Some Banks are afraid of the Deaf

just because the guy in the video says its a true story doesn't mean it is. Nor does it seem like he's telling the whole story. I'm sure similar situations HAVE happened in the past, but this one is missing enough details to make me think it's anything more than a hypothetical.
*EQL*

Wirelessly posted

Wow. To me, it is easy to through a situation. Maybe it is just me.

just because the guy in the video says its a true story doesn't mean it is. Nor does it seem like he's telling the whole story. I'm sure similar situations HAVE happened in the past, but this one is missing enough details to make me think it's anything more than a hypothetical.
*EQL*

That's part of why I told my story of the same thing happening.

I have since found out, that the whole staff was re-trained in ADA policies and all. They also were trained to read a note before reacting. In my case, I was dressed for a dressy party and had only my wallet, pen, notepad and cane with me. The purse was locked in the car.

Deaf customer hands note to teller.

Teller pushes "help" button without reading note.

Police arrive, assess situation.

Question:

From the time the teller hit the button until the police arrived, the teller never read the note? The teller and the customer just stood there waiting untile the police showed up? It doesn't make sense.

Push alarm button then take around 1-2 minutes (depend on location and traffic) later polices arrived and teller still don't have time to read a note for 1-2 minutes.

Push alarm button then take around 1-2 minutes (depend on location and traffic) later polices arrived and teller still don't have time to read a note for 1-2 minutes.

try reading 1 sentence with a gun pointed at your face :lol:

try reading 1 sentence with a gun pointed at your face :lol:
If the deafie was pointing a gun at the teller then the note was the least of his problems.

If the deafie was pointing a gun at the teller then the note was the least of his problems.

I was wondering about that..

If the deafie doesnt have a gun out and is innocent, the teller will be able to read the note while waiting for the cops to arrive, right?

you don't know if he has a gun or not on himself. That's why the bank teller was very frightened. I mean.... after seeing dozens of bank robbery videos... it's understandable.

Because teller is an idiot for not read on the note in first place.

No the person giving the teller is the idiot! By the time the teller read the note a gun could be pointing at their head! The banks are not afraid of deaf people , they're afraid of getting robbed or killed when they're givern a note.

No the person giving the teller is the idiot! By the time the teller read the note a gun could be pointing at their head!

IF the deaf person has a gun BUT what if the deaf person doesnt and uses pen and paper to communicate? Is the deaf person the idiot?

No the person giving the teller is the idiot! By the time the teller read the note a gun could be pointing at their head! The banks are not afraid of deaf people , they're afraid of getting robbed or killed when they're givern a note.

um..... why would a robber give bank teller a note and then point a gun at her head? why risk the panic and getting shot by security guard?

If you were the teller, could you honestly read the note while being scared and understand it fully? I doubt I would knowing how things has gone in past.

Sometime, I folded my check with deposit slip that it looks like note. I don't see any point why tellers got freak out when they see a note.

um..... why would a robber give bank teller a note and then point a gun at her head? why risk the panic and getting shot by security guard?

none of the banks I go to have a security guard and I never been in a bank with one . So that did not come to my mind.

none of the banks I go to have a security guard and I never been in a bank with one . So that did not come to my mind.

True..I have been to some bank that dont have security guards and some that have one.

However, is the deaf person the idiot for writing the note even if it is for communication purposes?

I have certainly approached bank tellers and handed paperwork without saying anything.

I have never had them push the panic button or even look frightened. I find it hard to believe.

Sometime, I folded my check with deposit slip that it looks like note. I don't see any point why tellers got freak out when they see a note.

I have certainly approached bank tellers and handed paperwork without saying anything.

I have never had them push the panic button or even look frightened. I find it hard to believe.

it would depend on where you live and what you look like. I think that deaf person may looks like a robber.

Back