son ssi taken away

the dog ate my son baha now he is totally deaf until they get replaced thank God for the videophone his appeal hearing is next week this should be interesting . Also thank God for HOH and Deaf people I never could have come so far in my life without you all including my so

True but how old is the audiogram ? If she have done it last year then that's fine. Agree to appeal again and try to talk w attorney but. First try with the appeal if I read her right. Ill re rea itwhen I get home

You would have to ask the SS Dept what they require. One thing I am certain of, though (according to my friend who won her appeal) is that they first tested her with the CI on and denied her benefits. Therefore, you would need to insist on an unaided audiogram to prove hearing level. If you're profound, you're profound. However, SS have their own way of determining eligibility (or being able to deny it) and that is by testing with the device ON. My advise: Test with the device OFF as that would give the most accurate representation of the person's level of deafness!

You would have to ask the SS Dept what they require. One thing I am certain of, though (according to my friend who won her appeal) is that they first tested her with the CI on and denied her benefits. Therefore, you would need to insist on an unaided audiogram to prove hearing level. If you're profound, you're profound. However, SS have their own way of determining eligibility (or being able to deny it) and that is by testing with the device ON. My advise: Test with the device OFF as that would give the most accurate representation of the person's level of deafness!

That would be disability determination service (representative) with doctor orders. It needs to be made appealed by SSA office first.

we are in ohio he will be attending RIT in the fall

I have heard of RIT. I wish I went there but I didnt finish high-school b/c I attended hearing classes and couldnt hear teachers even with microphones. It was very difficult. I really didnt deserve it. My parents are like that, oh he is not deaf,he can hear. Bunch of crap! Soon as I turned 18 I dropped out without feeling guilty. I was still a freshman! I didnt have no choice.

But hey, I have my GED.

I have heard of RIT. I wish I went there but I didnt finish high-school b/c I attended hearing classes and couldnt hear teachers even with microphones. It was very difficult. I really didnt deserve it. My parents are like that, oh he is not deaf,he can hear. Bunch of crap! Soon as I turned 18 I dropped out without feeling guilty. I was still a freshman! I didnt have no choice.

But hey, I have my GED.

With that, you can still go to a college :)

problem serious on SSI reason advise! risk complication! tough!

hey my hearing daughter dropped out because she couldn't pass the perfincey math test went back got her GED said it was harder now is enrolled in college in medical bussiness administration GO BACK TO SCHOOL I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT

I am so confused.

What is the difference between SSI and SSDI?

I thought you have experience with SSA.

Check this SSI

Social Security's Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program

SSI is for the low/limited income/resource like it's for free. But it helps those people who really need it so bad.

CHeck this SSDI

Social Security Disability Benefits

Anyone who have been working for at least 10 years and paid SS taxes and get ss benefit but all individuals get different number of amount of benefits based on their years of working. (it is for disability only which means any age. while retirement requires at least age 62 that is another subject.

Frisky- Thanks for that info. I was confused myself. I know now that I get SSDI, but I'm still not sure what my daughter got. I think it was SSI. She was ages 5-9 when she got it, and it was dependent on hubby's paycheck as well as regular intervals and checkups with a child psychologist, speech pathologist and a pediatrician (not her regular one)and I had to keep all receipts and prove that the money was used for her and her alone. It was a hassle, but very appreciated.

Frisky- Thanks for that info. I was confused myself. I know now that I get SSDI, but I'm still not sure what my daughter got. I think it was SSI. She was ages 5-9 when she got it, and it was dependent on hubby's paycheck as well as regular intervals and checkups with a child psychologist, speech pathologist and a pediatrician (not her regular one)and I had to keep all receipts and prove that the money was used for her and her alone. It was a hassle, but very appreciated.

If you are receiving SSDI then any minors are entitled to get benefits on your benefits, just half of what you got a SS benefit per month. for example 1000 for you and kid should get 500 but if family max is say 1100. then the entitled children would only get to split 100. it depends on what family max you have. Like 250 each for two kids, 167 each for three kids. BUT it depends on what the family max have amount of $$.

for survivor claim, any minors will get 75 percents what claimants had for the family max.

If you are receiving SSDI then any minors are entitled to get benefits on your benefits, just half of what you got a SS benefit per month. for example 1000 for you and kid should get 500 but if family max is say 1100. then the entitled children would only get to split 100. it depends on what family max you have. Like 250 each for two kids, 167 each for three kids. BUT it depends on what the family max have amount of $$.

for survivor claim, any minors will get 75 percents what claimants had for the family max.

Well - at the time she was getting hers, I was not on SSDI and was a stay at home mother. Hubby was working a full time job and thinking about a part time as well and we lived in housing that was income capped. If you made a certain amount, then you could not live there. With her SSI, we had to move. I never thought about the fact that the kids could also get money as long as I was on my SSDI, but now, it's almost a moot point since she will be 18 in March and he's only 16.

I thought you have experience with SSA.

Check this SSI

Social Security's Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program

SSI is for the low/limited income/resource like it's for free. But it helps those people who really need it so bad.

CHeck this SSDI

Social Security Disability Benefits

Anyone who have been working for at least 10 years and paid SS taxes and get ss benefit but all individuals get different number of amount of benefits based on their years of working. (it is for disability only which means any age. while retirement requires at least age 62 that is another subject.

Thanks. I am learning more and more each day. I am new with SSA b/c I started collecting SSDI in January 2010 with a huge check for not working at all in 2009. :)

I dont know why I am forced to pay medicare with my SSDI money. I'm not happy about it but I feel sercured by having health insurance. :) You just never know. I almost died in 2007 b/c of ruptured appendix. I was afraid go to hospital w/o health insurance. VERY stupid of me.

Thanks. I am learning more and more each day. I am new with SSA b/c I started collecting SSDI in January 2010 with a huge check for not working at all in 2009. :)

I dont know why I am forced to pay medicare with my SSDI money. I'm not happy about it but I feel sercured by having health insurance. :)

Be thankful you are able to get some insurance. I too have to pay for my Medicare, but it's better than not having anything. My Medicare started in Sept 2010.

Be thankful you are able to get some insurance. I too have to pay for my Medicare, but it's better than not having anything. My Medicare started in Sept 2010.

I am thankful. Im not really complain', it is all good. I only had to wait for one year, not two yrs. Mine just started in Jan. 2011, not 2012. I just dont like paying over $100 a month for it but oh well, life is not fair.

EDIT: I dont even have a doctor,yet. :lol:

I am thankful. Im not really complain', it is all good. I only had to wait for one year, not two yrs. Mine just started in Jan. 2011, not 2012. I just dont like paying over $100 a month for it but oh well, life is not fair.

EDIT: I dont even have a doctor,yet. :lol:

It took me 6 months before I went to the doctor after getting mine after waiting 2 years.

Ah well - I can't complain. I am making use of it now.

Medicaid is free if you are on SSI. Contact your Social Security Administration about it.

It took me 6 months before I went to the doctor after getting mine after waiting 2 years.

Ah well - I can't complain. I am making use of it now.

That is good. I'm wondering why I only had to wait for one yr and you waited 2 yrs to get Medicare.

Couple of things I dont like about Medicare,they dont cover dentist and hearing aids. I paid $285 for 3 fillings,x-ray and cleaning back in Dec,Jan,and Feb. They all told me I have very nice teeth. I have an appointment in 2 weeks for six month teeth cleaning but Im going to cancel it b/c it is 40 miles one way and dont feel like spending $40 for another cleaning. Nah,forget it.

Back