Sorenson router; how many computers can hook up

Oh, no wonders that Xbox 360 to PC via ICS isn't work when use both of USB and ethernet at same, as internet is kept disconnect until I pulled USB cable out of modem then issue was solved.

:) I have tried that before and found out by accidently. That is why I do not recommend trying both at same time. Never works.

Oh, no wonders that Xbox 360 to PC via ICS isn't work when use both of USB and ethernet at same, as internet is kept disconnect until I pulled USB cable out of modem then issue was solved.

NIC, now I got it yeah, there is other way to avoid replacing that NIC... here is example CompUSA.com - StarTech.com USB to 10 100 Mini Ethernet Adapter - USB1100S - Networking » Wired » Ethernet Adapters » USB - Ethernet Adapters
This could avoid taking computer apart to replace the NIC. Either way is fine. Any 10/100MBPS NIC is acceptable, don't bother 1000MBPS as this is overkill.VP and cable modem now using 10MBPS FYI.

From the Cable Modem to SR-200's WAN port, connect both with a Ethernet cable.

SR-200 Router only have ethernet port and it has no USB port.

You can't have both ethernet cable and USB cable connected to the cable modem at the same time. If you are to use the SR-200 then remove the USB Cable.

So

From SR-200

Port 1 connect ethernet cable to CPU

Port 2 connect ethernet cable to VP-100/200

Port 3 - empty can be used to connect to other CPU (ethernet)

Port 4 - empty can be used to connect to other CPU (ethernet)

If you are to use USB cable then you can't use SR-200 so that means you connect USB cable from Cable Modem to CPU.

VP-100/200 must be set to the DMZ address (192 . 168 . 0 . 125) while other CPU are set to DHCP

He's right about USB issue. IT's a headaches! Use Ethernet period...

VP works better IF use Ethernet cable from Cable Modem to WAN port of Router.

Then ANY of 4 jacks behind Router:

Jack 1 goes to VP100 or 200
Jack 2 goes to PC Ethernet adaper

Simple as is. It is not NECCESSARY to plug in jack in order behind router. You can plug Jack 2 to PC and Jack 3 to VP. If you ever moved your cable modem, router to another room or another place. you can plug in jack in different order cuz Router autoconfigures it. THe only thing is that Cable Modem ethernet must be plugged to WAN port. simple as is..

As for DMZ. If you unplugged and move router and plug it in. It's still store in it's firmware (small flash memory). The only thing you can erase it by using straightened paper clip and push "reset" button on back or under router to restore it to factory level. It'll wipe out setting info from flash memory. So if Router become screwy and you tried reboot router (unplug for 1 min and plug back in) and if it won't resolve plm. That's the last option you could do is to hard reset it.

My Belkin 54g router get screwy once in every while and I had to hard reset it. Cuz I've been unplugging and plugging Ethernet cable so often and it got borked. :rofl:

Catty

Hi there, here is my router configs.

Cable outlet wall -> Cable modem -> Dlink 604 router.

Port 1: VP100
Port 2: Ubuntu Linux Lappy (Temporary system is down for repair)
Port 3: Windows 95 Tower (I am using now)
Port 4: Empty (Custom build still not finish up or get other computer).

Hi there, here is my router configs.

Cable outlet wall -> Cable modem -> Dlink 604 router.

Port 2: Ubuntu Linux Lappy (Temporary system is down for repair)
Port 3: Windows 95 Tower (I am using now)
Port 4: Empty (Custom build still not finish up or get other computer).

LOL.

MIne is :
Cable outlet wall-> Cable Modem-> Belkin 54g wireless router..

Port 2: ABIT AV8 AMD64 2.2ghz running Ubuntu Feisty Fawn(basment system printer server and kids to use)
Port 3: Gigabyte 7VAX AMD Althon 1.6ghz or any older system (In basment.. Gigabyte is down due to heat problem with processor)
Port 4: Garage ethernet for repairing and testing CPU's or use CPU's for AIM chat for asking qq's about car ect and also I use VP100 w/ 7.2 inch LCD monitor to have chat while I'm in garage).
Wireless-->Acer Aspire Laptop w/ XP 1.8ghz on wirelessly (in closet w/ window :lol: )

That's what I have. :rofl: :rofl:

Catty

Back