son ssi taken away

Medicaid is free if you are on SSI. Contact your Social Security Administration about it.

SSA Reps tends to give SSI claimant a letter that SSI claimants are eligible for ssi and need medical assitance to dept of social service. SO SSI cliamants can go to dept of social services and show a letter to them, then ssi claimants will get a medicaid but the card will come in eventually.

I am forbidden to get SSI. How nice. Well, I am hungry for money so I work. You can't always rely on SSI for rest of your life. Being deaf is no excuse for unable to work.

is there help for individuals who are low income to pay the Medicare benefits? My medicare starts in Nov (I just got my card less than 2 weeks ago). I don't even make $10,000 a year. I'm just not sure I can even afford to have Medicare take $115 out of my SSDI to pay it every month. I do have an appointment on Aug. 9 with a lady who is a medicare expert and she'll help me figure out the system, sign up for the right plans, etc. etc. etc. I was just curious and trying to do a little research in the meantime (did read on SSA and Medicare sites and all they did was confuse me more!).

is there help for individuals who are low income to pay the Medicare benefits? My medicare starts in Nov (I just got my card less than 2 weeks ago). I don't even make $10,000 a year. I'm just not sure I can even afford to have Medicare take $115 out of my SSDI to pay it every month. I do have an appointment on Aug. 9 with a lady who is a medicare expert and she'll help me figure out the system, sign up for the right plans, etc. etc. etc. I was just curious and trying to do a little research in the meantime (did read on SSA and Medicare sites and all they did was confuse me more!).

I didnt have a choice to pay for my Medicare. Go to your Social Security office and talk to them. I already paid over $600 for Medicare and dont even have a doctor. :lol: You cant have health insurance for free,ya know.

I am taking straight medicare right now and between the medicare and the prescription drug plan, I get $134.60 taken each month out of my check. I did get something that asked if I needed help with prescription drug costs, but so far I am not on any and I hope to not have any. Well, I just got some Tylenol 3, but it's not a regular thing. The doc wants to put me on some medicine for my neuropathy, but I've had it before and it didn't do anything. Had the largest dose possible and then spent 9 months being weaned off it. Won't do that again. The rheumotologist still hasn't figured out what I can take that will help. Most of what he wants to give me, either I've had it and it did no good, or I am allergic to something in it, or he's afraid I will have a reaction too severe.

Seems that those at the Social Security Administration should really go through a bunch of all day workshops on all disability technologies... hearing aids, cochlear implants, BAHA, wheelchair, crutches, etc... just to get an understanding that they will still never be cured just because they're using an assistive device. :roll:

It depends on what you have limited resource.

if you have ssi then...

For example......
if you don't work at all then medicaid will begin to pay the medicare premium because you have SSI. This may take a few months to kick in. yes you may have a few months of medicare premium taken out before medicard starts to pay the premiums. any money that is taken out for premiums will be paid back to you after a few months.

if you don't have SSI then you may have to pay the medicare premium by taking out of your SSDI benefit. =?

They also have started saying that a diabetic, as long as they are taking insulin, no longer qualifies.

That is false. All diabetics are disqualified UNLESS they have a diabetes complication which stops them from working (ESRD, severe neuropathy, whatever) OR have extremely uncontrolled diabetes (hypoglycemic seizures, frequent hospitalizations in ketosis, whatever).

Diabetes itself does not make you unable to work. Mismanagement or complications can, and you can qualify for SSI/SSDI based on those. But needing to take insulin and test regularly hardly makes you unable to work.

I currently have Medicaid. I do work, but only part-time, and receive SSDI. Kind of tricky trying to make sense of the system.

Back