Some Banks are afraid of the Deaf

Sometime, I folded my check with deposit slip that it looks like note. I don't see any point why tellers got freak out when they see a note.

Maybe the teller was robbed before and and you really can't judge the teller for being afraid . If you had a job when you could job you might react the same way.

it would depend on where you live and what you look like. I think that deaf person may looks like a robber.

You are probably right. I look anything but threatening.

If you were the teller, could you honestly read the note while being scared and understand it fully? I doubt I would knowing how things has gone in past.

I have been in that position before, and yes, even being scared enough to wet your pants (I did) I was still able to read the note. It's not a good feeling being on that side of the situations, but a lot can be avoided. That's why, in my case when I was the customer, I specifically stated first, I am deaf please read this note.

True..I have been to some bank that dont have security guards and some that have one.

However, is the deaf person the idiot for writing the note even if it is for communication purposes?

My computer just crash on me when i was answering you. No ,that is not want I meant. It would be better if the deaf person tried to tell the teller they could not hear before giving them the note. I can see where the teller is coming from , they are trained to look out for any thing the could mean the bank is going to get robbed , and getting a note is a red flag. The banks should come up with a way to better way service their deaf customer , so the deaf customer and teller will not have a misunderstanding.

Ok I AM A BANK TELLER...
I am guessing it is different bank policy in US but here in canada you are told to take the note read the note and if it IS a robbery note, aka usual is "give me all your money in your till, don't say a word, etc". My bank has been robbed twice while I've been working and standard procedure is take the note give the robber the money in the till and the dye pack (bait money) as soon as the robber leaves through the door the dye pack is activated and it's only a matter of time before he or she is caught. This procedure helps the robber keep his cool because he thinks he is in control and this causes the least amount of violence.

We've never had a violent robber and this is very rare as well. I think the button is somewhat ridiculous as there is SO much that can happen in between that button being pressed and when the cops come and this can usually result in violence or a hostage situation. But again that doesn't happen much either anymore...the robbers top priority is to get in and get out they don't wanna stick around cuz 9 times out of 10 they are most scared than you are and are just stupid for doing what they're doing.

After the robber leaves there is a procedure booklet in which to proceed with and this is when the cops come and you tell your supervisor, manager.

My computer just crash on me when i was answering you. No ,that is not want I meant. It would be better if the deaf person tried to tell the teller they could not hear before giving them the note. I can see where the teller is coming from , they are trained to look out for any thing the could mean the bank is going to get robbed , and getting a note is a red flag. The banks should come up with a way to better way service their deaf customer , so the deaf customer and teller will not have a misunderstanding.

Thanks for clearing that up. :ty:

I agree with you.

none of the banks I go to have a security guard and I never been in a bank with one . So that did not come to my mind.
Few of the banks around here have guards. My credit union where I do my banking doesn't have a guard.

it would depend on where you live and what you look like. I think that deaf person may looks like a robber.

That's happen when I was wear cap hat with sunglasses (summer, spring, and sometime fall) and happened at Chicago and QC. No problem so far.

Ok I AM A BANK TELLER...
I am guessing it is different bank policy in US but here in canada you are told to take the note read the note and if it IS a robbery note, aka usual is "give me all your money in your till, don't say a word, etc". My bank has been robbed twice while I've been working and standard procedure is take the note give the robber the money in the till and the dye pack (bait money) as soon as the robber leaves through the door the dye pack is activated and it's only a matter of time before he or she is caught. This procedure helps the robber keep his cool because he thinks he is in control and this causes the least amount of violence.

We've never had a violent robber and this is very rare as well. I think the button is somewhat ridiculous as there is SO much that can happen in between that button being pressed and when the cops come and this can usually result in violence or a hostage situation. But again that doesn't happen much either anymore...the robbers top priority is to get in and get out they don't wanna stick around cuz 9 times out of 10 they are most scared than you are and are just stupid for doing what they're doing.

After the robber leaves there is a procedure booklet in which to proceed with and this is when the cops come and you tell your supervisor, manager.

the panic button gives the cops a head-up. They will take action when the robber leaves the bank. They're not that stupid (maybe some are :lol: )

We don't have panic buttons and guaranteed we have less robberies than you guys do in the states

As for me, I would signal that I am deaf. I always take hat/hoodie off before I go inside. Most of time I carry my own pen and notebook. Never had problem at my bank. One by my work always have security guard on duty.

I have a real source... On why that happen...

Attachments

• bank_note.jpg
    bank_note.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 13
PowerOn, dude.. thats funny but in realistic, will you do that? nah, i dont think so.

If im that person, i would say,"yo fool, read that note, im D-E-A-F. I cant hear you, dummy. I want to do bank matter with you, fool."

::reads note- "i want drop 10 jeffersons dollars deposit and dead presidents thanking you"::

peace!

Deaf should always come to the teller and make himself clear that he's deaf and ask for a note. It's that simple.

Be reasonable. Reality is that bankers are constantly under threat of armed robbery - don't take it out on them. Be empathetic and you should change your behavior. Don't demand that they change when they could be risking their lives.

So, my bank got robbed today the robber, a young teen, handed over a note, we gave the money and the dye pack (bait money) and it went off about a min later after he fled

So, my bank got robbed today the robber, a young teen, handed over a note, we gave the money and the dye pack (bait money) and it went off about a min later after he fled

now you know why the bank teller freaked out

Yes, this is why tellers don't like notes..not to say that she wasn't really smart anyway (if the story is true) to not have read the note fist! but this is a VERY common way to rob a bank without drawing attention to yourself

she's never doubted why the bank teller freaked out

I have a habit of saying "you" as in general you. my bad. I meant for other people here who thought the bank teller overreacted.

Yes, this is why tellers don't like notes..not to say that she wasn't really smart anyway (if the story is true) to not have read the note fist! but this is a VERY common way to rob a bank without drawing attention to yourself

I'm glad nobody was harmed today. how much did that foolish boy ran away with?

Back