stargates.

Loved Stargate, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis! BUT my hubby & I stopped watching the latter because the TV station started showing it late at night at 11pm PLUS turning the captions off permanently. Grrrr! :pissed:

[Are there really stargates or similar technology?] ... Who knows, either maybe or maybe not. I think it would be absolutely fascinating!

yes that is my favorite it was so funny when they try not to do things over and over HAHA

hey liza your welcome :)
It's funny how O'Neill turned in his resignation... just so he could kiss Carter.

Another, he hits a golf ball through the stargate...

O'Neill: How far away is Alaris anyway?
Teal'c: Several billion miles, O'Neill.
O'Neill: That's gotta be a record.

Hehehe!

It's funny how O'Neill turned in his resignation... just so he could kiss Carter.

Another, he hits a golf ball through the stargate...

O'Neill: How far away is Alaris anyway?
Teal'c: Several billion miles, O'Neill.
O'Neill: That's gotta be a record.

Hehehe!

yep heheh love the way O'Neill does he is funny

and he rode the bike through the base hehe

Back