Social Experiment - the Muslims

Except kokonut?

Quite a few were offended he was directly mentioned in the joke. If you don't apologize to him, you're still offending the others who were offended in the first place; so it's not quite "all."

Except kokonut?

Quite a few were offended he was directly mentioned in the joke. If you don't apologize to him, you're still offending the others who were offended in the first place; so it's not quite "all."

I had done like that before but kokonut mocked and not going say again.

I guess that I need shut up.

I had done like that before but kokonut mocked and not going say again.

I guess that I need shut up.

171-0804085327-sucker_300.gif

Souggy, ok.

I'm apologize to all, including kokonut for being offended by bad joke that I told, even I don't know that my joke is bad but some people got different feeling.

Better now?

so my problem is.... what's with people especially Caucasian telling to non-white people - "Go back to where you're from" even though non-white people were born and raised in America?

what's even sadder is that these people who proudly announced themselves as "Proud American" don't even know their own Constitution and laws. what people did at the end gave me a hope that America can come out of this bigotry and racism sooner or later...

so the question still remains for decades - "WHAT MAKES YOU AMERICAN?"

You really need to get a grip. You realize the caucasian dude was an actor right?

What is it with you and your hatred of caucasians? Do you think the only humans that are racist are white?

Why not show a video of a caucasian dude shopping in Afghanistan with the roles reversed?

Um...

Jiro is an American and he's free to criticize American society.

Why drag a third-world country like Afghanistan into the picture? Comparing a country from Central Asia, which has a long history of anti-imperialism for eons as a result of Russians, British, Persians, Americans, Muslims and Indians mucking with the region, to America, a country that claim to be friendly toward all immigrants?

You have to understand, America has one thing that doesn't allow itself to be compared to other societies-- the ability to militarily, economically and politically subject other nations to bend to their wills. As long America still have that capability to influence middle-power and third-world countries, any attempt to compare American society to other societies is null and void. The Soviet Union used to be a good one to compare to, but now they're gone...

You really need to get a grip. You realize the caucasian dude was an actor right?
yes. I posted the description. Why focus on actor and not the real people? The actor instigated the situation and the real people supported him. A few people intervened and scold him.

What is it with you and your hatred of caucasians? Do you think the only humans that are racist are white?
only racist people. did you even read my post?

From post #3 - "so my problem is.... what's with people especially Caucasian telling to non-white people - "Go back to where you're from" even though non-white people were born and raised in America?"

So let me ask you this - in America... majority of racist people who spouted "I AM THE AMERICAN PATRIOT! GO BACK TO WHERE YOU'RE FROM!" to anybody is......... what? Caucasian? Asian? Arab?

Why not show a video of a caucasian dude shopping in Afghanistan with the roles reversed?
um... why? I addressed the racist attitude, not skin color. Why don't you try choosing a modern wealthy country if you want to compare?

I remember a few persons claim whites can't or never have experience of being prejudiced and discriminated cos they are a majority and healthy. Thoughts?

Except you're forgetting America has the dollars. Anywhere people can make money, they will ignore the parts of society they dislike.

And obviously, jillio is talking about imperialism, not human rights violations. A country with numerous human rights violations does not equate to intolerant society, but rather a society headed by people who are power-hungry.

Bingo.

How many human rights violations does it take for a country to become an "intolerant society"?

Who decides what those "human rights violations" consist of? Someone outside the culture? Again, just because you consider something to be a human rights violation doesn't mean that the person living under that condition considers it one. Stop with the ethnocentrism.

Yet, it is a valid question. What does it take for a country to be labeled as an intolerant society? What country isn't intolerant? I'm sure there is no one single country that never had any human rights violations.

It is an invalid question as it has nothing to do with the concept of tolerance.

Who decides what those "human rights violations" consist of? Someone outside the culture? Again, just because you consider something to be a human rights violation doesn't mean that the person living under that condition considers it one. Stop with the ethnocentrism.
It also doesn't mean that people living in that culture are hunky-dory with those conditions either. In fact, it's often the people living in those cultures who appeal to the UN and international human rights organizations for help.

It also doesn't mean that people living in that culture are hunky-dory with those conditions either. In fact, it's often the people living in those cultures who appeal to the UN and international human rights organizations for help.

But not always. And those appealing are generally in a considerable minority.

But again, it is most often someone from the outside classifying as a "human rights violation" based on their value and belief system rather than the one of the culture they are attempting to "save". That in and of itself is intolerance.

But not always. And those appealing are generally in a considerable minority.

But again, it is most often someone from the outside classifying as a "human rights violation" based on their value and belief system rather than the one of the culture they are attempting to "save". That in and of itself is intolerance.
So the Holocaust would not be a human rights violation? The Soviet pogroms weren't human rights violations? Genocide in the Sudan, Rwanda, and Darfur aren't human rights violations? Those of us outside the cultures should just ignore these things so as not to be labeled "ethnocentric?"

Slavery in the United States used to be considered acceptable by the prevailing culture of the South. Was it ethnocentric and wrong for American abolitionists to take a stand against it? Those appealing slavery at the time were "generally in a considerable minority."

Back