Sidekick 3 !!

we got those here in hawaii saw it and held one eh 399.00 for that black one EEPS perfer the good old SK2 will be getting VERY shortly YAY :)

There is no Sidekick 3 coming out in the near future. Until you see an official announcement from T-Mobile, there is no Sidekick 3. If you want a Sidekick, get the Sidekick 2. Ignore the rumors of Sidekick 3's.

SidekickII are soooo outdate while every new mobile are most advanced.

If Sidekick III doesn't come with EDGE, bluetooth and connect to computer. Then it would still OUTDATE. So embarrass, it will.

Oh yeah.. if Sidekick III come with EDGE. You know what happen? Mobile AIM will finally breath to get a real-time communication just like you use on computer.

Now wek know for sure that SK III isnt going to be a blackberry. I'm picking up a lot of wind that the name 'Sidekick III' is a name associated with vacuum cleaners.

Richard

I doubt there will be sidekick 3 comes out sooner. Since the Tmobile has made 2 of the edition sidekick 2 (pink and black) which they're cost too much money. So stick with the sidekick 2 for a while til if we see the sidekick 3 comes out to the store.

Otherwise there another nice cell phone called THE V. I know the verizon wireless do those services on The V. The V has keyboard flip phone with camera email text message.

Nikki

Nesmuth said:
Yes it does! In the heads of the ignorants!

Richard :lol:
The only truely ignorant are the ones calling others ignorant, unless you work for tmobile you can not state for certain that the device does not exist, so you need to check your own ignorance at the door before you speak on the ignorance of others

This picture is real but not Sidekick III. This device is under different name and will be released in Asia counities soon. It is PocketPC based OS. We will not expect to see this model in the USA this year. We do not know if this company will market to US next year. Someone created a page at http://www.freewebs.com/sidekick3/index.htm is hoax We already reported this hoax to T-Mobile.

There is NO official words about Sidekick III from either T-Mobile or Danger this time. We beleive.... no Sidekick III will be released this year.

This Device is NOT Sidekick!

FAQ:

1. Will this new T-Mobile model, MDA IV, be sold in the USA?

NO! T-Mobile has announced the MDA IV for the European market this
summer. There is no information on when the MDA IV will be available
in the US market - it is highly doubtful it will be this year.
2. What is the expected price?

T-Mobile Germany did not set the price yet. We believe that it would
cost about US $500 to $600.
3. Why will they not sell it in the USA yet?

The MDA IV is designed to work with European network technology in
mind. US wireless networks are older than Europe's, and this probably
is one reason the MDA IV is not going to be available in the US yet.
The MDA IV can use GSM/GPRS and UTMS (3G) which is very fast. (It can
use Bluetooth and WiFi as well.)
4. Will MDA IV replace the Sidekick II?

No, it is developed by a different company, HTC. It also runs a
different OS, Windows Mobile. The Sidekick is made by Danger and the
Sidekicks run the Danger OS. We are making an educated guess that we
may be hearing about the new Sidekick sometime in the Spring of 2006, probably not sooner.

4. Where I can read more information about the MDA IV?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/03/t_mobile_unveils_mda_iv/
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000090030074/
http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5757.html
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/55854

Also, feel free to visit Deaftech.info who also has an article
debunking this rumor:
http://www.deaftech.info/2005/02/the_tmobile_mda.html

5. Letter to Deaf Community from employee of T-Mobile USA

Hello everyone,

Have you received a forwarded email with a picture of a very cool looking device which the email claims to be a Sidekick 3? I've gotten plenty of these the last few days. At first, I thought this was a Sidekick 3 as
well.

So I did some research and here's what I figured out.Last week, it was announced that a new Microsoft PDA phone would be released for T-Mobile Germany this summer. It's style resembles that of the
Sidekick.

Just so there's no confusion, this is definitely not the T-Mobile Sidekick 3 (or any Sidekick device). This is the MDA IV. MDA is a product lineup of Microsoft smart phones sold in Europe. At this time, there is no word of a Sidekick 3 release. My guess is the earliest we would see a new Sidekick would be early 2006.

T-Mobile USA will not carry the MDA IV. It's network standards are designed with European technology in mind. It's possible a similar version could be designed for us. If it does I will be sure to publish an update.

I believe it was a news article written in the United Kingdom that sparked much of the confusion. The link for the article is below. Notice how the title of the article might imply the device was a 'Sidekick 3.' I think I might write a letter to the editor :)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/03/t_mobile_unveils_mda_iv/

Thanks,
Eric Marks
T-Mobile USA
Phone: 630-627-0800
Fax: 630-627-0482

Attachments

• sidekick3.jpg
    sidekick3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 20
the sidekick is really coming!

this is da new sidekick 3... first coming out in germany and now coming out 2 usa in summer of 06... pricing $400.

Attachments

• mdaiv.jpg
    mdaiv.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 9
  • MDA4-2.jpg
    MDA4-2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 15
nypanamanian said:
this is da new sidekick 3... first coming out in germany and now coming out 2 usa in summer of 06... pricing $400.

that is not sidekick.. it is MDA.
re-read carefully those posts above this post.

nypanamanian said:
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

It's the new Sidekick III!

NOT!

That's old news.

VamPyroX said:
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

It's the new Sidekick III! NOT! That's old news.

I just asked the manager at tmobil store. He called the headquarter. SK3 will be not release until spring 2007 in USA. European will get SK3 in the summer of 2006.

I wonder why USA technology slower than Europe ?

Kalista said:

there have been many same questions in AD...

again we said before in AD, remmy this country is huge and japan and europe(many small countries) are small and tmobile is from germany. Cingular and Verizon have been first in the world for some times to get higher speed and better network and T-mobile is a snail to catch up with the slow network in usa.

Tmobile already have higher speed network in Europe because tmobile is from Europe, not here. that is why tmobile's MDA are popular in europe. MDA cant be used in USA because Tmobile's slow network wont accept MDA.

I got no idea why we, USA/American are slower than Europe. :dunno:

Thanks for let me know about new SK3...that's next year.

Kalista said:
I just asked the manager at tmobil store. He called the headquarter. SK3 will be not release until spring 2007 in USA. European will get SK3 in the summer of 2006.

Ahh that explain! Thanks DeafClimber for explaintion! :thumb:

deafclimber said:
there have been many same questions in AD...

again we said before in AD, remmy this country is huge and japan and europe(many small countries) are small and tmobile is from germany. Cingular and Verizon have been first in the world for some times to get higher speed and better network and T-mobile is a snail to catch up with the slow network in usa.

Tmobile already have higher speed network in Europe because tmobile is from Europe, not here. that is why tmobile's MDA are popular in europe. MDA cant be used in USA because Tmobile's slow network wont accept MDA.

This is the sidekick 3

This phone is shipped to europe first becoming the T-Mobile's German wing... the early summer it will be shipped to the US becoming the new Sidekick 3... my good friend from germany has 1 on list and hes sure that it is the sidekick 3 and it will be shipped to the US. Its just t-mobile havent told any 1 in the US dat the sk3 will be coming. They still want to make more money from the sidekick 2... because the creators are getting real mad because people just want to see this sidekick 3 come and t-mobile is holding off on the sk3... but europe is paying mad money 2 have this device... he did not tell me how much it will be pricing but he said that it will be around $500 or $600. Y so much? because the sidekick 3 will run wit Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition and it is a HTC design. The unit sports two cameras, and come equipped with a tri-band GSM/GPRS radio. T-mobile is offering a push email service to. Its a 3G-enabled MDA IV mini laptop! But maybe when it comes out in the US it will be cheaper, but that i dont kno...
Any more questions about anything... im the guy 2 ask.. i kno about everything! seriously! lol nypanamanian@tmail.com

You're wrong, buddy. The MDA IV isn't meant to be sold in the U.S., nor will it be remodeled the "Sidekick 3."

The Sidekick line is exclusively made by Danger, Inc, not HTC which makes the MDA IV. Therefore, it's impossible for the German MDA IV to become the U.S. "Sidekick 3." It would have to be a completely different model rebranded by Danger to become a Sidekick, and that won't happen.

Back